The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's playoff time!!!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yankees vs. Indians (I wonder who I'm rooting for...)
Red Sox vs. Angels

Cubs vs. D'Backs
Phillies vs. Rockies/Padres

Anybody have any thoughts or predictions?

Personally, I like the Yankees...well obviously. They have the best record after the all-star break in all of baseball. If their pitching holds up, they'll win. I really hope ARod can finally prove all the haters wrong. I've stuck by him through the best and worst of times; hopefully he can perform when it really counts.

I love baseball!!! I'd have to say this is my favorite part of the year. GO YANKEES!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I am a die-hard Cubs fan. Always have been. I think they will get into the World Series this year. My dad is 63 and has never seen them in the Series...so I'm really hoping he gets a chance this year!!

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
Well, since my Tigers came up short, i'm not all that concerned... but, I think the Yankees and Phils will be in the world series.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I hope you're right...as long as the Yankees come out on top!

Pretty good Rockies/Padres game going on now. 6-6 bottom of the 10th. Can't ask for a much better season finale...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am a die-hard Cubs fan. Always have been. I think they will get into the World Series this year. My dad is 63 and has never seen them in the Series...so I'm really hoping he gets a chance this year!!

Im a Chicago White Sox fan and avid Chicago Cub hater ... so much, I've been on the phone all day searching for Steve Bartman -- gonna fly him in to Phoenix. :smilielol:

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
bio - how much are they?

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Time for an update, D-backs will face the Rockies. Go D-backs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaPR9Di-axg"]YouTube - d-backs swing[/ame]

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'm still praying for a Yankee comeback...

I think we should win today with Clemens going against Westbrook, but tomorrow will be a tough one. Wang will be going on short rest, but being a sinker-baller, it may help add movement because he'll be relying more on his arm as his legs could be a bit fatigued. After that, if we get to a game 5, I'd assume it'd be Pettitte again. That'd be nice. Hopefully we can support him this time.

Only concern I have is that we're gonna have to face either Sabathia or Carmona again -- a tough task.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Yankee, sorry brother but it does not look good. Torre on the way out possibly? ESPN is reporting that....

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I hope not. How can you fire a guy who's brought 12 straight playoff appearances; 11 straight division titles?

But yes. Depression is setting. I still have hope, though. A comeback wouldn't surprise me.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Was it just me or is the TBS coverage pretty bad. I'm glad the next series is going to be on Fox.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I hope not. How can you fire a guy who's brought 12 straight playoff appearances; 11 straight division titles?

But yes. Depression is setting. I still have hope, though. A comeback wouldn't surprise me.

Sure Torre may be winning the division titles, but he has not been taking them to the Big game and winning it. The Yankees do have a powerful team but they need the pitching, at least two good starting pitchers. The ptichers they have are good but they are not consistant. Sabathia and Carmona are good pitchers and one of them will take the Indians to the World Series.

Tom

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Just saw Donny Deutsch of "The Big Idea" at the game. Unfortunately for him, he has to witness this torture first hand. Maybe he can bring them some luck...

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Sorry, but I'm rooting for Torre and the Dodgers. I miss Torre, and I wish him the best with whatever he does.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
It's okay. You Pennsylvanians are just jealous that we have beaches of our own. :)

(Sadly, I think that's probably the biggest advantage of NJ to PA.)

I'm rooting for a Dodgers/Rays World Series now. The Rays have been such a great story all season, and I have immense respect for their manager Joe Maddon. Their season has been the archetype for the significance of the mental side of the game. Joe Maddon made them realize they could win, got them to play ball the right way, and it sure as hell is paying off.

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm still shocked the Cubs got swept. I also thought CC would have stepped up for the Brewers but with five consecutive starts with three days rests, it definitely caught up to him.

I'm not necessarily rooting for the Rays, I'm just rooting for whoever Boston's opposing team is. Go Torre!! :eusa_clap:

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
Living in New England, I am a life long Sox fan. The Rays will be tough, especially with Beckett not at 100%. I would like to see the Dodgers in it to, as I have a lot of respect for Torre as a manager.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Living in New England, I am a life long Sox fan. The Rays will be tough, especially with Beckett not at 100%. I would like to see the Dodgers in it to, as I have a lot of respect for Torre as a manager.
It's hard not to like Torre.

DiceK and Lester have both emerged as great pitchers this season, so they still have a shot even without Beckett at full strength.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It will nice to see the Ray's win ... being a life long Cubs fan hater, it just adds salt into their pathetic wounds ... :p

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
My Dad is a huge Sox fan because he's from New England. I just don't know how anyone can be a Sox fan with guys like Jonathan Papelbon on the team. He's the biggest a** ever.

The Dodgers head to LA for tomorrow night's game and I'm calling a comeback! :smx9:

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
My Dad is a huge Sox fan because he's from New England. I just don't know how anyone can be a Sox fan with guys like Jonathan Papelbon on the team. He's the biggest a** ever.

The Dodgers head to LA for tomorrow night's game and I'm calling a comeback! :smx9:

You could probably say that about any team. I look at how they play and how the new ownership has turned the team around. I am not your typical Sox fan and get all pumped up over the NY rivalry. Of course I route for the sox but respect the Yanks for there talent. I just don't get how Cashman still has a job. Especially with that payroll and no playoff this year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.