The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Africa the new China?

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
This year I visited Sri Lanka and noticed that there's a lot of Chinese investment going on there. Yesterday I stumbled upon a podcast about Africa being the new factory for China. Was in that moment that I realised why I saw so many Chinese investments in Sri Lanka. Everything made sense. Apparently not only Africa is the new land of riches for the Chinese but also countries in Asia, like Sri Lanka. Pretty interesting how the world is evolving and how China views the world...

Why Africa Is The World's Next Manufacturing Powerhouse

Is anyone having direct relationships with African countries for the supply side? What's been the challenges? Curious to know...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Africa is a continent with many different economies/countries. It isn't reasonable to lump all African countries together. I didn't click on the link because of this as it seems misleading.
China (the Chinese government) has been investing heavily there recentl, in various countries.
Sri Lanka is growing as a holiday destination for Aussies.
Hope this helps your perspective.

Last edited:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I thought India was the new China?

As for Africa... it has potential for major growth and could become a manufacturing hub considering its advantageous location & young population, however it has to sort out its infrastructure and leadership problems first. Until those two things are sorted, it won't happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.