The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Its been a hell of a week

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Hey guy's,

I don't know were else to put this and I needed somewhere to vent. I've had a hell of a week, it started last monday with my cousin and good friend passing away due to a cancer induced bloodclot, and now this tuesday my dad collapsed and couldn't physically pick himself up, they did test and now think he has GBS: Guillian Barre Syndrome a condition were the immune system attacks its own nerves resulting in nerve paralyse. They had to keep him in hospital over night in the high dependency ward to make sure it didn't spread to his lungs and kill him, its currently spread to his arms and legs and he is rated as being in serious condition (he's just turned 60).

I feel like my world is collapsing in around me and that i'm about to lose 2 close relatives in one week.
So how has your week been?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
dam bro sorry to hear that. mine's nothing special its only midweek, trying to keep good habits going. made some cold calls and am about to code. I like your profile image btw

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
Just got my dad out of the hospital Monday. Work sucks but its work so what do you expect. Im not gonna give energy to things I can't control anymore. I have a new saying for myself. Happy life=Happy life. Simple, always think and be positive no matter what you are going through and it won't be near as hard.

Sorry for your loss. I know you probably feet terrible right now but don't use it as an excuse not to do something or be miserable. I did that for too long and nothing good came of it. Be positive, supportive, and move on. Your dad will appreciate your positive energy when everyone else may be doing the opposite.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My condolences brother. Wishing you a better next week, including a recovery for dad.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sorry to hear you're having a rough week. Hope everything works out well with your dad.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear this... Stay strong through this, I know it's a major stress on your mind, but we all wish and pray for your dad's recovery...

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
My condolences brother. Wishing you a better next week, including a recovery for dad.
Thanks MJ, At this point our best case senario is that he recovers and then has to spend the next 6-24 months recovering and learning how to walk again or it goes to his lungs and he dies in the next week.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

In an attempt to make you feel better, remember that your dad could possibly recover and this could be just a health scare.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
damn.. all the best man, hope it works out

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Thanks for the support fella's like I said, its been one hell of a week.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Thanks MJ, At this point our best case senario is that he recovers and then has to spend the next 6-24 months recovering and learning how to walk again or it goes to his lungs and he dies in the next week.

Sorry to hear about your week, one way I like to handle bad weeks or days is that they are "unbelievable" so whether it's good or bad, unbelievable is a neutral or even positive word to use for your mindest. I find it helps avoid the self defeating spiral.

About your dad, I feel your pain. My dad came down with GBS about 8 years ago. However, it was not a very well known disease and it took doctors over 4 years to officially diagnose and start treating it properly, which means he'll never make a full recovery.

So here's a + think about it this way: how fortunate you both are that the doctors diagnosed it immediately, which means proper treatment, less recovery time, and a higher chance of a 100% recovery. That's awesome!

Keep your head up, concentrate on the positives, and accept the negatives because you can't change what happens, only how you react to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.