@MJ DeMarco mentions in TMF that he sold ad space for limo companies and then changed his business model to pay per lead. I'm sure this happens to a lot of entrepreneurs still in the process of building their solution.
My business model began with 2 options - free basic advertising and paid advertising with more features. Long story short, the money is coming in even though consumers are reaching out to me to refer them to a business. Thus, I refer people, they work with these businesses, everybody benefits - except me.
I've decided to take every business listing's contact information down and replace it with my own to adjust the business into a pay-per-email-lead model. To ensure no confusion, I plan to meet with the 56 businesses already signed up to let them know about the change, give them a chance to opt out, sign a terms agreement and collect their CC info to get started sending people their way.
They are not going to like the fact that I'm replacing their contact info with my own. They will take advantage of me if I let them. However, I feel some type of way about saying "hey, I know we agreed on this originally, but I have to change it to this now. Is you in, or is you out?" But I have to draw the line somewhere.
How have you guys dealt with this?
My business model began with 2 options - free basic advertising and paid advertising with more features. Long story short, the money is coming in even though consumers are reaching out to me to refer them to a business. Thus, I refer people, they work with these businesses, everybody benefits - except me.
I've decided to take every business listing's contact information down and replace it with my own to adjust the business into a pay-per-email-lead model. To ensure no confusion, I plan to meet with the 56 businesses already signed up to let them know about the change, give them a chance to opt out, sign a terms agreement and collect their CC info to get started sending people their way.
They are not going to like the fact that I'm replacing their contact info with my own. They will take advantage of me if I let them. However, I feel some type of way about saying "hey, I know we agreed on this originally, but I have to change it to this now. Is you in, or is you out?" But I have to draw the line somewhere.
How have you guys dealt with this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
