The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

JrB

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 31, 2020
Eastern Europe
Great combination MJ!
A book from someone already living the FastLane life reads much different.
I wonder if it has the potential to grow into full fiction one day?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Ronin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 18, 2019
Coastal Alabama
I read it when it was first released, but it's about time to go through it again. FANTASTIC book MJ!

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Amazing book, tbh I dun like the Millionaire Fast Lane. I like the way how Unscripted 1,2 books dig deeper into the LIFE advice. It is very useful and timeless wisdom for young people like me who are in 20s. Great Job MJ, you are the one who making huge impact of a lot of people.

If I nvr read your books, I might be stuck at the rat race. All thanks to you, I woke up with Red Pills. It is the same when Morpheus bring red pills to Neo.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
I just finished the audiobook today.

I loved the progression through their story to feel a connection to the material and to make their process and pivots feel so natural. Intertwining that and the parallel tracks of MJ's lessons was a great approach.

I had started with the kindle version but was failing to find enough reading time so I picked up the audible version too.

I'll pick up the printed version for my next pass through. I have lots of notes in my TMF and Unscripted copies.

Thanks for the great read.

hamza_r

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 17, 2021
Started reading this book as soon as it came out. The wait was so worth it...

Love all that you do for us MJ. I will be reading this a second time too since its been a while

Emavee

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 24, 2021
Hello everyone, I am Italian, I bought the book in English, thanks MJ for yet another pearl :)

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Just finished this evening. It was a good book.

I like how you brought back the "Key Concepts" at the end of each chapter with this book.

EMH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 27, 2021
New York City
Just finished the audio book version!

Wow, it was simply awesome. Life changing gold! Thank you for putting this together MJ, my motivation and fire has never been more intense. Must escape the dreaded Rat Race completely, and that starts NOW!

Diego Liu

Don't worry, NOBODY CARES
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Apr 23, 2020
Taiwan
Love this book. This is one of the only 3 books I’ve had trouble putting down of the dozens I’ve read in 2021.

The concept of “How you do something meaningless is how you do something meaningful” particularly hits me hard. Learning and internalizing this lesson alone is worth paying 10x what this book costs.

Thank you, MJ!

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Ive read the great rat race escape as the second book, my first was fast lane millionare and i've just started unscripted . Very good books that get you thinking.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love this book. This is one of the only 3 books I’ve had trouble putting down of the dozens I’ve read in 2021.

Beautiful words that every author wants to hear. Thank you.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I've finished reading The Great Rat Race Escape . Definitely a good book. Loved how MJ incorporated Strategies and Principles with a fictional story. It all fits perfectly.

There are even some principles that got me thinking about my life and the individuals who I socialize with even some family members.

Took me a few weeks to finish, but loved this one. Now I need to read the first Unscripted book.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i too have finished this book, in one sitting! Thats a first, such an engaging easy read. just next time if you do decide to write something else @MJ DeMarco just dont bring up starbucks again! LOL we know that you despise that joint lol

i will be gifting this book to many norwegains, swedes, danes etc people in the younger generation that want to ESCAPE as good times wont last all too often (unless you are in norway lol)

thanks MJ go take a breather now!

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I read it twice. Third time through in the near future. The non-fiction part is very well done. It feels like concepts become more concise and better articulated with each successive book. The fiction part is a super unique & a very value-skewing addition to a business book. Really enjoyed this one.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Read it back in July at a beautiful spot in Bacalar, the lagoon in the background.
Got the Audible version for my best friend and my girlfriend.
Reading through it a 2nd time slower, taking notes.

I'm glad that you decided to break the rules with this one MJ. Bravo! :clap::

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
just dont bring up starbucks again! LOL we know that you despise that joint lol

I don't understand, why should I avoid Starbucks? I don't think it was mentioned often in the book.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
just dont bring up starbucks again! LOL we know that you despise that joint
MJ doesn't seem to hate Starbucks.

He hates that financial "gurus" tell people to stop going to Starbucks and put that $5 that you could've spent on coffee in a low cost S&P 500 Index fund so in 40 years it will be worth $50.

I hate Starbucks not because their $5 coffee is robbing me of my FIRE fantasy. I hate them because of their "progressive" bullshit.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I don't understand, why should I avoid Starbucks? I don't think it was mentioned often in the book.
just a redundant theme in all your books. i think your avid fans know your rightful position about the idiotic gurus preaching cutting out strbucks will solve all our problems lol. thats all.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I got it as soon as it was released and enjoyed it immensely particularly the vegan venture as this is my area of interest in business.
On another level I enjoyed you tossing in historical and cultural analogies now and again.
You have built a pretty good sized body of original works and deserve all the success it brings, thanks for everything @MJ DeMarco

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i've read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE
finished the book. really good. your writing has leveled up!
lot of good lessons and specifics. the fiction really hooks you.
you get any negative feedback on the start? me and the GF were both like, damn. that's depressing. maybe i should read something else? i powered through. she is just starting the book.
not gonna lie, last few snips of jeff and sam story made me cry a little.
it's what rachel and i are doing right now. looking to build 2 businesses.
good inspirations for us to tighten up the finances and fund the companies.
good stuff! proud of you!
will send a few out for people that need to hear the message.
will get my autographed copy one of these days too!

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
Read this one. Like this one the most and started my own book following the structure, I have wrote 23 chapters so far. Though they need some editing. :) More ideas pop'd up for me as I wrote my own chapters.

gloriusubiquity

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 1, 2019
I read the book and also have the Audible version! It was interesting hearing how the narrator was trying to do Sam's voices in a slightly higher pitch. I liked how the fiction really made the concepts stick. Will be re-reading this from time to time as well!

tradista

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 8, 2021
Started to read it two days ago and couldn't put it down! I am in my late forties, in debt married with three kids and can relate totally with Jeff and Sam's journey. Wasted most of my life working my as* like a well behaved rat, ended up with nothing. I believe it's never too late to start over and even if I die trying, I'll want my kids to succeed in escaping the rat race! Thank you so much MJ for this precious knowledge.

Jonetegle

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 9, 2021
I've read Rat-Race Escape, and i really loved the book. Well, to be honest i never actually read it, but listened to it on audible. I really liked the two parallels in the book, especially the way the book was narrated, Scott Thomas narrating the story with the Trotman's, and MJ narrating the other parts.

I also got my girlfriend to read it too. Kinda makes me feel like we might start and end up like the Trotman's, but who knows, right?

Anyway, the book was great. Definitely will have to order a physical copy of the book and read it though.

jmgr

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 13, 2018

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Heard it (on audible). Brilliantly done. I love the process being told in a story and the lessons in between. Brilliant.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.