• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Is Africa the new China?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by John P., Nov 13, 2018.

1. John P.

John P. New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $158
    This year I visited Sri Lanka and noticed that there's a lot of Chinese investment going on there. Yesterday I stumbled upon a podcast about Africa being the new factory for China. Was in that moment that I realised why I saw so many Chinese investments in Sri Lanka. Everything made sense. Apparently not only Africa is the new land of riches for the Chinese but also countries in Asia, like Sri Lanka. Pretty interesting how the world is evolving and how China views the world...

Why Africa Is The World's Next Manufacturing Powerhouse

Is anyone having direct relationships with African countries for the supply side? What's been the challenges? Curious to know...

2. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,495
    Africa is a continent with many different economies/countries. It isn't reasonable to lump all African countries together. I didn't click on the link because of this as it seems misleading.
    China (the Chinese government) has been investing heavily there recentl, in various countries.
    Sri Lanka is growing as a holiday destination for Aussies.
    Hope this helps your perspective.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    John P. likes this.
  3. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,824
    I thought India was the new China?

As for Africa... it has potential for major growth and could become a manufacturing hub considering its advantageous location & young population, however it has to sort out its infrastructure and leadership problems first. Until those two things are sorted, it won't happen.

ZF Lee and John P. like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.