The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Forex Trading Fastlane?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Ananouser2003

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 13, 2023
Hello Guys I'm new here and I have Question, is forex tradinbg slowlane where it take all of your life for then to enjoy last miserable years? or if put the work in be a fastlane where I can become rich "quick" let say in 10-15 years?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
Hello Guys I'm new here and I have Question, is forex tradinbg slowlane where it take all of your life for then to enjoy last miserable years? or if put the work in be a fastlane where I can become rich "quick" let say in 10-15 years?
I see these forex ads and I think they are required to disclose this, so I can see in their ads that 75-85% of retail investors lose money on forex trading (according to the ads of these forex trading platforms, lol).

So you will probably lose money using these platforms and "forex robots".

If you want to make money, you should be a computer programmer and write your own, unique trading software which is better than the market (very hard task). Do you know computer programming, data science and AI? But even with a custom software you compete with larger teams who have multiple programmers and AI-experts (like hedge funds and trading firms) and huge capital.

My friend works at a trading firm and they have a large team and huge capital. He is a computer programmer, he develops the trading firm's proprietary software on a team. This kind of software is not available to retail investors, so if you want to beat them, you need to write your own software, but for example this trading firm has hundreds of staff and 20+ years of experience. Of course they won't make their software available, since they make money with it.

TL;DR: I don't recommend forex trading for you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I've written 3 books (Technically 4) that amounts to nearly 1/2 million words.

Can you point me exactly in any of those books where I mention FOREX as a Fastlane?

I'll wait. (Forever).

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I've written 3 books (Technically 4) that amounts to nearly 1/2 million words.

Can you point me exactly in any of those books where I mention FOREX as a Fastlane?

I'll wait. (Forever).
You must have some real patience to wait that long:rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The only Forex Fastlane is selling the Forex Fantasy to fools through expensive courses and training.

Let's be clear: If someone mastered the currency markets, which is TRILLIONS daily, you could become a billionaire in a few short years. There's no need to sell your secret sauce for $599, because you could be making $59,999 every second if your trading strategy actually worked.

But then again, maybe Billy in Tulsa Oklahoma CAN out-compete and out-smart JP Morgan and the Bank of China. :rofl:

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
The only Forex Fastlane is selling the Forex Fantasy to fools through expensive courses and training.

Let's be clear: If someone mastered the currency markets, which is TRILLIONS daily, you could become a billionaire in a few short years. There's no need to sell your secret sauce for $599, because you could be making $59,999 every second if your trading strategy actually worked.

But then again, maybe Billy in Tulsa Oklahoma CAN out-compete and out-smart JP Morgan and the Bank of China. :rofl:
The "secret sauce" is a custom-made software, like I mentioned my friend above who works at a proprietary trading company.

They develop their in-house software and they use their own money when trading.

Of course they don't sell any online course or custom software. Since their software is effective, they use it for themselves to make money. It is more profitable than renting the software.

So yes, it's suspicious when someone is selling their golden goose trading software for you to make millions... If the software was really that effective, they wouldn't sell it to anyone.

So the only way to beat them is by developing your own, better software. But here the "entry" part is very problematic, you need a team of programmers, data scientists, AI experts and huge capital. And you would compete against huge investment banks, hedge funds and trading firms with deep pockets (=billions of dollars).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Of course they don't sell any online course or custom software. Since their software is effective, they use it for themselves to make money. It is more profitable than renting the software.

Bingo. If you master Forex, you make money, there's no need to sell it.

If someone is selling a Forex secret sauce, it's no secret sauce. Here's a peek at their revenue:

Forex trading profits: $500 (or worse)
Forex trading courses profits: $5,000,000.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I mean, there are giant firms doing forex trading but they're playing the game on a level that is hard to comprehend.

They hire the smartest people from the best universities. These smart people build complex algorithms to buy and sell currencies and foreign exchange instruments. They create instruments that are bought by the biggest funds in the world. They provide broker services for schmucks who want to get into buying and selling forex.

They're undoubtedly Fastlane (they control their operation, very few can start what they're doing, there's a need for their instruments and services, it's bigger than any one individual and the scale is on the order of trillions of dollars in volume per year), but sitting in your room with 3 monitors looking at charts buying and selling currencies just isn't the same thing.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If you manage money for clients then yes.

If not no.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Its easy to test that. Invest 100usd, if you trade them to 200 within a week, and to 400 within another week, than go for it.
If you can make a trading software, which makes 10% a month, use it, when you make one making 3 % a month, sell the software!

Boy Muhammad

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 10, 2022
Kebbi, Nigeria

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders