The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
I listened to the audiobook.

The fictional storyline added a lot to illustrating the concepts and kept me engaged. I also found a lot of parallels to my own experiences.

Vinw

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 19, 2023
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Just got done reading it yesterday and am reevaluating my 1-5-10. Great read, great info, and great refresher.

JonathonJonJ

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 25, 2023
Read the Rat Race (completed 1/5/24) MJ, you absolutely NAILED it again!! I can't wait for book #4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Autonomust

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 27, 2011
Northeast PA
I have read the book. Great book MJ.

After a crappy year of feeling empty and knowing deep down inside that there is more to life the just living for the weekend (and whatever else we get caught up in while in the rat race) I'm done with it all. This book awakened all of my true feelings and thoughts about how myself and others are currently living and it has me thinking deep and hard about how and why I need to get back into entreprenuership to increase my chances at reaching the kind of life that I should REALLY be living.
Not trying to sound all mushy and dramatic but this book will definitely be my fastlane journey bible that I take with me through my path to the life that I desire.

P.S. Thanks for all the logical facts and math in each chapter. It made me think and realize where I messed up in the past and what to do and not to do when going through the process this time around.

Last edited:

Sofiawicz

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 25, 2023
Read it too! Or rather, I listened to it on audible. Only negative: I did feel like the woman was given a 'stupid voice' at times, playing the dumb one. It might just be me but this is how I felt listening to it :)

MicV

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 11, 2024
I've read it! Has eternally changed my perspective on society and my future! Thank you MJ

JustinWills

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 12, 2024
Great book and an interesting take on the usual non-fiction self-help format.

ThePhoenix

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2024
Just finished The Great Rat-Race Escape. I feel like this book expanded on what was said in the previous two, with some new info and a story that greatly helps me consolidate everything that I've learned from it. Great book.

edit 2 days after finishing - I believe there is everything one needs to become an entrepreneur in this book, and I'm quite optimistic as I feel like I've ran out of things I could justify action-faking on. Normally I'd go on reading more books about various topics that interest me, but I think I've successfully solidified MJ's philosophy enough to actually act on everything I've learned so far from various sources. I'm excited about what I will be able to synthesize when I switch from passive mode to active mode. No more zero days.

Last edited:

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I just re-read the Great Rat-Race Escape, I really like the story telling mixed in with the lessons.

Patxiku

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2024
I have read the book, @MJ DeMarco !
I really like the balance between the story and the principles/strategies. It makes the conent easy to digest and the application is clear by Jeff and Sam's story and decisions.

Thank you so much!

SentinelBloc

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 18, 2024
Just joined the forum after having read The Great Rat Race Escape , and I have to say I will be recommending this book to others who are also interested in entrepreneurship and financial freedom. The implementation of fiction and non-fiction as well as additional info not found in the first Unscripted really provided an engaging experience. Thanks @MJ DeMarco

chantalandreas

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 18, 2024
Absolutely loved it on Audible! Bombed through the book in a few days. I'll be going back to review the tabbed key concepts of each chapter and writing out my 1/5/10 in my new NEV notebook ;) Thanks so much!

fallout

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 18, 2024

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I am deeply impressed by MJ's decision to incorporate the rejection of the inhumane animal industry into part of his storyline. I find this not only very likable, but also incredibly progressive. Besides that, I find this book is full of valuable business advice.

clewke

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 27, 2024

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Not only was this book extremely engaging, but after reading TMF and Unscripted , it does such a good job of illustrating some of the challenges that you'll likely come up against as an entrepreneur. Humbling to admit I've tried some of the ventures Jeff is initially interested in trying, but made the book all the more relatable and eye-opening for me.

bezelha

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 28, 2024
Jeśli czytasz WIELKĄ UCIECZKĘ WYŚCIGU SZCZURÓW, napisz tutaj!

Z radością ogłaszam, że moja kolejna pełnowymiarowa książka (444 strony, 16 godzin z dźwiękiem) jest już dostępna z datą premiery we wtorek 29 czerwca 2021 r .

- Audiobook audio
- Amazonka w miękkiej oprawie
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Jabłko
- Barnes and Noble

##### STRESZCZENIE

UNSCRIPTED - Wielka ucieczka od wyścigu szczurów: od niewolnictwa płacowego do bogactwa, jak rozpocząć działalność gospodarczą zorientowaną na cel i zyskać wolność finansową na całe życie
(Tak, naprawdę długo, ale udało mi się zabrać do pracy nad okładką!)

Wszystko wskazuje na to, że Jeff i Samantha Trotmanowie realizują amerykański sen. Ale za białym płotem przeżywają amerykański koszmar. Mając mało czasu dla siebie, stertę długów i gust Ferrari na budżecie Forda, zabija ich podstęp zamożności. Dwie szanowane posady i piękny dom na przedmieściach malują ładny obraz, ale za atramentem kryje się zepsute małżeństwo, pełne bezsensownej pracy i martwych marzeń. A teraz, w związku z nieplanowaną ciążą, dwadzieścia lat wcześniej stoją w obliczu kryzysu wieku średniego.

Mając mało czasu i grożące bankructwo, Trotmani zmuszeni są stawić czoła prawdzie o czerwonej pigułce, której od dawna zaprzeczali: żyli, ale nie żyli. Zdeterminowani, by wskrzesić swoje życie i małżeństwo, Trotmanowie planują ucieczkę przed wyścigiem szczurów – tylko po to, by jeszcze bardziej się w to wciągnąć.

Gdy napięcie rośnie, a nadzieja gaśnie, podążaj krok po kroku, gdy Trotmanowie obierają nową strategię i nową karierę: rozpoczynają działalność gospodarczą jako przedsiębiorcy.

