The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there any fastlane jobs for a 20 year old guy like me?

G

GuestUser8117

Hi everyone, I know that jobs are not fastlane but you have to start somewhere. I dropped out of college because of a freaking illness and now I find that 20 years old job sucks like hell! I am waiting to go study in real estate but now I don't know what to do with my days. All jobs sucks whithout a degree. Any fastlane advice on this?I am so bored I just play guitar, surf on the web and read a lot. What should I do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Hi everyone, I know that jobs are not fastlane but you have to start somewhere. I dropped out of college because of a freaking illness and now I find that 20 years old job sucks like hell! I am waiting to go study in real estate but now I don't know what to do with my days. All jobs sucks whithout a degree. Any fastlane advice on this?I am so bored I just play guitar, surf on the web and read a lot. What should I do?

If you want to pursue real estate then you can get a job as an intern at a real estate firm. Even if you work for free, it's worth it because you'll learn a lot about the business and it'll help you build your resume. Don't sit around at home feeling sorry for yourself; take action!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have no college degree, but I tip kids like you with a chip on their shoulder while you wash my car. Your lack of college degree is not your problem. Your lack of getting your a$$ up off your Mom's couch and making something of your life is. Stop wearing your illness like a handicap, stop sitting around feeling sorry for yourself like the world owes you something, and get off your butt. I did some research and came up with a list of hundreds of people who made millions with no college degree. What's different between you and them? They weren't posting to strangers on a bulletin board site asking what to do with their lives.

I just gave you 5 minutes of my time that I will never get back. Stop waiting for life to randomly improve. It's not going to. Nobody is looking out for you. You either have to make your own way, or be resigned to washing my car for the rest of your life. Someone has to... that's the way society works. Are you a car washer, or a car owner?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jobs and college are not fastlane. College increases your intrinsic worth to someone else. Fastlane is about having control of your own income.

But since you don't have a college degree im sure you won't understand. Poor little guy. Your best solution is probably to go occupy wall street. :D

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Unfortunatly most jobs suck even with a college degree and due to the economy those high paying entrylevel jobs that they "promise you" are not there. 150k down and $10hr later you might find that your money was better spent else where.

Move to the west coast and make $40/hr sucking oil out of the ground. No education required.

If you are prepared to do extremely difficult and dangerous work in some of the worst weather conditions then go for it. I know a kid who started when he was 18 and now runs his own rig at 22. He makes well into the 6 figures and it required no education and the seasonality gives him alot of time off.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
"fastlane jobs" sounds like an oxymoron to me. Have you read the millionaire fastlane book yet? If not id start by reading that, its probably the best thing youll ever do. Since you like reading, you might also want to look at "Ten roads to riches"-ken fisher and "education of millionaires"-micheal ellsberg afterwards, theyre along the same lines but still nowhere near as good as TMF .

Get a job (any will do, just put up with it for a short while. Perhaps a job in sales will be useful though) and save up some cash to fund your fastlane business that solves a need and has the potential to scale and impact millions.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Go back to school, get a job and save while working on whatever idea you have.

G

GuestUser8117

Okay, do you know any links where we can apply? Preferably in alberta.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
If you want to pursue real estate then you can get a job as an intern at a real estate firm. Even if you work for free, it's worth it because you'll learn a lot about the business and it'll help you build your resume. Don't sit around at home feeling sorry for yourself; take action!

I estimate this advice is worth 1.5 to 2 million dollars.

Rep++ to you, sir.

Omerta... do as Darkside said.

Go to craigslist or other job listings in your area, look for real estate companies that are hiring, go there and offer to work for free for the next two months and offer them to hire you if things work out.

Do it now, that you don't have any responsibility, you are free, so make the most out of it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Really? do you want me to apply for you as well? And also do the work for you too?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Okay, do you know any links where we can apply? Preferably in alberta.

Really? do you want me to apply for you as well? And also do the work for you too? You need us to do anything else for you?

Or are you going to wake up and do something?

Calgary

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 28, 2011
You're an adult and you can't "SURF THE NET" to see if you can find a job over here? If you can't do something as simple as this by yourself, I wish you the best of luck in the rigs. Do you even KNOW how physically enduring it is to work in the rigs? It's usually 12 hour shifts with 2 hours of driving to and from the campsite. Depending on the type of work you want to do (EMT, Insulator, Boiler, Field Technician, Electrical Engineer, etc) it's gonna be a shit ton of work. Not only that, you're ISOLATED up there for weeks at a time. You do make good money (not sure what the wages/salaries are but my friends who work up there made 27k in 3 months as an insulator and 60K in 5 months as a boiler before taxes. During the winter time, it gets cold as **** up there where you face -35 Celsius temperatures and when it gets warm, they don't need half of you so you get laid off (unless you're in a union). Not only that, there are people here taking courses through SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) and still can't FIND a JOB after they graduate. Some people apply EVERYWHERE and if luck is on your side you'll be able to get an interview.

Chances are that someone like you who doesn't have a high self-esteem and don't bother to DO anything about it won't get a job. Even a guy I knew who's a complete idiot and didn't even finish Grade 11 and makes some of the most dumbest decisions in life (blowing 27k on alcohol, food, etc and only have a TV and a PS3 to show for the money he had/spent) and couldn't commit to ONE thing (Tried being a volunteer fireman, tried joining the military but dropped out before he got enrolled/enlisted?, make money off of youtube - (this guy just never went through with anything he had interest in) still got a job over there because he was good at taking orders. 1. He wanted a job. 2. He found out what the requirement was. 3. He took courses and got his certificates. 4. He applied everywhere. He may not be bright but at least he isn't a lazyass.

