The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I read the book, and, I must say, the truth serum you injected was long overdue in portions of the book. I marked 119 pages out the book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smartfastlane

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 20, 2011
Hi MJ,

i read the book and marked a lot of important stuff. Thanks for shipping it to Germany :)

Now i need to reread it.

GuyRich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 11, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
I read the book, got the kick from the backside & now I'm moving considerably faster! Although I'm still on the slowlane (9-5 Job), I'm indicating to go in the fastlane (I'm putting more hours into my business: studying marketing/sales etc.)...

THANKS for the book.

anero

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 21, 2011
I read the book an I'm now recommending it to friends and family. It's given me the push I needed to get out of the Slowlane and start taking action on a business idea.

Limitless

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 19, 2011
I have read it and I am slowly going through it again. Got me to refocus on my dreams and not settle.

Thanks

xindexer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 22, 2011
New Orleans, LA
This is one of the few books I've read that I can say was a life-changer. It's one of those books that I have to buy and give out to people I care for - the information and the mindset that is laid out in its' pages is just too valuable to keep all to myself!

kcm3000

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 21, 2011
Ma
Bought the Kindle Version two days ago... finished it today... signed up on the forum yesterday. Glad to be here!

PleasesaytheD

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2011
Bought and read the book after listening to an interview on the Smart Passive Income Podcast. As an attorney by day, this book revealed I was in the wrong mindset. Recommend it to those who want to change and will take action.

FutureBlessings

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 1, 2011
Ive read the book!!! One word: PRICELESS!!!!! Ive learned pretty much everything I wanted to know since reading about how to become a millionaire. I always thought that these people that write these books never tell you EXACTLY how to become a millionaire, FORREAL. They always beat around the bush and tell you to save and invest, do what you love, Byob, and blah blah blah. Well one thing I know for sure is that MJ BURNED that bush down in this book. Every question I've always wondered about or wanted to ask was answered in this book. Thank God for your honesty either you just couldnt take the bs anymore from these so call experience advice mentors out here or you just didnt care to tell it like it is. Whatever it was THANK YOU!!!! I really hope you understand how you are changing peoples lives. Thank you so much. Amber.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Finally finished it this afternoon. **GREAT** stuff. I've read a lot of business and entrepreneurship books and I'd say this is the absolute best for hard-core good content and common sense.

Tried to get my 16-yr-old to read it. Talked up the Lambos, getting rich young, etc. Not interested, too busy playing video games. :pullhair: About the same interest level he shows for school. Guess I need to lead by example! Time to get to work...

30yomillionaire

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 13, 2011
Off the grid
I'm changing my name to Marco!

j/k - but when I write my book on how I made 10 million in 1 year - I will sure give credit where credit is due

--
Sincerely
Marco Palma

Joseph Compton

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 18, 2010
phx,az
MJ,

This book is Fantastic, I have read the "2 dads" book and this is by far better, Relates to alot of the things i have had to do in my past, continue to do presently and will do in the future.

Thank you for putting out a book that is not alot of fluff

rich2me

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jun 15, 2011
I have read all sorts of books on business, but this book hits the nail on the head. As I mentioned in my introduction post, I can take constructive criticism (former Navy, New Yorker now living in DC area). Part of the reason why I feel MJ does this is to see if his readers actually "get it". I will give you an example below of someone who doesn't want to "get it".

I spoke to a friend of mine a few weeks ago about this book and how real it is! I explained to him my thoughts on the book, where I'm going with my fastlane business, and even pulled up one of MJ's video's on his new HTC 3D phone. Afterwards, I asked him if he knew anyone who did programming, apps, games, anything computers. He says to me, "Yeah, I know someone, this guy whose hair I cut does that." So I asked for his number, all of a sudden, he doesn't have it. I didn't let the former New York in me come out just yet...

Okay, perhaps he didn't program his number in his new HTC 3D phone... *Shrug*

So I shrugged it off, and went on and on in excitement about how my mindset has totally changed, that this isn't one of those things where you read and forget about unless you're just that lazy or fearful...You know what he said to me?

"Oh wow, all of a sudden I am feeling sleepy..."

What! Okay, so my AC needs some freon, but so?

So I stayed quiet and listened to him babble about this old-school party he was throwing for his old neighborhood. Not knocking him, but of course at that time (every bit of 1 1/2 hours) I felt sleepy, too. And I kindly let him know this.

