The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

misc

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2011
What took you long to decide and what were you doing over last six months after reading the book?!? :D

I hope all is good for you! Welcome. I'm new to here too.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I just finished the book, a friend let me borrow it. I will deff be picking up a copy for myself though. I can't thank MJ enough for changing my thinking. I know think it terms of large scale instead of small, effect millions make millions!!

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Loved the book MJ! I read it on my iphone everywhere in 5 days! I've also ordered a hard copy which arrived last week. The principles are awesome and definitely a kick up the bum! I see my business and other opportunities from a different perspective now.

Thanks for that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SIlver911r

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2011
Hawaii, Oahu
I read the book and really appreciate how much detail was given to each topic. One of the guys that ranked the book 3 stars on amazon.com said it was too long, I disagree. Even with the excellent coverage I still feel stuck and don't know what to do. I have always known working and 401k's were not the way to my dreams, but I feel like I'm that guy that always fails. I started about 8 business while in the military and failed at each one. I did online sales, affiliate marketing, videography, investment planning (haha I know go figure it would fail), get out of debt website tied to credit card offers (oh, I felt like an a$$), landscaping with a buddy, small car dealership with a buddy, and some other small ones. I promised myself once I got out of the military I would make it happen. A year later I have a JOB making 75k a year, not only trading my hours, but risking my life. I work on antennas, I'm the guy hanging off the side at 1500', always one slip from my wife getting life insurance. I get radiated with RF all day long and who really knows what that does to me. I work with hazardous chemicals too. I must just not be that smart of a guy, because I'm not closer to financial freedom than I was 10 years ago. Everything I saved I spent paying my mortgage while looking for a job. My dad actually earned over a million a year as managing partner for several car dealerships and he died at 52, while I was fighting in Afghanistan. Work is all I know, and its killing me. I wish he had been the guy to tell me what this book said, but then I always remember he did what he knew how, and worked. I'm going to use this book, along with help and knowledge from these forum members, I hope to drive a lambo or at least a corvette ZR1, but I don't want to settle for a civic anymore (its a hybrid, used).

BigMike

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 30, 2011
Just finished the book and it was awesome. I’m really excited to get started but I am still looking for an entrepreneurial avenue to pursue. My background is in health care. I am a registered respiratory therapist and I work with pediatrics. I was thinking of writing a book on asthma management but realized that there is too much legal red tape for someone that doesn’t have a MD attached to their last name to be dispensing medical advice. Now I am stuck trying to figure out what I should do next. The huge advantage I have is time. I work 12 hour shifts (most of which downtime), and I have 8 days off in a 2 weeks off a pay period. Inspired by you advice to “educated yourself”, I’ve picked up book on various subjects from digital photography to android app creator. I am wondering if I should be picking up books on generalized investing first or should I look for books that can teach me a new skill?

jwsoundguy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 19, 2011
Cannot put this book down! Thank you, MJ, for clearing out the mindset that I was trained to believe. I have an idea, but my brain is now thinking of ideas all over the place and I need to focus on one to get moving forward. Hoping to post a question soon to get some feedback on an idea with my fellow fastlaners!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I've read the book! I couldn't put the book down because the first part of this book reminded me of myself, almost to a tee. Hopefully I can look back in a few years and rest of the book will remind me of myself as well. There are so many dimensions to this book, it's amazing! Thank you!

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
The Millionaire Fastlane is the holy grail of books! I read the book and then quickly purchased two more copies to give to friends trapped in the corporate rat race! If you haven't read the book take the time and the small cost and buy it and read it and transform your mind and future! This book has more useful golden nuggets than a gold mine and more wisdom than Yoda! Thanks MJ you rock!

CadillacLAdy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 1, 2011
Maryland
I'm finishing up the book tonight and I must say it's been a challenge to divert my attention to anything else because I simply can't put the book down! I love the candor and what you say about impacting millions! That was an "ah hah" moment for me as well as how you drilled in on meeting the need of the people instead of following a passion. Luckily I am not tied to any particular passion so I just feel inspired beyond belief to find a problem and solve it! I am not thinking nationally, but globally as you mentioned in your book. Every word on every page just made perfect sense and I appreciate what you're doing.

hashem shtewi

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 28, 2011
Just finished 70% , i have an exam tomorrow , i will finish it after the exam , and i can tell you , it is fantastic book , i have got it by chance while i was searching for a book that can help me in internet business , when i have began to read it i realised that this book give me great push and motivation to continue in that way of thinking
sorry about my english :D
and thank you very much

Brad Huntsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 27, 2011
Read it and loved it. I'm recommending it to only the people I like (because it has the ability to change their lives for the better). The people I don't like, they get a recommendation for David Bach

Keith Craigo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 4, 2011
California
I just finished the last chapter of your book this morning.