So I suggest to get up and so something. Stop being so emotional and think about your life in a LOGICAL way. Just think!

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I estimate this advice is worth 1.5 to 2 million dollars.

Rep++ to you, sir.

Omerta... do as Darkside said.

Go to craigslist or other job listings in your area, look for real estate companies that are hiring, go there and offer to work for free for the next two months and offer them to hire you if things work out.

Do it now, that you don't have any responsibility, you are free, so make the most out of it.

Thanks. He says he wants to study real estate, so it seemed obvious to me that there's no better way to learn about real estate than from people actually working in that industry; real world experience instead of taking courses on it, which is I think what he wants to do. If he shadows some quality real estate agents in his city, he can learn a lot in just a few months; after that he can set out on his own.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

You sound alot different than this post you made:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-business-discussion/35435-escape-rat-race.html#post185093

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

Anywho, if we're talking shit jobs;

I work 7 days a week, with usually 1 day off every two weeks. I more or less scrub toilets, make beds, and clean up some pretty nasty things left behind by guests at a hotel that I can't even afford to stay at.

When I get home, I'm right back 'working' and effectively double my salary.

You do what you have to do, or you do nothing at all and complain about it (I've done/not done both dozens of times). Simple choice.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

goodmusicguy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 6, 2011
Okay, I'm new here but not new to FLM or working for myself(20 yrs running and going through an engine change, as a result of reading FLM). So I'll bite: Omerta is not a 'real' person, I(and others, I'm sure) would venture to guess.

Some may be nurturing, encouraging - others, like Vigilante(amen,brother!), said it like it needs to be said. Any of 20-somethings with the attitude on display w/ the initial post merit the patience of a saint. I've done plenty of time in that realm and am less inclined to divy and parse it out without some qualification that displays an inclination of caring and a degree of talent.

So call a spade,a spade here.

If this was a sincere post, Omerta in for a rough, rough ride....

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Okay, I'm new here but not new to FLM or working for myself(20 yrs running and going through an engine change, as a result of reading FLM). So I'll bite: Omerta is not a 'real' person, I(and others, I'm sure) would venture to guess.

Some may be nurturing, encouraging - others, like Vigilante(amen,brother!), said it like it needs to be said. Any of 20-somethings with the attitude on display w/ the initial post merit the patience of a saint. I've done plenty of time in that realm and am less inclined to divy and parse it out without some qualification that displays an inclination of caring and a degree of talent.

So call a spade,a spade here.

If this was a sincere post, Omerta in for a rough, rough ride....

Holy crap man divy and parse? Really? :D Were all friends here except for Omerta.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
There's too many dogs out there and only a few bones left out to chew. You have to want it so badly that you will forget sleep, you will forge on, torture yourself to enjoy the happiness of money. If money is what you seek, then you will have to work hard for it. Some people rely on luck, but luck is not something I count on.

I have the months plan out this yr, and my business will go into operation in early 2013.

I have 10 k saved up now, that's my survival money to get what I want. I will be a millionaire soon, relatively speaking, but I worked hard for it. I used people, lied, schemed, change my race... even change my name to get what I want. I am possessed soul, don't be a loser and live for truth. Eat, indulge into the human carnal pleasures that this life has for you.

You're 20 yrs old. You have 10 yrs left until your "not young", you have only 40 working yrs left, the clock is ticking. The world is an economic depression, and it's only getting worse.... you want it, you better sell your soul for it. Sell it all, go homeless if you have too, but through brute work you might have a chance,... no guarantees, but you're better off with nothing than with everything.

I have a feeling you won't make it. You don't have an idea where to go... I always had a goal point. People tell me I won't make it all the time, but I made it. It's because I am smarter than the dimwits I see walking these streets.

G

GuestUser8117

Indeed, sounds like two different people. Curious.

I was very inspired by your book in my first post lol. Guess I'll have to work a shitty job to begin. Oh and I have a question for you Mj. What do you do with all that free time? You must be bored aren't you?

ryantreb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 4, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States

"Fastlane job" is an oxymoron. In essence, you're asking two different questions. Any ideas for a job and any ideas for a fastlane business.

If you want a J-O-B, you can join the military (any branch will do), learn IT/computers/programming. ETS from the military and work for a fastlaner as their IT guy.

If you want a fastlane business, read things written by entrepreneurs. I'm a fan of Tim Ferris, MJ DeMarco, Mark Cuban, Noah Kagan, and James Altucher.

If you need education and can't make yourself go to class, try thenewboston.org for programming or Khan Academy for the three R's (reading, writing, arithmetic).

In order to do any of these things, you're going to need motivation. It seems you're lacking in this area, so you may need to do some navel-gazing before starting anything to figure out WHY you want to do it.

tdt85

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 21, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
Why don't you go to a community college and chill there for a couple of years. You can get the financial aid which is like $5000 a year and at the same time you could take some courses and learn something. Then you can decide if you want to transfer to a 4-year school or go do something else. They accept everyone into community colleges so they'll take you too.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I was very inspired by your book in my first post lol. Guess I'll have to work a shitty job to begin.

So inspiration to you only lasts a little while and then you forget what you read? Read the book again then.

You are just like the person who watches a P90x commercial and then orders it and tries it for 2 days and quits. You will need to change this attitude if you are ever going to succeed in business. It's a slow and steady grind with ups and downs. If you lose inspiration on a downturn, you'll never make the hump.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.