The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is my association with the term "deserve" holding me back?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Personally, @Ubermensch congratulates you for seeing the potential error of your ways

Lots of people hate on @Ubermensch, in real life, and on this forum. The haters and doubters in real life are of far more concern to @Ubermensch than the typed talks of tomfoolery from those that do not actually know @Ubermensch.

Because @Ubermensch has such a high degree of self-belief, self-love and self-appreciation, he acts accordingly.

@Roli believes @Ubermensch should dial back referring to himself in the third person :hilarious:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016
This mental block will be released when you release the negative self-judgement.

The question you want to ask yourself is "What does it mean about me if I am wealthy?" The answer you're looking for some negative self-label.
  • It means I am greedy.
  • It means that a hoarder.
It's this negative self judgement that has gotten in the way. You had an unconscious fear that if you are wealthy, it will mean something bad about you. It doesn't logically make sense, but deep down - that is where the problem was.

I know on the surface you know it's a good thing wealthy because you are an entrepreneur that helps people, and simply the fact that you're asking these questions and reading this right now means you're well on your way to already being wealthy.

But everyone knows these things, and the solution to your problem came when you dug down a little bit deeper, below the ground.

A seed was planted.

Before you were woken up to our way of thinking and living, some people planted some faulty seeds in your mind. I see this all the time with the people who don't get it like us. They don't realize that we provide value to people, and the only reason you are getting wealthy is because you are providing solutions to problems in their lives.

It's a same that you're so generous and they still point the fingers at you...

So your entire life, your teachers, friends, co-workers, society didn't understand this lesson, so they paint a picture of people with money as being greedy. They say we take more than our fair share. I think they do this because they don't understand that the more you give, the more you receive, and simply by the fact that you're giving more (in the form of your products or services), means that you are the complete opposite of being greedy.

I think it's fair to say now that you're a member of the Fastlane forum here, you can look down at all of them and see that maybe they are the greedy ones?

I mean, you are here ready to provide solutions to problems in the world. They are the ones that pay people like us the more for the solutions. If you're in a large enough market - you are the motivated go-getter who solves problems for hundreds of thousands (or even millions) of people.

And with this product or service you are offering - you wouldn't be able to scale your business and reach millions of people if you didn't put a price tag on your product.

The below diagram is from the logical levels of change. It's what I base all my transformation work off of, and tt the very top is your identity.

You act congruent with who you think you are.

So now that you shifted your identity from being a taker (the illusion of being greedy or taking more than your fair share), to the identity of a giver, who is solving problems - you can now see that as an entrepreneur, you are confident in what you are doing.

Regardless if other people are confused about what it means to make money. The people who planted the faulty seed in your mind are the very ones who water the seeds with the money they spend on products every day.

And simply by the fact that you can see this now means that you feel an obligation to go out and make some sales. Can't you?

So now, because you read all of this and you understand this, when you answer that question again: "What does it mean about you if you make money?" What positive identity do you have now?

View attachment 13792

P.S. People use "I deserve to be wealthy" and other positive affirmations to trick their brains into believing this new identity. Positive affirmations are like taking a pile of dog shit, covering it in frosting, and calling it a cupcake.

It's this negative self-judgement that you scooped up which was the issue all along.
Holy shit I just read this and it blew my mind. I have struggled with the same issue my whole life.. what people would think of me if I chase the money, and I really thought I was. But this is a paradigm shit.. I remember ICK saying the same thing in a different way. its a mindset shift that changed the way I view things.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Love this outlook

You should be. MJ is a rare breed, a winner as a entrepreneur, with an equal or even greater ability to describe the inner workings and mechanics of success in the economy.

That's a fair assessment. So, let's evaluate your question with the "matter-of-fact" part of our selves, rather than the "bleeding heart" part of it. After your rational mind creates wealth, you can appease your heart by starting non-profits and engaging in charity. If you think about it, engaging in charity is a natural extension of behavior for the wealthy, because - as it is in industry and enterprise - it boils down to finding needs, and developing a useful and effective process to meet and serve those needs.

Personally, @Ubermensch congratulates you for seeing the potential error of your ways, questioning them, and considering change. It is this skill that allows humans to dominate a planet full of predators and animals with far greater physical weapons.

To fully unleash the power of your mind, Ayn Rand understand that we humans needs to grow wings, yet most people grow weighted shackles in the place that they should've sprouted wings.

The sentiment you express in the OP exists in society, sometimes insidiously. For instance, you strike me as the sort of person who might complain about the "greed" of particular individuals or companies in industry, perhaps in Wall Street or other sectors. And the word "greed" is the most fatuously used word to explain a hackneyed idea. The concept of greed itself is a non-concept; greed is defined as "too much" desire for something.

The question is: Too much, according to who?

The point is: No one has the right to tell you how much you deserve, and anyone that uses the word greed tacitly assumes that he or she has some way of telling us all how much we deserve.

THAT'S why Gordon Gekkon and Milton Friedman rightfully tell us that greed is good.

On this forum, the phrase Does it hurt bad enough has a kind of reputation. You won't force yourself, the world - or the universe - to change, acknowledge your existence and give you what you want until your desire to do so forces actions that will logically produces results.

Lots of people hate on @Ubermensch, in real life, and on this forum. The haters and doubters in real life are of far more concern to @Ubermensch than the typed talks of tomfoolery from those that do not actually know @Ubermensch.

Because @Ubermensch has such a high degree of self-belief, self-love and self-appreciation, he acts accordingly.

Think about it like this. Have you ever been in love? Head-over-heels in love, like you would do anything for this person? Like you would die for this person, or kill for this person. Like no matter what happened in life, no matter what anyone said, you would do everything in your power to take care of this person.

Now, ask yourself, do you feel this way about yourself? Because if you really wanted to give someone that you love the sun, moon and stars, you would probably figure out that you need financial freedom to provide the freedom, the healthy lifestyle, the luxury, the fun, that your love deserves.

Love yourself. Re-awaken your inner child. Let her whisper her deepest desires to you. Pay attention when she talks. What does she really want?

Find out, and then fighting like hell to win will be an after-thought.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I love your post and the responses and you're right, "Deserve" can certainly take on a lot of meanings, based on the context it is used in. I believe that I deserve to be wealthy, but, I believe in order for me to obtain such, I deserve to get my a$$ up and work for what I desire. Lol.

I always say that life is NOT JUST about paying bills and dying, but indeed, we ought to work for what we desire and I know you raised the point that no one owes you anything, I fully agree with that. We each hold the power to make things happen regardless of our circumstances.

Sometimes we whine about not having the extreme luxuries of specific things to be successful in life and then someone who literally has nothing, invents something using neglected materials that solves problems, then it's like, "okay, what excuse we have?" Lol. So, I get where you're coming from and agree. We live in a world where applying ourselves with positive actions can get us ahead. No one owes us anything; however, we owe it to ourselves to do great things, it's definitely a free-will.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
I have two things I remind myself of all the time:

1) Everything that happen to me is my fault. I own it.
2) I am owed nothing. I deserve nothing. I have to earn everything that I get.

It keeps me focused and away from self-pity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.