The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nielz

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 6, 2023
I also recently finished reading the third book. I was able to enjoy it along with the audio book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Angel Meza

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 20, 2023
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Out of all the books ive read from you this one has been my favorite one, i took loads of notes on it, there was a great chapter summary, the story really got me hooked and left me wanting to read more. Its like each one of the lessons perfectly applied to the story and really put things into perspective for me.

Gotty

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 5, 2023
Australia
Read it. Became addicted to the story.
So much so, that I was almost tempted to skip the lessons.

Lualpasá

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 30, 2023

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I have read the book. When I thought I was finished with my Unscription I found a story that compelled me to read 444 pages. This thriller is really a thriller and is a good way to put in contrast the principles and strategies with "the real life", so to speak.
Just great work~

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Just finished it, I thought it was your best book yet even though it was pretty long.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I indeed read it, what a sophisticated read.:clap::

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
Read it! Awesome style and love the story inbetween the meaty content! <3 You knocked it out of the park

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
I just finished reading Unscripted : The Great Rat Race Escape (TGRRE , as everyone seems to be abbreviating).

Pro(s): I thought the interspersion of the story with lessons fleshed out from TMF and Unscripted was unique for works of this nature and effective, as the story was a sort of "Attention step" prior to the lecture chapters. Effective use of autobiographical material injected at appropriate points. Kudos for illustrating with the negative examples and things that went wrong (the "DAREs"), I know this was done in the previous books but I think I failed to voice the specific praise before.

Con(s): The lecture portions contained a lot of material from TMF and Unscripted . This is just my opinion, and it sounds like the next several books are already headed in this direction: Consider using other people's "Unscripting" stories (with their permission, of course) as the novelized attention step and then their own actual stories as the lecture. Another issue: There were a lot of "Principles." This is fine, but perhaps these should be linked to overarching phases (e.g. Stagnation in 'Slowlane' phase ties the conventional wisdom, comfortable pain, and other principles; followed by some sort of initial entrepreneurial/searching phase that binds the associated initial strategies and principles; etc). The reason for this organizational suggestion is simply for ease of future reference: If a reader were following the book along while plodding through life, I think it would be easier for the reader to locate and match his or her own journey to life-of-an-entrepreneur phases when referencing the book.

It may be worth considering other starting reference points for future novelizations. How might we encourage a military retiree to make the leap to entrepreneurialism? I think a cleaned up version of TGRRE using a veteran family as the rat-race escapees being recommended (or handed out as a sample) to bases' transition assistance programs (TAP) small business coaching week could help (much the way Bolles' What Color is Your Parachute is handed out in the "How to get a job" TAP course).

What about long-term government employees? This may be challenging as career government folks have effectively won the slow-lane. Government employees in particular may become part of the rule-making apparatus, but they probably have little idea what entrepreneurs have to go through to create and sustain businesses. How can they effectively regulate that which they likely don't understand? If they know any entrepreneurs at all, it may be only in an adversarial role.

My $0.02. That and an additional $4.97 will get you a medium coffee. . . .

CardinalFlame

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jul 2, 2019
Scottsdale
Hey @MJ, I read this years ago :) Just realized I was missing that tag! LOVED it but TMF still reigns supreme in my book! Thanks!

Hudson791

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 23, 2023
United Kingdom
You definitely kept the best for last. The story was inspiring and really helped put the learning into a real world context. This could become a whole new standard for learning.

Can't wait for book 4 of the trilogy!

All I need now is for my creative juices to thaw out and come up with some ideas to release the entrapeneur I know is lurking.

hrsh777

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 25, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Listened to this on audible. Great story to give insight into the script. It's kinda like the movie revolutionary road. Loved your approach on this MJ. Thanks again!

NicolasG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 23, 2023
Hi,

I read the great rat race escape (french edition).
I particulary appreciate the fiction story to explain the process of rat escape. For me it´s a real value to compare technical process of rat escape and concreet life aspect.
Thank your MJ for this book.

wolowitzz

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 23, 2023
I have read the book. I can't stop reading MJ's book. Just recently plot our 10year Planasy with my long term girlfriend

Emoney12

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 21, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
This book is what actually motivated me to join this forum. I had read the millionaire Fastlane as well a few months ago. Something about seeing Jeff transform into someone with such pride because of what he was able to help build was what resonated with me. Alex Hormozi well put if you say you learn something but your behavior does not change you never learned a damn thing. Well I had some hesitance a few months ago but now I am ready to act. In the absolute beginning stage of trying to change my mindset and build a specialized skill. I am focused on marketing and now realize how many resources I have with close friends who can help teach me. Thank you MJ for creating such an eye-opening book.

Izak101

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 9, 2022
I listened to it on Audible. I read it in paperback. Now if only I could get my wife to listen to it...so we're on the same page....hmmm... Either way, it's a great learing (and implementing) tool with the stratagies AND the day-in-the-life story on the road of creating value and generating wealth.

benachan

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 27, 2023
I've read the book, currently repeating 'uncredited' and have come across multiple times MJ mentions his forum. That's how I got here.

flyingguitarist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 27, 2021

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Yay Finally read it.. it was a great story , I loved the novelty of blending a story with the key principles

jjtjzj

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 8, 2023
China
Just listened audible for the third time, love it, and attract me to register in forum.
Looking forward to apply in my life

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
I read the great rat race escape ! Pretty awesome book with all the strategies and principles laid out and how the trotmans used them. The book reminded me of me and my wife a lot. At the beginning we were like lets make political t shirts for election year haha luckily we never followed through with that, it was before we read the fastlane. Then Sam getting her husband to read the books, I got my wife to read the books, she is halfway through unscripted right now and finished the fastlane previously. Id like to ask MJ about his health and changing to vegan. But all in all, excellent read and now I am finished with all the books and it is time to start executing! MJ im so glad I got turned onto these books. I have been reccommending the fastlane left and right to the people in my life and bought a copy for my little brother who followed his passion and became a jazz performer. My favorite hands down was unscripted . But I do have one question if you end up reading this MJ, were you attempting, in a serious way, to convert readers to turn vegan?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.