The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've had enough

A post of a ranting nature...

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I'm tired of having to buy new earbuds almost every month when one stops working, I'm 100% sure these companies do it on purpose to make you keep buying new ones, even big companies are doing it.

F*cking scammers.

It's time I got to the bottom of this, I'm going to create earbuds that don't malfunction for atleast five years, calling it now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merrick247

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 16, 2018
Sign me up... currently using a pair with only one side working that cuts out every time my phone moves.

GWan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 18, 2017
Toronto
Have you tried wireless bluetooth earphones? I won Air Pods at a company event and I have to say that they're amazing... Not sure if I would ever buy them though for $219 CAD.

• Banned

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Have you tried wireless bluetooth earphones? I won Air Pods at a company event and I have to say that they're amazing... Not sure if I would ever buy them though for $219 CAD.
I'm never going to spend more than $40 on these things.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
For some reason, I have not had that problem in a while

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Never tried Air Pods. Are they overpriced like Beats?(Apple bought Beats lol)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Can't stand the ear buds, I'm the guy with the double ear blue tooth old school looking headphones. Normally I only use them when talking on the phone though. I don't really lead a life where listening to music on headphones is necessary. If I had a job, I probably would though.

By the way.... if they are just going to break anyway, why not buy 10 pair at a time at the $1 Store?

GWan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Nov 18, 2017
Toronto

I honestly thought the same and it was stupid to spend more than that until I tried AirPods. I've used them daily for 9 months and they work the same as the day I got them. I'm assuming the reason why earphones break is something to do with the wire.

Never tried Air Pods. Are they overpriced like Beats?(Apple bought Beats lol)

I would say yes they are overpriced, like almost everything Apple sells... but you do get what you pay for. AirPods are high quality and super convenient. Aside from the obvious benefits of wireless earphones like you can walk around with them, they also connect automatically once you put them in your ear. If you take one out, it will automatically pause the music or whatever you're listening to. The charging case is also a convenient place to store/charge them.

I think it's one of those things where if you get used to them, you can never go back. I don't think I could start using wired earphones again because I'm too used to the convenience of AirPods.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I honestly thought the same and it was stupid to spend more than that until I tried AirPods. I've used them daily for 9 months and they work the same as the day I got them. I'm assuming the reason why earphones break is something to do with the wire.

I would say yes they are overpriced, like almost everything Apple sells... but you do get what you pay for. AirPods are high quality and super convenient. Aside from the obvious benefits of wireless earphones like you can walk around with them, they also connect automatically once you put them in your ear. If you take one out, it will automatically pause the music or whatever you're listening to. The charging case is also a convenient place to store/charge them.

I think it's one of those things where if you get used to them, you can never go back. I don't think I could start using wired earphones again because I'm too used to the convenience of AirPods.
Yes it does have something to do with the wire getting bent and twisted etc.

I'm old school so I'm not really a fan of wireless ones, glad to know it works for you though.

I'm going to study how earbuds are manufactured and what can be improved.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Made In China
It would explain the shitty quality, no offense to any chinese on here.

Or find a company that already makes them and do some importing/dropshipping.
What's the point? I want earbuds that don't stop working after 1-2 months, why would I help shady companies sell their stuff easier?

If you know of a company which sells cheap earbuds that last for a long time, feel free to share the good news.

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
Did you know that used airbuds also pollute oceans? You will not only save people money, you will also save oceans.

Quick question. Perhaps you have already thought about it. How about keeping the plastic bit recyclable and the cotton buds as changeable?

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Did you know that used airbuds also pollute oceans? You will not only save people money, you will also save oceans.

Quick question. Perhaps you have already thought about it. How about keeping the plastic bit recyclable and the cotton buds as changeable?
I'm sure it'll take more than that to save the oceans, no I haven't thought of that, it's a good suggestion.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
It would explain the shitty quality, no offense to any chinese on here.

What's the point? I want earbuds that don't stop working after 1-2 months, why would I help shady companies sell their stuff easier?

If you know of a company which sells cheap earbuds that last for a long time, feel free to share the good news.

I bought these exactly a year ago:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BFS5136/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

They've been abused to hell and back and the sound quality rivals $50 sets. Dropped on concrete, flung across the room, stepped on. Still works just like day 1.