Moral of this, everyone will not "get it". You either get it, want it and make it. I know I don't have all of the answers yet, but so far, I have changed my mindset, realizing that there is life besides the slowlane and sidewalk lane. I have written out my plan, sought information and plan to take a couple of non-credit courses in web programming. As a single mother with two teens and NO help at all, this book literally has saved me from the endurance of horrible bosses. And yet another generation of "nothing to show for 30-40 years of working as an employee".

I am going to reread the book as someone suggested one should study the book. I have executed an idea that I have had for an app that targets single mothers. I have a few others that are in design mode for now. I will keep everyone posted! Thanks again MJ!

Jada

PS-As for my friend, I have to keep him at a distance unless he changes his mindset and gets on the ball...

DuPont

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2011
I have not only read the book but I have encouraged all my clients to buy a copy as well. The one feature that I really took away from the book was to become a Producer verse being a consumer.

This should be ranked as one of the best business books of the year.

Stay Creative!!!

Gary

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
red the book a friend recomended it, remember beeing a little sceptic ( thinking get rich scheeme book type) but i gave it a read and it gave the book a spoot in the top of business books i heard about out there.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
Read the book (finished yesterday).

I was a little skeptical at first, because the forum yielded probably may 5star reviews on amazon, so I was a little skeptical that it woul dbe good, or just a book with 100 5* on Amazon, all coming from people on this forum.

I must say the book is quite good. It's probably the kick in the butt that some people need to put even more effort sin our projects. In my case, I had already two projects going on, and the book helped make sure that it had the correct aim, and to see what could be done to make sur eit would be fastlane.

great book MJ!

Regards,

ThunderbirdMike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 24, 2011
Bend, Oregon - USA
Boom. read it

MJ,

I read the book last night, and have sinced followed you on facebook.

I'm not recommending your book to other people unsolicited yet, I plan on waiting until they ask me for some of the secrets of my lifestyle, in the fastlane!

I'm sure you can relate.

Thanks again,

mike

janno

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 26, 2011
NYC, USA
I just finished the Kindle version of the book today. Thank you, MJ! This is one of the best books I have ever read, very inspiring. Almost feels like I shouldn't recommend this book to anyone, because otherwise the fastlane may get too crowded! ;) But then again, I agree that many people already know what to do - they are just unable to execute.

OK, I'm gonna continue working on my project now.

Best regards,
Janno from Estonia

YgorDon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2011
Ljubljana
I´ve read the book too. It opened a completely new world to me, definitly a milestone book for me, got to it just when I needed it most! Now I have made notes from the book and glued them to the wall, so can I look at them often and think about it all. I have already started to create a product which could be my first step to the fastlane!

davidstorm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2011
Ohio
I really appreciate the Millionaire Fastlane . It solidified some of the thoughts I was having, and helped me develop some new ideas and get a new perspective on both wealth and work. I grew up believing that money was difficult to earn, and that the secret to getting rich was going to college, working hard for a company, and then, if you were lucky, you were "rich" when you retired (by "rich" I mean something a lot less than a million dollars).

I graduated from college and graduate school, and got a job making less than most high school grads earn. Then I finally found a job in my field and was still struggling financially. My dream life is not working my a$$ off for some company so I can eek out a 2% raise each year, all the while giving some other entity my best time and ideas. I also found myself taking on side jobs just to live comfortably. Fortunately, thanks to Millionaire Fastlane and some other books (and some great mentors and discussions) I am now on the Fastlane. Below are a few insights I got from the book (among many more!)

- College is no guarantee of success. In fact, since incomes have been stagnant on average over the last 10 years, and college costs have soared, college is becoming a bad investment for a lot of people.

- Most Americans are indentured servants. Working 50 hours a week, for 50 weeks a year, just so you can buy a bunch of crap you will never have time to enjoy is not the life for me. I think the homeless guy who talks to himself on the street is more sane than that.

- The stock market, mutual funds, etc, are okay, but won't make you rich.

- You have to take a producer mentality, not a consumer mentality. Every time I see some teen wearing an overpriced Hollister T-Shirt I have to laugh, because that poor sucker (or his parents) just made Hollister richer by paying them for the privilege of building Hollister's brand.