Podczas ich podróży poznasz 120 strategii i zasad budowania bogactwa , których Twój guru finansów głównego nurtu nie odważy się ujawnić – praktycznych koncepcji, które pomogą Ci zyskać drogę do Unscripted 1%, wschodzącej klasy ekonomicznej przedsiębiorców, którzy ciesz się życiem wolnym od skąpego życia i paradygmatu Wall Street „ratuj, módl się i czekaj”. Odkryj, jak jedna rodzina wymyka się z wyścigu szczurów i zyskuje wolność finansową na całe życie, porzucając tyranię bezsensownej pracy i przeciętnego życia — i Ty też możesz to zrobić.

• Zasada złej matematyki: dlaczego większość ludzi nigdy nie ucieknie przed wyścigiem szczurów, a tym bardziej nie uzyska wolności finansowej.
  • Strategia 1/5/10: Jak to jedno proste ćwiczenie odkryje Twoje wymarzone życie, jednocześnie ustanawiając ramy decyzyjne dotyczące jego rzeczywistości
  • Zasada Honeypot: Dlaczego narracja mediów finansowych „inwestuje 100 dolarów miesięcznie przez 40 lat w fundusze indeksowane” jest częścią tego samego schematu wyścigu szczurów, a jedynie inną stroną tej samej sfałszowanej monety.
  • Strategia podwójnej zmiany: Dwie rozbieżne strony zmiany i to, jak może ona zapewnić Ci fortunę.
  • Strategia odchylenia wartości: jak znaleźć dosłownie tysiące pomysłów biznesowych i dlaczego nigdy nie trzeba „zakłócać” ani wymyślać niczego nowego lub nowatorskiego.
  • Strategia wypłaty milionera: jak rozpoznać możliwości zatrudnienia się i uzyskania natychmiastowego dochodu milionera.
  • Zasada Kopciuszka: Dlaczego założenie firmy w oparciu o trend kulturowy lub modę to okropny pomysł?
  • Strategia wytrwałości: Nigdy więcej nie zmagaj się z motywacją; cztery niezbędne składniki, aby uzyskać nieograniczoną motywację i determinację, niezależnie od przeszkód na Twojej drodze.
  • Triangulowana strategia wartości: Dowiedz się, jak nigdy nie rezygnować trzy stopy od złota: trójstopniowa strategia maksymalizacji zysków marketingowych, jednocześnie naświetlająca decyzję „zrezygnuj lub kontynuuj”.
  • i ponad 110+ więcej!
Nie pozwól, aby wyścig szczurów i jego współspiskowcy ogłosili, że twoje życie jest nieistotne. Nie pozwól, aby wyścig szczurów skłonił Cię do ratowania życia w zamian za obietnicę emerytury w podeszłym wieku. Nie pozwól, aby wyścig szczurów wciągnął cię w nudną egzystencję, której lekarstwem jest telewizja, gry wideo i trywialne wydarzenia sportowe.

Idź bez scenariusza, ucieknij przed wyścigiem szczurów i wygraj swoje szczęśliwe życie.

##### POBIERZ PRZYKŁADOWE ROZDZIAŁY
>>> Jeśli chcesz pobrać pierwsze 40 stron, odwiedź tutaj.
[ZAŁĄCZ=pełny]40258[/ZAŁĄCZ]

[ZAŁĄCZ=pełny]40257[/ZAŁĄCZ]
Czy będzie polska wersja? W takim razie składam zamówienie

TSOD

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2024
I've read the book! Yet another helpful guide to understand how so many of us have ended up exactly where we don't want to be, and a way out!

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
I finished the book in about 3 weeks and loved it. Lots of material I recognize from Unscripted but packed and brought in a bit of a different way. Enjoyed the story of the Trottman's. An inspirational journey. I will write down some of the exercises and to-do's from the chapters here on the forum with future updates in my progress thread.

Mahadewa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2024
Slovakia
Finally, I finished the Rat Race! This time I was listening to the Audiobook. I loved the Fiction part of it! Especially because it's uncannily similar to the live I've been through for the past 30 years! I felt like a Dejavu :)
And now the journey to become Unscripted and get off of the Rat Race begins!

DeadPanda

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 6, 2024

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Amazing book. It motivtated me to get out of the rat race and start my own journey towards the unscirpted life. After Reading it a second time. A lot of the principles are never leaving my head again

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 26, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
In the process of reading.
Read both Unscripted and TMF , but allowed myself to be Scripted back...
disgusting.
wish nobody to have the same experience.

found many correlations with my lifestyle.
the idioticy of "will do tomorrow".
mediocre comfort.
saving mindset.

I surely like it, 101%.
there are more useful things to come.
become revive Unscripted .

monishkumar

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Feb 5, 2024
Edmonton

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
After the Fastlane book, this is my favorite. Love the story. Mostly because it is eerily relatable.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
I have a question to see if a few of you could help me understand this.

On Page 214, MJ talks about the "value game" of comparing 2 businesses together with a table to compare showing their Reward and Odds. He indicated that "Expected Value" for Business A is -$1,078 (-21.55%) and Business B is $106,750 (2135%). Could someone share with me how the calculation was done from the table to derive to those numbers?

Also, how would one determine the Reward and Odds for an idea with a business without making up the numbers because of a personal bias? Can someone walk through a deeper level example (even if made up). I think this is an important concept and really has my attention.

What I am clear on is that both businesses had a startup cost of $5000, which becomes the "Failed Execution" of $5000 LOSS.

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.