They were $6 at the time. $12 with shipping.

The colored part seems to be some sort of metal, wrapped in plastic.

I'm not a fan of that violet color, but the value was and still is immense.

The part that goes in your ear is a cheap rubber. The large ones are uncomfortable, but they include smaller ones you can swap out. Not uncomfortable, but there are definitely better solutions.

I mentioned this in the thread about buying great products. I literally closed more sales b/c how clear they make the other person sounds.

Looks like a few people are still selling them, even though the actual company no longer carries:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VXP7X9L/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

No affiliation, but after a review like that I should be getting paid lol

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok questions,

How do AirPods pollute the ocean?

I’ve never had a pair of earbuds go bad on me and I’ve had plenty of them? How are you breaking yours?

How are they breaking? Wire disconnecting? Circuit board? Tiny speaker?

I lost my wireless LG headphones yesterday and just ordered AirPods for $150. A little more than the $70 LGs but i wanted to give them a shot.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I bought these exactly a year ago:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BFS5136/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

They've been abused to hell and back and the sound quality rivals $50 sets. Dropped on concrete, flung across the room, stepped on. Still works just like day 1.

They were $6 at the time. $12 with shipping.

The colored part seems to be some sort of metal, wrapped in plastic.

I'm not a fan of that violet color, but the value was and still is immense.

The part that goes in your ear is a cheap rubber. The large ones are uncomfortable, but they include smaller ones you can swap out. Not uncomfortable, but there are definitely better solutions.

I mentioned this in the thread about buying great products. I literally closed more sales b/c how clear they make the other person sounds.

Looks like a few people are still selling them, even though the actual company no longer carries:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VXP7X9L/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

No affiliation, but after a review like that I should be getting paid lol
First link says it's unavailable, I checked Amazon.co.uk if this seller was available and there was a review that said their earphones stopped working 4 months in.

The one I have currently is an ep-630 creative which a person said lasted them 6+ years and only a month later one ear isn't working for me anymore.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
First link says it's unavailable, I checked Amazon.co.uk if this seller was available and there was a review that said their earphones stopped working 4 months in.

The one I have currently is an ep-630 creative which a person said lasted them 6+ years and only a month later one ear isn't working for me anymore.

ik. just saying those were the exact pair I bought.

Search for Noot bass earbuds, if neither of the links work in the UK.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
This is the result: Amazon.co.uk: not bass earbuds

"Noot bass earbuds" didn't work so I searched "not bass earbuds".

"Noot" is the brand. Bummer

I used "bass earbuds" to find these:

Here's one from Amazon choice:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079GFF4HZ/ref=psdc_10395651_t1_B01LBLFHF4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Hea...&qid=1535667210&sr=8-16&keywords=bass+earbuds

Another that seems durable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHYTHMZ-HD...rd_wg=O1yJJ&psc=1&refRID=Q83JKDJ0PQ4AQAD5EM2P

One more with great reviews, thought, it doesn't look like they specify the material:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gritin-Ear...8&qid=1535667210&sr=8-3&keywords=bass+earbuds

I'd go with either the amazon choice one, or "Titanium"

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

I'm sure it'll take more than that to save the oceans, no I haven't thought of that, it's a good suggestion.

Ok questions,

How do AirPods pollute the ocean?

@biophase I misunderstood. I thought we were talking about earbuds - used to clean ears and remove earwax :)

Lmfao @ all this

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I assume you've bought from them, how long have you had your earbuds/headphones?
Well they’re not a website that sells earbuds, they’re a site full of audio quality ‘connoisseurs’ who review headphones. You can get the headphones anywhere.. usually Amazon.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Honestly, I remember the first time i splurged on headphones. They were like $70. One of the best purchases I ever made in my life. Researched for a while and picked out a set. The music sounded amazing.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
I'm tired of having to buy new earbuds almost every month when one stops working, I'm 100% sure these companies do it on purpose to make you keep buying new ones, even big companies are doing it.

f*cking scammers.

It's time I got to the bottom of this, I'm going to create earbuds that don't malfunction for atleast five years, calling it now.
Can find a great pair of fake airpods for $35 they are not replicas claiming to be airpods but the design is a complete rip off however they perform very well and are unlikely to break. The main issue with earphones is the flimsy wire that breaks inside over time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.