The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Waking up early? Benefits?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Hello all,

I know this topic seems like a mockery of entrepreneurship because I've often conflated people who brag about how early they wake up as wantrepeneurs. I know results are what matter and can come from any routine that suits one best, but I am still curious to hear of any opinions you guys have.

Have any of you gone from a 'normal' wake up time ie. 7-8am to a more drastically early wake up time ie. 4 am and found any benefits to your productivity?

I know Alex Hormozi, Alex Becker etc are outspoken about the benefits of waking up at 4 as it provides them with a silent environment to kickstart the day.

I currently live in a household that is quite boisterous in the evening and frankly distracting, but have also been one to hit snooze for an hour if I set my alarm too early, but would like to try and establish a morning routine of sorts, and keep at it for a month as a test.

Anyone have any input or tips?

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Key point: "Unless you are biologically wired to wake early, you shouldn't force yourself."

Alex Hormonzi, Gary V, Tony Robbins and all these Type A personalities have so much testosterone that it's actually preventing them from sleeping like normal people do. Their extreme go-getter biology makes them constantly restless. That's also the reason why these types are drawn to extreme sports.

If you're asking this question, you probably aren't built to be an early riser. So much BS nowadays about how "if you follow the daily habits of these billionaires, you can replicate their net worth". And don't forget the "if you want to be a successful entrepreneur, you've to hustle hard everyday for 21 hours or you're being lazy!"

People watch these "hustle teachers" and throw all COMMON SENSE out of the window. Take as much rest as you need so you've the energy to hustle and work on your business/projects, not because Hormonzi or Becker says he does that everyday so you've to follow.

What good would it be if you follow these "Type A" personalities but end up extremely tired and unable to focus on your business?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Bezos starts work at 9am.

There's nothing magical about waking up early.

There is something magical about learning how your body thrives and leveraging that. For Becker/Hormozi that's 4am wake times, for others their best work happens 11pm-3am. Pay attention to your body, it will let you know.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Interesting points in that article. To be fair, I think having a why to wake up is the most important factor at least in my experience. I remember in high school I became a fanatic for Muay Thai and wanting to be the best, I looked for the best fighter's daily schedule (at the time it was Buakaw), and he woke up daily at 5 am to train and due to my desire to replicate him, I was able to wake up at 5 am every day for months until my passion faded. Right now I am in a rut and slog out of bed without a real goal, but I struggle to find one...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

M1CH3L@NG3L0

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 4, 2023
Chicago
Interesting points in that article. To be fair, I think having a why to wake up is the most important factor at least in my experience. I remember in high school I became a fanatic for Muay Thai and wanting to be the best, I looked for the best fighter's daily schedule (at the time it was Buakaw), and he woke up daily at 5 am to train and due to my desire to replicate him, I was able to wake up at 5 am every day for months until my passion faded. Right now I am in a rut and slog out of bed without a real goal, but I struggle to find one...
Hello all,

I know this topic seems like a mockery of entrepreneurship because I've often conflated people who brag about how early they wake up as wantrepeneurs. I know results are what matter and can come from any routine that suits one best, but I am still curious to hear of any opinions you guys have.

Have any of you gone from a 'normal' wake up time ie. 7-8am to a more drastically early wake up time ie. 4 am and found any benefits to your productivity?

I know Alex Hormozi, Alex Becker etc are outspoken about the benefits of waking up at 4 as it provides them with a silent environment to kickstart the day.

I currently live in a household that is quite boisterous in the evening and frankly distracting, but have also been one to hit snooze for an hour if I set my alarm too early, but would like to try and establish a morning routine of sorts, and keep at it for a month as a test.

Anyone have any input or tips?

Cheers

Humans are habitual creatures, and it's universally known that excellence is a habit. Therefore, cultivating a morning and night routine that embodies the values you want for your character can be a great way to improve yourself. I wake up an hour earlier than my schedule requires to read, stretch, meditate, journal, and exercise. I find that dedicating at least one hour daily to caring for myself mentally, physically, and spiritually has a high Return on Investment. When I was a personal trainer, I recommended this to all of my clients. I've personally witnessed them get out of the slogs and ruts you speak of. I hope this helps!

PS.

Hitting the snooze button creates a mental state called sleep inertia. The CDC defines it as such:

"Sleep inertia is a temporary disorientation and decline in performance and/or mood after awakening from sleep. People can show slower reaction time, poorer short-term memory, and slower speed of thinking, reasoning, remembering, and learning."

We all get the same 24 hours. Wake up on that first alarm and seize the day, my friend.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Humans are habitual creatures, and it's universally known that excellence is a habit. Therefore, cultivating a morning and night routine that embodies the values you want for your character can be a great way to improve yourself. I wake up an hour earlier than my schedule requires to read, stretch, meditate, journal, and exercise. I find that dedicating at least one hour daily to caring for myself mentally, physically, and spiritually has a high Return on Investment. When I was a personal trainer, I recommended this to all of my clients. I've personally witnessed them get out of the slogs and ruts you speak of. I hope this helps!

PS.

Hitting the snooze button creates a mental state called sleep inertia. The CDC defines it as such:

"Sleep inertia is a temporary disorientation and decline in performance and/or mood after awakening from sleep. People can show slower reaction time, poorer short-term memory, and slower speed of thinking, reasoning, remembering, and learning."

We all get the same 24 hours. Wake up on that first alarm and seize the day, my friend.
Wow! I need to read up on this sleep inertia. Sounds spot on. So even if I get an hour less time in bed, but feel groggy on the first alarm, it is still beneficial to just get up and go?

@M1CH3L@NG3L0 Hola amigo, it is 6:30 and I am up since 6 without snoozing for the first time in ages because I remembered your sleep inertia. Thanks

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.