The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

adnanzia1

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2011
I have not read the book, but my initial guess is, .... it is about "Copywriting" Direct Marketing" i think so????
slant of Michael Masterson

JSullivan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2011
Literally JUST finished the book.

Instant. F*cking. Classic.

Thanks!

Iria

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2011
Italy
I finished reading the book more than a month ago thanks to my boyfriend who lent it to me. It was truly more than I expected (I was fooled by the cover, I really thought this was a despicable "get rich EASY" book at first.. but I think you are already aware of the cover issue :p)
I forgot to post here at the time so I'd like to say it now: thanks for writing such a great book MJ, you really are an inspiration to us :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Just finished reading the book, started last week and couldn't put it down.

I'm new to the forum, the book was recommended to me so I got it on the Kindle and then found the forum. Lots of good stuff. Yesterday I created a WADM to consider staying in the DC area or moving.

Lots of advanced thinking around choice and accountability, made me think of the Landmark Forum some. I also particularly liked the comment about having the Lambo before the book. I doubt that Rich Dad Poor Dad's RK was the same.

Thanks for the read MJ, what's next?

00N8

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
I keep re-reading this book. I don't do that with many books.

I am already looking forward to a second Fastlane book! No pressure, LOL.

HAHAHAH good suggestion :) I'll add it to my calendar to buy in, what, 2015? ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Loved the book, read it in a couple sittings.

Awesome, I know it is a little too long.

I keep re-reading this book. I don't do that with many books.

You BLOW my MIND.
I'll IMPACT MILLIONS. Thanks for the WISDOM. It fuels my DREAMS. God bless.

Just finished reading the book, started last week and couldn't put it down.

Mission accomplished. Thanks!

Thanks for the read MJ, what's next?

That is a decision Ill probably make toward the end of the year. On a similar note, if I have a 2nd book I already have the title picked out. =)

thanks for writing such a great book MJ, you really are an inspiration to us

Aw, appreciate that.

Instant. F*cking. Classic.

Sometimes the best reviews are the shortest. Thanks!

I have not read the book, but my initial guess is, .... it is about "Copywriting" Direct Marketing" i think so????
slant of Michael Masterson

Fail X 2.

Just finished! Definitely feel like I've really got my head in the game now. Thanks, MJ!

=)

before I read the book I was one of the 4 Hour Work Week crowd.

Some similarities in the content/theme, but way apart on means.

I should say that i was a Eye opener

Great book, a real eye opener

Thank you.

But you REALLY exceeded my expectations! What I love most about it is that you get to the one question that I think is most important: "What makes us really happy?" And I totally agree with you, that it has to do with the three Fs, Friends (relationships), Fitness (health) and Freedom (Independence). Money can be a wonderful tool to nurture happiness and therefore should be a means, not an end.

I think that "happiness" should be the premeir ingredient in any "get rich" book - there are a lot of "rich" people who are miserable.

I am almost through with the book---and I absolutely love it!

Not only have I read the book, twice, but I've also mindmapped it, and keep it at my desk at all times. I love it. It's changed my entire perception of wealth/business building/mindset and attitude.

:tiphat:

I believe the contents of the book should be etched into gold.

Perhaps that will be a good start when I change the cover.

He said that someone paid people for the reviews. Later he admitted he was wrong for judging it as many people were backing the book up. I even saw MJ had a post in there. Just goes to show how good the book really is, now it has over 100 5 star reviews on amazon.

Ha, I remember that ... =)

There were many moments in which my own conclusions were validated, but also many more moments of enlightenment and inspiration. I spent an entire day going through the book again, writing down notes of the most important points. My notes are over 30 pages long!

This book has indescribable value to me.

I have read the book twice over 6 months ago! Great book.

Just finished...great motivation...funny how quickly your focus shifts to "producer" mode when thinking about everyday things and seeing scale opportunities everywhere.

Thanks!

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
A really great read that will challenge a lot of your long held beliefs about what it takes to really get wealthy. A tell it like it truly is, how to book - MJ does not pull any punches. Not only will you learn about wealth, you will learn a lot of life lessons. MJ teaches you about choices, taking responsibility and not making excuses. You will want to keep it handy and refer to it often.

For a much deeper discussion, see my review on Amazon.com.

Here is a link
Amazon.com: John Chancellor "Mentor coach, www.teachthesoul.com"'s review of The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code t...

RichD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
Read it.

A lot of things MJ went thru and thought were exactly the same as me. I strove in the corporate world and rose pretty fast only to find that I hated it and the notion of having to be 60 before I was allowed to "be free" pissed me off.

More folks need to know this type of info.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Read the book and loved it. I had about 60% already figured out, but you crystallised it for me. Without you I probably would have taken many more years to piece it together or would never have. Are the "read it" icons still available? If so, I'd very much like to kindly ask for one. Thanks! :)

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe

Just to stir some controversy: "where are you going to find the willing employees if let's say all people know of this?"

