The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SammyGlick

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Dec 15, 2017
London
First read it three years ago and promptly failed to apply any of the lessons. Re-read it this year and have built a modestly successful SAAS business. Thanks MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kjbinatl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I finished reading MFL last week and moved to reading Unscripted . I read during lunch and in the evenings when I start to lose my edge.

When I was growing up my Dad was into everything. He was poor growing up and started his own lawn care business. He saved up for college and joined the Air Force shortly after (Vietnam era). He retired at almost exactly 20 years to set a recurring income, started a construction company while working as a management consultant. He built our house, put me through engineering school, once started a teen club in Illinois; the list goes on and on.

Reading MFL and snapping out of the Script for a moment has reminded me of the respect I have for him.

Here is the important part for everyone. 17 years ago he was working for a management consulting company and had a stroke sitting at his desk. It was the end of the business day. He was a personable guy, which was good because someone noticed he didn't respond when they said bye to him. The stroke almost killed him, and left him permanently paralyzed on half his body. He passed away in January of this year.

17 years paralyzed from working too hard. High blood pressure.

If you're reading this, I have a favor to ask on behalf of my Dad. Stop for a moment and ask yourself, "Am I taking care of my health?". Remember that part of being wealthy is staying healthy. If you have high blood pressure get it under control NOW. Right now - schedule the Doctor appointment. If you have high cholesterol, same thing. Find a way to break the bad diet.

My Dad understood what a normal life would not allow him to stop working. I'm with him on this now.

jms0717

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 31, 2017
San Angelo, TX
I finished reading MFL last week and moved to reading Unscripted . I read during lunch and in the evenings when I start to lose my edge.

When I was growing up my Dad was into everything. He was poor growing up and started his own lawn care business. He saved up for college and joined the Air Force shortly after (Vietnam era). He retired at almost exactly 20 years to set a recurring income, started a construction company while working as a management consultant. He built our house, put me through engineering school, once started a teen club in Illinois; the list goes on and on.

Reading MFL and snapping out of the Script for a moment has reminded me of the respect I have for him.

Here is the important part for everyone. 17 years ago he was working for a management consulting company and had a stroke sitting at his desk. It was the end of the business day. He was a personable guy, which was good because someone noticed he didn't respond when they said bye to him. The stroke almost killed him, and left him permanently paralyzed on half his body. He passed away in January of this year.

17 years paralyzed from working too hard. High blood pressure.

If you're reading this, I have a favor to ask on behalf of my Dad. Stop for a moment and ask yourself, "Am I taking care of my health?". Remember that part of being wealthy is staying healthy. If you have high blood pressure get it under control NOW. Right now - schedule the Doctor appointment. If you have high cholesterol, same thing. Find a way to break the bad diet.

My Dad understood what a normal life would not allow him to stop working. I'm with him on this now.
I second this advice. My dad bought the family farm and worked it and at a machine shop. He always dreamed of being an entrepreneur but none of his ideas ever really took off. When I was 12 and he was 50, he had a stroke and then a series of a few more over the next few days that led to his death less than a week later. I went through my teenage years and the rest of my life without a dad because making money was more important to him than his health. I also didn't get to spend much time with him when he was alive because he either worked the shift when I came home from school or overnights and slept all day. That's the reason when my daughter was born I got my shit together to work on my mental and physical health as well as money and making a relationship with her.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Read the book!! definetly worth the read, there's some pages that i've kept bookmarked (the NESCT and the decision matrix to be exact). I'm thankful for your work MJ. planning on showing my friends this book as well.

Chico

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2017
Brazil
Read TMF 6 months ago. This book blew my mind. It's honestly impossible to view the world the same way after you read TMF and Unscripted . TMF gave me clarity about what kind of business you need to build if you want to reach freedom and how you can truly address the market when having ideas (no ME,ME,ME mindset).

You might ask why I only joined the forum after all these months. The SCRIPT is really strong and I kept trying to find a corporate job in management consulting here in Brazil. After several unsuccessful interviews, some action-fake partnership with a friend, lots of mental masturbation and some serious thoughts, I decided something had to change and read Unscripted . This book was the ultimate red pill... but that's for another thread.

