The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is waking up early worth it?

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I usually wake up at 6 am. I spend the first hour on my morning routines and then I get to work. Before lunch I have already done more than I usually would throughout a full workday.

There is a special feeling, sitting at 9 in the morning, observing people arrive at their respectable workplaces and knowing that you already managed to get SO MUCH done while the rest of the country still even haven't had their first morning coffee at the office yet.

I used to hate mornings. Now they are my favorite part of the day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Probably an enhancement because you are trading to gain more quality time.

Nobody wakes up at 5am to play computer games. You probably feels that there isn’t enough time and you want less distraction.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Waking up at 5am is actually only helpful for a group of people High performers, like managers, real entrepreneurs, top athletes, single fathers and mothers who work full time etc... All these people have in common that they have little time and lots of responsibility wear. Then it makes sense to start reading a book at 5:30 a.m. and drink lemon water for a clear conscience.

The difference between these people and you is that they a) have no other way to find time to themselves b) these people already have accomplishments that you don't have and can afford to feel good about what they do. And that's the main difference. You can't afford to feel good. In this case, "feeling good" is equivalent to a motivating thought. According to the motto: I'm doing something productive. But reading 10 pages of a book in the morning or not would have no measurable value in your actual work that you have to do first. All this advice about waking up at 4, 5, 5:30 or going to McDonald's for breakfast like a certain billionaire has no effect on your work. This is Feel Good advice to make complex things easier to sell.

If you're not in control of your life and sleep 12 hours a day, then such advice may work wonders. I've also heard that successful people make their beds tidy and are therefore more successful than others :) As I said, concentrate on your actual work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Looner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 2, 2022
I don't love it, but I tend to get a lot more done when I'm up earlier so it's worth it to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.