The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just awakened to a hell of a hangover, please take care of yourself

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
It feels so nice to take one too many, especially when meeting friends/partners. Your health is not infinite, sadly - too much indulgence, and you will give away control to your darker self, and be sorry for it afterwards.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
It is getting worse, goddamit (( The hour is near when I will stop consuming alcohol altogether. It is a shame, I love the thing. Welp, maybe it’s time. Maybe that is why I am here, for real - to keep myself accountable to that )

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Perhaps weed is a better alternative to "take the edge off"?

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas
I stopped drinking alcohol years ago as it is so toxic to the body and especially the mind. Not possible to build a great business in a perpetual state of hangover

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Perhaps weed is a better alternative to "take the edge off"?
Maybe, but it is illegal here, and I quit smoking cigarettes years ago. Was hardest thing I’ve ever done, too. I think I will try and reduce alcohol consumption first, see where it will take me. Thanks for suggestion, anyway!

D

Deleted85763

It feels so nice to take one too many, especially when meeting friends/partners. Your health is not infinite, sadly - too much indulgence, and you will give away control to your darker self, and be sorry for it afterwards.
Unless you have been drinking daily just stop now. If you have been drinking daily go see a doctor who specializes in alcohol addiction. It can be dangerous to just stop.

I have known so many people whose lives have been so negatively impacted by drinking. Some developed serious health and mental problems. Some had terrible accidents. Some were very talented and lost everything. All of them lost the respect of their families. Their families were all damaged in some way, too. Really bad.

Alcohol can make you feel really great for a few hours but the downsides far outweigh any pleasure. I wish everyone in the world would stop drinking; it would be an infinitely better place to live. I quit many many years ago. It was easy for me. No more acting like a fool. No more wasted time. No more hangovers. No more alcohol expense. It feels great without alcohol.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's a simple choice not to drink. You just have to decide to make a choice to end it. If you believe you can't, you can't. Normally, there are rehab programs if you have a huge problem. No one can take care of you, but you. Take your own advice. The forum isn't really a rehab center. I'm sure, A.A. is online if you need a support group. Google can probably point you somewhere with Alcohol recovery as key words. I'm sure there is a blue book you can listen too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYLYIn7H6w
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhKpBUYZERk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!