For years I've worked in Corporate America designing and building web applications to help my employer either create revenue or to improve their workflow. Sure I get a bonus check or a pat on the back every once in a while but nothing equal to the time spent on a project. Sometimes till late in the evening and weekends.

I make a decent salary but have struggled at times, and wish to make a better life for my wife and I.
I've always thought there's got to be a better way, there has to be a way to make my ideas work to my advantage opposed to making someone else rich off my efforts. I have technical confidence but I lack a lot of business confidence. I've bought into MLMs and other BS ventures before so I admit, I approached your book with a lot of skepticism at first but I soon realized it was not the same. It's refreshing to have someone give it to you straight and without the BS.

As I was reading your book, I realized that a friend of mine, who is a multimillionaire, has been saying a lot of what you've written about for years, not as detailed as your book though. That's when the light came on.

Thank you for writing this book. It has inspired me to at least take that first step.
It's a great reference to consult on my journey.

Keith

wendiewill

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 5, 2011
Denver, CO
Just read the book. What an inspiring read! I feel more motivated now than ever to act on a feeling I've had now for some time. Some of the chapters should be required reading for the 20-somethings of today. It's not about what you deserve - but rather about what you're willing to work to get. We're so lucky to live in a world where opportunity really does abound if we're willing to grab it. I'm ready. Thanks for sharing inspiring thoughts and helping so many feel that achieving our dreams is actually possible. I can't wait to see what happens over the next year.

crockbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 5, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Read it. Loved it. It will help me, and I am also buying copies to give to some friends and family with an entrepreneurial mindset. This book is a lot easier to relate to than other business books.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
I finished reading the book yesterday.
I will definately be recommending the millionaire fastlane to others.

I have read quite a few financial books in my life,but this is by far the most motivational. You were not just selling a concept, but instituted a belief that i can do this.

I have always been motivated before but now im on a quest. Will be putting it all into action because an idea without execution is, in my mind, worthless.

Thanks again MJ DeMarco

SirKonstantine

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 10, 2011
good book

OK MJ, finished your book the other week. Everything was good except the section about how you didn't have sex with that chick.

Hyppychick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 21, 2011
west side of Atlanta, GA
Just finished the book and it has completely blown my mind.

My dad spent 40 years at a job he hated, putting every dime he could scrape up into his 401K only to die 6 months after retiring. And then, to add insult to injury, an attorney mistake prevented me, his only child and heir, from being able to get his retirement funds put into my name. So it was all in vain.

I will NOT live the same way. And I will not teach my two young children that the Slowlane is safe and something to be desired.

Wendy303

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 6, 2011
Hi from another Wendy in Denver :) Loved the book, am re-reading it again while I figure out what the heck I want to do!

tigerbite84

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 6, 2011
Very good book, I'm almost done with it. Fresh ideas, I also don't believe in the idea of getting rich by being a penny pincher! Thank you!

puroz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 6, 2011
Just finished it. Very cool and different from the other books out there. I love the little rips on the 4hr. Made me laugh a few times.

mweave4

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Just finished the book less than 15 minutes ago! Awesome book. Look forward to applying what I've learned and learning even more on this forum....

liberty

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2011
Read the book weeks ago.. Just now saw this thread.

Amazing book, it's set me on my path to true wealth.

Thanks so much. You wrote this book to yourself when you were 20.. I'm 20 now, and really.. REALLY needed this. Before this, I had been floundering around trying to follow the 4howahwerkweaks advice. It sucked.

imstooopid

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 8, 2011
Good Morning!

This is my first post. I thank you Mr MJ DeMarco for your book. I read all 341 pages of my e-book with excitement and am now in the 'process' stage working towards my 'event' ;o)

Joined this forum to meet like minded people and to help me along the path. Take care and thank you again!

Sincerely,
Imstooopid

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.