I've been reading this forum for the last month and decided it's time to start posting and adding some value here. So many amazing folks in this place!

I wish TMF had a physical brazilian-portuguese version so I could gift it to friends. So many people need to read it... guess that's a huge NEED haha ;)

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
I second this advice. My dad bought the family farm and worked it and at a machine shop. He always dreamed of being an entrepreneur but none of his ideas ever really took off. When I was 12 and he was 50, he had a stroke and then a series of a few more over the next few days that led to his death less than a week later. I went through my teenage years and the rest of my life without a dad because making money was more important to him than his health. I also didn't get to spend much time with him when he was alive because he either worked the shift when I came home from school or overnights and slept all day. That's the reason when my daughter was born I got my shit together to work on my mental and physical health as well as money and making a relationship with her.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi jms, I think it's great that you learned a positive lesson about health. I smoked for a long time but I finally got the message that it's not worth the risk. Hopefully you'll be dancing at your daughter's wedding. Greg

SouthernCharm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 28, 2017
North Carolina
Listened to the audiobook versions of both The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted . Thanks for making audio versions MJ - I'm sure there are a ton of people like me who struggle to find time during the week to sit down and read, but have plenty of time that would be otherwise wasted if it wasn't for audiobooks and podcasts.

I mostly listened in the car while on the way to work and funnily enough, it got me pumped to start the workday...so I could finish early and get started on my escape from the SL.

Rafał Lizak

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Dec 20, 2017
Poland
Read a book. . Demarco, I am sure that thanks to you I will be rich, but I do not know how to implement my plan ... I plan to create a website. Is anyone here to help me with this?

Last edited:

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hi jms, I think it's great that you learned a positive lesson about health. I smoked for a long time but I finally got the message that it's not worth the risk. Hopefully you'll be dancing at your daughter's wedding. Greg
Hi again JMS, I'm thinking about moving somewhere warm where it's dynamic. What's it like where you live? Greg

Ity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 10, 2017
Tel-Aviv
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
====================================================================================

Hi!
Read the book.
Love it.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
MJ, I've read your both books and recommended them to several people. Thank you for the audiobook versions as well, this makes it much easier to start reading and also re-read.

Kriso

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2017
Poland
I have read the whole book and I must admit that this is one of the best (or maybe even the best) business books I have ever read!

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015
Before I read The Millionaire Fastlane a few years ago, I read books like crazy. I would average between 50-100+ books per year. When I read TMF , I stopped reading entirely and couldn't pick up another book for months. It's a true story. I really felt as though MJ said it all. There was nothing left for me to read as my next step was to DO. It's taken me some time, but I'm finally facing up to this future.

greenGabbard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 13, 2017
Fresno, Ca
I finished reading/listening to the book the other day and immediately quit smoking and now to quit my job. No longer the slave to their company but building my own. I am going to become an INSIDERS in a moment and get into the real meat of life "The Grind" building my business. Thank you MJ for your book your time, effort and passion put into this piece of work.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
I just completed my second read of The Millionaire Fastlane after reading Unscripted .

The main thing that is important for me was being able to visualize the long-term goals better.

Being in the slow lane my whole life actually killed a lot of my enthusiasm. I didn't recognize it until I struggled coming up with what I wanted to do. I couldn't nail any specifics. So, I tried other things. I tried relationships. I tried switching jobs. I tried buying nice things that I could afford (in the sense that I am still in the black and own more than I owe).

Each one of those things satisfied me temporarily, but I still had to return to the grind.

Now I'm coming up with specifics that will drive me further. Value I can add. A road to follow.

Thank you so much for these books.

Thomas Tri-Ty

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Dec 23, 2017
Woodbridge Virginia
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ
I have read Millionaire Fast Lane and Unscripted (Audible and Paperback), and suggested to 7 other entrepreneurs. I look forward to learning and helping.

Salim Mitri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 31, 2017
Northern California

Thanks, MJ

I've read the book, great inspiration!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!