• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT I've had enough

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Ayanle Farah, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,614
    do not make them in china. try making them in malaysia or taiwan instead. My sony ear buds wireless are great made in malaysia. however the only gripe is that they are not loud enough but still no issues with bluetooth connectivity.

Xeon likes this.
  2. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,376
    Where were you when I made this thread? Would've saved me some time, I'll definitely use that method for my earbuds.

I take care of the ones I have, I'm not irresponsible with them and use them as they were intended.

I don't doubt airpods are great as many have already attested to this but I'm not a fan of wireless earbuds, regardless I've already made a purchase for 10 earbuds at a cheap price.

3. SethLBender

SethLBender New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $62
    I used to have the same problem years ago over and over buying new earbuds. Do you keep buying the same brand?

Ayanle Farah likes this.
  4. Marcello8

Marcello8 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $51
    This is really irritating to change headphone every months. Not sure which are you using right now. Though you already have tried different one as you said. Right now I have " Energy Sistem Energy Headphones BT2" working well so far. I don't need to change it every month. Because this one serving me well and I am happy to get it. Feature include:

Sound
    Sound Output: Stereo
    Sensitivity: 93 dB
    Acoustic design: Closed
    Total Harmonic Distortion: 1 %
    Frequency range: 20000 Hz
    Dimensions
    Category: Audiophile
    Style: On-Ear
    Weight: 1550000000000/45359237 lb
    Magnet Material: Neodymium
    Attachment type: Headband
    Available colours- Pink, Blue, Black, Turquoise
    Connectivity
    Inputs Supported: Bluetooth, USB
    Bluetooth version: 4.0
    Wireless connection: Bluetooth
    Power
    Battery Life: 10 h

Source: Energy Sistem Headphones BT2 headphone | ▤ Full Specification

5. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,097
    It is on purpose. Look up something called planned obsolescence. I did some research about this and wrote a paper on it while in college.

Ayanle Farah likes this.
  6. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $1,376
    That gives me an opportunity to undercut these assholes.

It means a cheap high quality product is possible.

Xeon likes this.
  7. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,268
    I've had the same MacBook for 6 years. No problems whatsoever

8. Xeon

Xeon The Ultimate Miser Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,215
    I'm one of those few guys who don't believe in paying more than US$15 for music earbuds. The ones I bought all these years average US$10. Each pair lasted for average 6 mths to 1 year.

If there a company that guarantees a 5-year-no-damage-no-loss-in-sound-quality earbuds and sell that for US$20, I would pay for that but no more.
    I've switched to bluetooth earbuds nowadays, not sure how long it would last.

US$349.99 Sennheiser IE 80 S earphones? Is it coated with Rhodium with the insides handcrafted by NASA engineers at an Italian atelier? LOL.

Roger FS likes this.
  9. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,884

I used to buy 1 pair of headphones that would ALWAYS break after 2 months (almost to the day). Right now I'm using AKG - only had them for a month - if they last 6 months I'll be happy.

I am not sure 5 years is possible. If sh*t lasted at least 12-24 months (and I paid $20 for that) I'd be happy VS spending $8 every 2 months.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Xeon likes this.
  10. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $330
    Whati about free replacement if they lose sound quality within 5 years? Shure are pretty reliable but in the $100 can be I think.

Better quality costs more, initally. Although if you buy a new replacement every year, how long before it becomes effective to spend the extra money?

Xeon likes this.
  11. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $159,879
    I’ve had LG tone pro wireless headphones for over 5 years. I bought 2 pairs at about $70 each, one for my car and one for home. Neither have broken.

I just lost one pair last month and bought AirPods for $150. I have to say that the AirPods are awesome. I’ve been converted. They sound better and are easier to carry and charge. The only thing i don’t like is that they only have 2 controls.

I also bought a pair of Bose noise canceling headphones for $400 in 2011. They still work fine but the ear padding is starting to wear after so much use.

I don’t know how you guys keep breaking headphones.

If we breakdown a headphone into parts and look at possible issues then we ask...

is it the tiny speaker that just sucks and wears out? Maybe you a playing it too loud for what it’s made for? Are the wires too thin? Did they use crappy plastic that is brittle around the wires? If you ask yourself these questions then you’ll actually see that these are all material quality issues which lower cost headphone manufacturers would choose to use.

Just get yourself a good quality pair and you’ll have them a long long time.

Xeon likes this.
  12. Xeon

Xeon The Ultimate Miser Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,215
    Still nope. Forking out more than $100 at once has a huge psychological barrier.
    Since the earbuds I've cost $10 and let's say they last 1 year each.
    If I replace it every year for 5 yrs, it's still only $50....

Regarding quality of sound, it's true the high-end earphones/headphones might provide better audio output, but then, for casual users like me, it's not worth it. They also suffer from the effect of diminishing returns in terms of $ : quality ratio.

Of course, if one is a pro musician or composes songs, I can understand forking out 4-digit for some exotic earphones.

13. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $330
    This is why, though their is an argument for a cheap Bluetooth set over an expensive wired set, since their are less wires to break. I guess I overestimated the cost a little. Were you happy with the LG Pros for those years until you lost them?

Would you pay $50 for ones guaranteed to last 5 years? The over $100 are designed to last beyond that. There may well be a middle ground.

Perhaps a headset designed with basic sound quality but with a design emphasising robustness woukd meet your needs better.

Also over ear designs provide better audio and sound output than an equivleant ear phone, as a result of laws of acoustics from the shape and design.

So if you choose the in-ear earbud type, audio quality isn't your primary concern. Since their design is thin and fashionably flimsy, the only way to accomdate is more expensive materials.

I spent £10 on my over the ear headphones and they lasted 3 years, and the shop went bankrupt before the guarantee ran out.

Now if those don't suit you for some reason, their is your problem headphones don't do x. Figure out how they can.

Xeon likes this.
  14. Neng Her

Neng Her New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $62
    Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 11.11.24 AM.png I use these for the gym. Quality is good and cannot complain about the price. As for my laptop and iphone I use the Apple Earphones that comes with the phone. Its the only earphones that I used for years now. (daily use)

Xeon likes this.
  15. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $1,376
    I used to and then I switched up but it made no difference.

I made this thread when the ones from another brand stopped working.

16. Roger FS

Roger FS New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $42
    My thoughts exactly - about $15 is my limit these days, the pricing has become very competitive on Amazon.
    Bought these 2 weeks ago for $9.99, and like them a lot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXXR3IM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I would NOT use them for sports, as they don't fit that tightly. I use ear buds for audiobooks and the like, not for music. For me these have consistently lasted over 6 hours - more like 8, and each time I turn them on they reconnect via bluetooth automatically. Other wireless ones I've had seemed to require going into my phone setting and "coaxing" a reconnection.

Xeon likes this.
  17. SethLBender

SethLBender New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $62
    I used to go through headphones constantly although i was wearing them while riding motorcycle. If you're running or being very active that may be part of the reason.

Apple headphones last very well I've seen the wires fray and the headphones still worked!