Stélio Pedro C
New Contributor
Hello everybody, my name is Stélio I’m from Maputo/Mozambique in Africa I’m making this post to introduce myself and sharing a little bit of my story and my country.
4 years ago I made the decision to learn English(we speck Portuguese in Mozambique) but I didn’t went to the traditional “English schools” because I knew they’re a waste of time and money, so I decided to learn it alone, for 2 years I spent 5/6 hours Listening English conversation in YouTube, audio books and reading anything in English, it was hard by step by step in learned and I’m still learning. Learning English changed my life, I started to rebooks(self development and entrepreneurship), 3 months ago I read Unscripted (recommended by some YouTube guy), than I read the Millionaire Fastlane and my God these books are fantastic.
1 week before reading Unscripted I quit my job, I was working a 9-5 job(yes I learned that to) in a insurance company, I was at claims department a stressful job, long hours low payment, I was earning an equivalent to 257 USD per month, I worked there for two years and with my little savings I invested in a small furniture business with two partners.
The business is still very small but some day it will grow but now I know it violates the Fastlane commandments, because know I work in the this business and right now I’m seeing possibilities to future passivity so maybe I will need to start other business, maybe something in the internet but only 8% of the population in my country have access to the internet(yes this is a one of poorest countries in the world).
I’m 26 now I didn’t finish my formal education and I not pretend to back to college, learning English alone proved me that you can educate yourself, I want to learn the skills need to be an entrepreneur and I believe I will accomplish that. I’m not good at ideias but I’m starting to look for opportunities and problems to solve, it’s not ease but I will get there.
I know it’s not going to be ease but the dream of freedom it’s worthy.
4 years ago I made the decision to learn English(we speck Portuguese in Mozambique) but I didn’t went to the traditional “English schools” because I knew they’re a waste of time and money, so I decided to learn it alone, for 2 years I spent 5/6 hours Listening English conversation in YouTube, audio books and reading anything in English, it was hard by step by step in learned and I’m still learning. Learning English changed my life, I started to rebooks(self development and entrepreneurship), 3 months ago I read Unscripted (recommended by some YouTube guy), than I read the Millionaire Fastlane and my God these books are fantastic.
1 week before reading Unscripted I quit my job, I was working a 9-5 job(yes I learned that to) in a insurance company, I was at claims department a stressful job, long hours low payment, I was earning an equivalent to 257 USD per month, I worked there for two years and with my little savings I invested in a small furniture business with two partners.
The business is still very small but some day it will grow but now I know it violates the Fastlane commandments, because know I work in the this business and right now I’m seeing possibilities to future passivity so maybe I will need to start other business, maybe something in the internet but only 8% of the population in my country have access to the internet(yes this is a one of poorest countries in the world).
I’m 26 now I didn’t finish my formal education and I not pretend to back to college, learning English alone proved me that you can educate yourself, I want to learn the skills need to be an entrepreneur and I believe I will accomplish that. I’m not good at ideias but I’m starting to look for opportunities and problems to solve, it’s not ease but I will get there.
I know it’s not going to be ease but the dream of freedom it’s worthy.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
