- Joined
- Jul 2, 2013
- Messages
- 257
Rep Bank
$654
$654
User Power: 64%
Ive had my fair share of red flags pop up through out my start-up days in which I should have looked into more, but Im always amazed at how I still seem to miss obvious ones that I should have addressed.
Let me know if this sounds like a red flag. So the guy I have been working with also has a consulting firm. Well the consulting firm just landed a big contract and he is now taking a lot of time doing that, which he has been upfront with me about. Well yesterday I put together a presentation for the project we are working on, and he went back and changed it to all about his consulting firm, which he has now broadened into a full IT company. The project we are working on has basically just become a feature that he added to his IT company, but he is using things that myself and others who started this project created for his "other" company. I asked him why this was and he said it would help sell the product we are creating by bundling with his company, but he just seems to be using our resources to expand his other company.
How would you handle this situation?
Let me know if this sounds like a red flag. So the guy I have been working with also has a consulting firm. Well the consulting firm just landed a big contract and he is now taking a lot of time doing that, which he has been upfront with me about. Well yesterday I put together a presentation for the project we are working on, and he went back and changed it to all about his consulting firm, which he has now broadened into a full IT company. The project we are working on has basically just become a feature that he added to his IT company, but he is using things that myself and others who started this project created for his "other" company. I asked him why this was and he said it would help sell the product we are creating by bundling with his company, but he just seems to be using our resources to expand his other company.
How would you handle this situation?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
