The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Network Marketing a Scam/Joke?

Marketing, social media, advertising
Status
Not open for further replies.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
I'm 20 guy studying computer science in college and looking to make some money.

I've read some threads here and in other forums but I don't understand if there are legimate network marketing companies or all network marketing "opportunities" are scams/jokes.

I mean is it possible to make real money selling products to people or let people under you sell those products to other people?
If lots of people sell the same stupid product, isn't there too much competition, is it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
I'm 20 guy studying computer science in college and looking to make some money.

I've read some threads here and in other forums but I don't understand if there are legimate network marketing companies or all network marketing "opportunities" are scams/jokes.

I mean is it possible to make real money selling products to people or let people under you sell those products to other people?
If lots of people sell the same stupid product, isn't there too much competition, is it?

Spend hours on hours building a unsustainable downline in a potentially saturated market full of subpar products........
or spend those same hours building something thats yours to keep and nurture and learn from that will be applicable for future ventures.....

Ill take MLM for 400 Alex......but seriously you may learn a few good skills. MAYBE

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Spend hours on hours building a unsustainable downline in a potentially saturated market full of subpar products........
or spend those same hours building something thats yours to keep and nurture and learn from that will be applicable for future ventures.....

Ill take MLM for 400 Alex......but seriously you may learn a few good skills. MAYBE

*my 2 cents

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016

Thanks! So you say better to work on your own business! Do you think instead Owning a Network marketing company is the best thing to do?

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Thanks! So you say better to work on your own business! Do you think instead Owning a Network marketing company is the best thing to do?

The old me would say yes.......the new me is going to say if you can truly provide good value MLM is an amazing marketing strategy. I dont know much about the structure but I think Network Marketing can be tricky to navigate legally.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
They're both. Herbalife (which my Facebook was full of Herbalife consultants the past couple years) just got hit with a $200 million lawsuit for pyramid scheme.

If you own a MLM company, yeah it's fastlane, but shady as f$&k.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
The old me would say yes.......the new me is going to say if you can truly provide good value MLM is an amazing marketing strategy. I dont know much about the structure but I think Network Marketing can be tricky to navigate legally.

I've found a MLM company where I live and it's been selling since 5 years.. but I don't know how legit can be

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
They're both. Herbalife (which my Facebook was full of Herbalife consultants the past couple years) just got hit with a $200 million lawsuit for pyramid scheme.

If you own a MLM company, yeah it's fastlane, but shady as f$&k.

I know about Herbalife, many people tried to sell those stupid products.. owning a MLM company can be great but yeah, I don't think it's an ethical money making way

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I've found a MLM company where I live and it's been selling since 5 years.. but I don't know how legit can be

You found one you are considering buying into? No. Hell no. Have you read the book? Working for an MLM violates half of the commandments.

You may make decent money, but not fastlane money.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Please read the forum rules pertaining to MLM discussions. Thread closed and moved to landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!