The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think I've had enough...

Anything related to matters of the mind

analogue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 29, 2020
Haven't been here for a while... And I think I had enough, I'm drained, surrounded by people who either see everything as a tragedy or through rose colored glasses. I've had enough of the dumb social status games, the constant comparison of trivialities... I've had enough of feeling stuck in this rut, this country, this family...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Haven't been here for a while... And I think I had enough, I'm drained, surrounded by people who either see everything as a tragedy or through rose colored glasses. I've had enough of the dumb social status games, the constant comparison of trivialities... I've had enough of feeling stuck in this rut, this country, this family...

Chin up, it's never as bad as it seems. What do you want to do?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Listen to the above ☝️, might be the right time @Kak put this out there. Might be the right time for you.

And remember: nothing is ever as good as as bad as it seems in the moment.

This too shall pass.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
OK, so now I know what you don't want, what do you want your life to look like?

I'm not talking about owning possessions but owning freedom. How would you like to spend your days and doing what things? What things would you be free of? What memories would you like to have?

Design yourself a life and paint a picture of it in your mind that's so clear you can touch it. Then work out the steps to get yourself there. Even if you don't know how to get to the "finish line" you can work out a way to start. Once you start, life has a way of revealing the next steps to you. It takes hard work and effort but life also becomes a lot more fun.

Oh yes! Remember to enjoy the journey as the destination isn't always as much fun as getting there.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
OK, so now I know what you don't want, what do you want your life to look like?

I'm not talking about owning possessions but owning freedom. How would you like to spend your days and doing what things? What things would you be free of? What memories would you like to have?

Design yourself a life and paint a picture of it in your mind that's so clear you can touch it. Then work out the steps to get yourself there. Even if you don't know how to get to the "finish line" you can work out a way to start. Once you start, life has a way of revealing the next steps to you. It takes hard work and effort but life also becomes a lot more fun.

Oh yes! Remember to enjoy the journey as the destination isn't always as much fun as getting there.
Funny thing, some people need that picture painted for them.

Start working on yourself, provide a service, get clients.
It’s interesting how when you’re busy you stop noticing all the other stuff.

Get busy

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

What can you both 1) Control and 2) Do?

Forget about what you can't control, manage/act/plan on what you can.

As I like to say, many people want to change their lives, but few want to change their choices, and ultimately, this changes nothing.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
I'd seek help if you can and if you can't afford a therapist you will have to become your own.

Then I'd physically move away, far as you can and restart. Get a job. Get some momentum and don't think about biz, just work on your fractured consciousness and learn to love yourself and life again. Do the shit you enjoy.

Then when you're ready, because you will be - feelings are seasonal, find mentors and replace them with your friends and family as much as you can. Hang out in there heads instead of your own.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
We can't do what we don't do, and that's up to each and every one of us!

analogue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 29, 2020
As I like to say, many people want to change their lives, but few want to change their choices, and ultimately, this changes nothing.
This is true, and I struggle knowing what to change. Things can be confusing at times but I suspect that enumerating the pain in my life and addressing it could be a start.

I'm not the type of person who seeks status and showing off, and as a result, I only care about a few possessions that I have and bring me joy.
However, I'd like to have more freedom. I'd like to be free from the nonsense of society and it's pressure to conform, free from some annoying and controlling people, and also free from the pain from some events from the past.

Then I'd physically move away, far as you can and restart. Get a job. Get some momentum and don't think about biz, just work on your fractured consciousness and learn to love yourself and life again. Do the shit you enjoy.
Moving somewhere else sounds like a good idea. And yes, my mind is fractured in many ways but I hope that I can put myself back together. After all, this is the thing that's holding me back, and has held me back for a decade now...

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
This is true, and I struggle knowing what to change. Things can be confusing at times but I suspect that enumerating the pain in my life and addressing it could be a start.

I'm not the type of person who seeks status and showing off, and as a result, I only care about a few possessions that I have and bring me joy.
However, I'd like to have more freedom. I'd like to be free from the nonsense of society and it's pressure to conform, free from some annoying and controlling people, and also free from the pain from some events from the past.

Moving somewhere else sounds like a good idea. And yes, my mind is fractured in many ways but I hope that I can put myself back together. After all, this is the thing that's holding me back, and has held me back for a decade now...
This is good. It reads like you are thinking about what you want. A lot of people chase possessions but it's much nicer to own a few high-quality things that make you happy. Having too many things makes you a prisoner to those things. Freedom of choice brings happiness BUT there will always be people who want to control you and there will always be pressures in life. It's just that the pressures change as you progress through life.

Now make sure you write down your "picture" of the ideal future because it will make it much clearer. Then you can make a plan and set yourself a deadline. Start with small steps and get in the habit of ticking off small wins. You will get there. Perhaps not the way you first imagined but you will get there.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018

Moving will do wonders for anyone looking to escape the gravity of their world. I am empathetic towards your situation because I've been there, I even struggle currently but my wiring is starting to take shape.

Loving yourself and forgiving yourself and the world is a great step to take. We have to reset and there are many ways we can achieve this, here are some:

*Taking yourself less seriously (we all gonna die, so why are you any different ultimately?)
*Laughing at shit
*People watching and noticing good things like old people holding hands etc
*Meditating
*Visualisation
*Breathing work (Wim Hoff)
*Inspirational Videos
*Hypnosis
*Brain Entrainment
*Simple and even elaborate acts of kindness
*Telling people you are grateful for them
*Surrounding yourself with people who give a shit about you

Hope you find your reset point, looking forward to hearing your success!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.