- Time is money. My wife recently broke a flower pot, and was going spend 2 hours repairing it. I threw it in the trash right there, and told her to spend that same time earning enough money to buy 50 flower pots. She was a little taken aback, but it made my point about valuing time.

I consider this book an important investment, and recommend it to anybody who wants to make money. Since most people are unaware, I am guessing it takes a special person to enter the fast lane, nonetheless, I think it is important to at least tell people about the way to make money correctly. My business bought my brother and my other partners a copy. I also bought my wife a copy on Kindle. Thanks MJ!

Last edited:

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
MJ - thank you once again. I just received signed copy of your book (guys - in case you're wondering - yeah, he really signes his book with your name!)

my girlfried saw this books, so she's asking:

- is this the guy from photos with lambo you showed me on Facebook?
- yeah, the same guy
- and he signed this book with your name?
- well, you know, I'm kinda famous...

Thanks MJ :)

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Just finished the book! The most encouraging part of it all was confirming most of what I already suspected. I don't know why I've taken the advice of people that have never even tried the fastlane approach...I guess peer pressure can be stronger than I thought.

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
Honestly: I didn't know what the word "entrepreneur" means until I've read MJ DeMarco's book. I had to look it up in the dictionary. The Millionaire Fastlane was for me like a gate opening to the world of entrepreneurship, and I think one can say it's quite a huge gate.

The Ideas from The Millionaire Fastlane do not only apply to successful businesses, but also to life in general. Some passages were for me like a kick in the butt. "Do it NOW!" for example. One can really sense that the author has read A LOT on this topic. He took out what worked and added some prooundly new ideas himself.

I highly recommend this book to anybody interested in breaking out of the social conditioning of the slowlane.

Danny

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
I finished reading the book the other night -- thank you MJ for signing it :)

No doubt I'll be referencing the book many more times as I work on moving my life into the FASTLANE. I'm absolutely done with living in the SLOWLANE. Thank you MJ for providing the framework!

toolleather

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 29, 2011
MJ,
Thanks for the book. This a real eye opener and kick in the pants for anyone who hates their "job" and wants to get more out of life. Stop following the lies you've been told to believe like go to school get a "good job", save your money for a rainy day. Well folks, The rainy day is now, put your umbrella up and and just be ready to kick it to the curb, when the sun comes out so you can shine on others like MJ has done with this wonderful book.

BeautyP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 29, 2011
Germany
Hi there!

One of the best books I ever read... The first part is a bit hard to read, also if it brings the Slowlaners and Sidewalkers on the point, but you know - its too familiar!

Second part great because it not only describes that there is exisiting another world, but also HOW TO ENTER it!

Thank you very much, I enjoyed and am sure, I read it not only once!

maw923

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2011
RI, Currently in Afghanistan
Before coming to Afghanistan as a contractor making good money for someone my age. I hadn't read a book since grade school. Since I've been over here I have had alot of time to think. Now coming over here working 60 hours a week (not doing much) but getting paid 4 times what i would in the states. I thought i was ahead of the game. The Millionaire Fastlane was a straight slap in the face. I never did understand why so many people saved money all there lives only to have a few years to spend it frugally. Reading that book MJ "Hit the nail on the head." His philosophies on the three paths to choose from are real. I myself was a sidewalker till i was 22. And a slowlaner up until i read this book.

I want to say congradulations to him on all of his success. I'm glad he's making more money off his book. I have been showing a few people over here at work and trying to plant these ideas in their heads. But for most of them it's too late. In my office, I am the youngest by atleast 5 years. Many of them are set in there ways, and think I'm just a dreamer.

I am a Dreamer, I am damn proud of that fact! Once you stop dreaming and start settling, is when you stop living and start dying. I know this because I was starting to settle. I was starting to believe the lie, that all my professors, teachers, friends and family were saying. After all, I figured the odds of me making the kind of self sustaining money MJ is talking about was equal to winning the lottery. Now that i know the truth, I'm going to fight for that goal.

I will be that one of seven. I will post it on this site as a success story. I thank MJ for being honest with people who are now reading the book because in all truth they are now going to be his competitors. This is a big risk for him in one way. But in another, it's making him as I write this. WIN/WIN

Thank you Mr DeMARCO for the inspiration and most of all for speaking the truth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.