But seriously, there will always be the majority who cannot or will not operate businesses for the exchange of a steady check. Most people are avers to risk (even if it's calculated). I sometimes think people like us were the explorers of the dawn of man, while most were simply cowering to survive. Sure we got eaten and killed more often, but without people like that, human beings would not have become the most successful spices on earth.

GatlinDryer

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2011
Houston, Tx
Got the book three weeks ago and im half way through my second read. So incredibly lucky to have found this book as a teenager, im putting my plans into action as soon as possible. Thank you MJ

MattX68

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 7, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Just Finished

An excellent read for young people who wish to live their lives to the fullest without being slave to the 9-5 grind !

krbb91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 23, 2011
Impact Millions and more! Took me about a week to finish between work and school. It is a book that I will surely keep by my side to review and reread while on my Fastlane journey/lifestyle. Thanks for sharing MJ!

divinrob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 24, 2011
Gulf Coast of Alabama
I read the book and got a lot out of it! I actually finished it much faster than I thought I would because I was so interested I could not take my nose out of it, and I loved the concise chapters. Many of the points made in The Millionaire Fastlane reminded me of a much shorter book I read 15 years ago by Dan Kennedy called The Ultimate Success Secret, which was a much shorter book with less detail but some of the core concepts were the same. Some of the most impactful pieces of information I got from TMF were the five business seedlings, the law of effection, and effection of scale vs. effection of magnitude. Overall it was an empowering and educational read. I'm starting over at 37 and feel like I've thrown away a decade since I was a 27 year old entrepreneur and this book was a huge motivator!

startek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 4, 2011
Read the book at break-neck speed the first time. Now I'm going back and taking it all in. Only one other business (lifestyle change?) book has ever spoken to me as yours did and that was "Liberation Management" by Tom Peters. Great job. Looking forward to learning a lot from you and this forum.

Jim Good

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 9, 2011
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice. The first time I read it straight through and the second time I took the time to take notes, highlight important information, and Googled several of Mr. DeMarco's suggestions. My complete outlook on the game is changed. I recently put my ideas into action and want to chronicle them through here. My goal is to be one of MJ's success stories that he can reference and say "See! It works!"

callmelucid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 27, 2009
Brentwood, California, United States
just finished reading the kindle version. the book was pretty amazing and thought provoking. it is laid out simply and tears down a lot of the "motivational" type BS that the gurus push. i was really able to distinguish the wrongs i do from the rights i do and now i can focus all my energy (and money!) to driving down the fastlane

thanks MJ!

~Patrick

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A really great read that will challenge a lot of your long held beliefs about what it takes to really get wealthy. A tell it like it truly is, how to book - MJ does not pull any punches.

Read it. Reading it again

A lot of things MJ went thru and thought were exactly the same as me. I strove in the corporate world and rose pretty fast only to find that I hated it and the notion of having to be 60 before I was allowed to "be free" pissed me off.

Read the book and loved it. I had about 60% already figured out, but you crystallised it for me.

Got the book three weeks ago and im half way through my second read.

Great book.

An excellent read for young people who wish to live their lives to the fullest without being slave to the 9-5 grind !

Took me about a week to finish between work and school. It is a book that I will surely keep by my side to review and reread while on my Fastlane journey/lifestyle. Thanks for sharing MJ!

I read the book and got a lot out of it! I actually finished it much faster than I thought I would because I was so interested I could not take my nose out of it, and I loved the concise chapters.

the book was pretty amazing and thought provoking.

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice. The first time I read it straight through and the second time I took the time to take notes, highlight important information, and Googled several of Mr. DeMarco's suggestions. My complete outlook on the game is changed.

Read the book at break-neck speed the first time. Now I'm going back and taking it all in.

Thanks guys, appreciate the positive feedback - Icon added (which at some point will mean something just beyond the additional PM space.)

Are any "I have read the book" logos forthcoming on our accounts, or was this only done in the early days?

I add the icons once a week.

PrincessK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 19, 2009
I have read the book also suggested to mastermind partner in Cali he read as well !! Signed up as an amazon affiliate because I believe in this information so much everyone should have it . Will do a review tommorow and suggest to my bookclub as well as continue to visit the forum to share what I have learned and implement new strategies MJ put his heart n soul into this and u can feel it

When 1 is healed all are healed !

Karmen

linguini

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 20, 2011
Really good book read it the first time in a day and have been going back and re reading chapters when I have a chance.

uwbadger1984

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 13, 2011
Hi MJ, Excellent Book! I have been seeking a new phase of my life after 25 years in the insurance business. I am blessed to have a lot of freedom with my time and have been looking at internet opportunities. Finding your book couldn't have been more timely. Your book is fresh and honest and so full of valuable wisdom that I couldn't put my highlighter down. I just bought another copy for my son.

PS. Love Arizona :) (may have something to do with our Wisconsin winters)

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Read the book.

Great read and finally a good book on business that is not trying to upsell some random services...

Shade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 16, 2011
England
Hey, I've read the book, thanks a lot for writing it, I've learned a lot from it and still learning a lot from the community you have created here, thanks alot!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.