The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is sh!t going to hit the fan?

Anything related to matters of the mind
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2022
This is a question regarding Ray “bear” Dalio’s economic outlook and what you would do in my position.

If you haven’t heard of Ray Dalio, he was the founder of the most successful hedge fund in history, Bridgewater associates, and just released a book titled “Principles for the changing world order”

(Here’s a video summing up the key points of the book if you haven’t read any of the book/ his linked in posts and want some context
View: https://youtu.be/xguam0TKMw8
)

All that to say, Ray Dalio’s outlook for the future of America in the long term (at least in our life times) isn’t to bright. Not to mention the conflicts and hard times we are headed for in the short term.

Currently I am a fitness guy; a personal trainer by trade. What I am really good at is fitness related things but admittedly, I still have room for improvement.

I was in route to getting my RN but unfortunately I made the dumb a$$ mistake to drink and drive august 2022 & now the probation period will post pone that venture by an additional 3 years + another 3 years to get my BSN (6 years total)

I was never really hell bent on being a nurse I just figured I would be good at it with my coaching back ground & it was a recession proof job.

Anyways what I’ve really wanted to do but didn’t want to restart my educational goals to getting an undergrad degree was electrical engineering. I feel it is also recession/ future proof + I LOVE science & physics + problem solving. Not to mention the skills I believe I would acquire with potential future business endeavors that would allow me to create a product not easily repilicable (Thinking of the “entry” in the CENTS model). This path would put me on a 3 year journey + about 40k into debt.

All that to say, what do you guys think the state of the world is headed? Do you think 5 years from now we’re headed into a time of large economic turmoil in the short term? Do you think I should buckle down in what I know (fitness) and do what I can there to achieve a million? Or am I not wrong to be afraid that something that’s mostly accountability Coaching, and easily substituted for free, is not the place the buckle down and move towards a million net worth? And if I know I would enjoy the process of acquiring an electric engineering degree, should I accept the probably postponement of achieving that net worth?

If you made it this far thank you for reading and I look forward to your response! I can say a lot more on the topic but I wanted to keep it as concise as possible. Again, thank you for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.