The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is a digital marketing agency a Fastlane business?

Marketing, social media, advertising

ajlall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 29, 2022
I'm in the process of starting a digital marketing agency, and I don't know whether it is a Fastlane business or not. I get clients on a monthly retainer, and every month I pay a freelancer to do the work for the clients, so I don't spend much time doing actual work(in theory). I started working on it before I came across the Millionare Fastlane, and I just want to know whether I should make this my main income stream or work on a better business model. Here's how it compares to the NECST commandments:

Need: Small businesses need to expand their marketing online to keep their businesses growing/afloat because of the pandemic and the increasing spread of the Internet.
Entry: There's plenty of competition in the digital marketing industry, and I even got the idea from an Iman Gadzhi video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRGkMeITVU&t=1334s
. It is, however, a pretty long process to actually get the business up and running(for me at least).
Control: I'll own the business and make all the business decisions.
Scale: I can easily scale past my local area(which I'm targeting as of now) because my business offers online services. The profit I'll theoretically get from each client is roughly a couple hundred dollars, but I can change that as my services get better. I can take on a pretty large number of clients(theoretically) because I can just hire more freelancers or give one freelancer more clients.
Time: I've organized everything and have streamlined the outreach process, and once I start the business I'll try to automate as much as I can. Additionally, I'm opening the business with a friend, and I'm thinking that if this business isn't a Fastlane business, I can probably just shoulder all the work onto him, and use the extra time to start a Fastlane business(basically withdrawing from the company while taking a good chunk of the profits for some passive income).

This is my first time doing anything even remotely entrepreneurial, so please give me some different perspectives on this business model.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
As an agency, you're just reselling labour and the labour typically scales proportionally with the revenue. You're not going to get the same scale economics as some examples in TMF, like "if I sell 10,000 units per month, and I want to give myself a $20,000/month raise, I can just increase the price by $2/unit".

Unless you are getting a commission per unit sold, or some other way of detaching the money made from the time put into it.

That being said, agencies can have amazing margins, get quite large, and be very successful. If this is your first business, great model to "cut your teeth on" and learn skills that will transfer into a truly Fastlane business later.

ajlall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 29, 2022
As an agency, you're just reselling labour and the labour typically scales proportionally with the revenue. You're not going to get the same scale economics as some examples in TMF, like "if I sell 10,000 units per month, and I want to give myself a $20,000/month raise, I can just increase the price by $2/unit".

Unless you are getting a commission per unit sold, or some other way of detaching the money made from the time put into it.

That being said, agencies can have amazing margins, get quite large, and be very successful. If this is your first business, great model to "cut your teeth on" and learn skills that will transfer into a truly Fastlane business later.
Thanks so much!

ajlall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 29, 2022

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
First, quit watching Iman Ghadzi, it’s a waste of time for starry-eyed desperate kids. I literarily don’t know of even a single respectable agency owner who even knows him, much less follows in his path.

You should look less for flashy, in-your-face stuff and more for things that actually work and get results. It’s sort of choosing the dirty, poorly clad mechanic with oil all over his face over the fancy and sleek mechanic dressed in a suit. One of them is trying very hard to create a good impression - BECAUSE HIS PRODUCT SUCKS - and the other is busy getting dirty and getting things done. Learn from doers, not salespeople.

Second, an agency can be fastlane provided you come from a systems-building approach, know how to build & manage larger teams, and build an agency that you can sell. Agencies still sell for 5-10x annual revenues… so if you scale an agency to $500K/yr you can sell for $2.5M-5M which is a nice lump sum.

Having said that, an agency isn’t fastlane BY NATURE. Meaning that you have to create the barrier to entry - through your network, through your contacts, through your intellectual property. And you have to create the SCALE and TIME - by knowing how to secure customers without investing your own time AND how to extract maximum value from your existing customers.

To make it fastlane you need to stop treating your agency like a “side hustle” and start treating it like a real business. A real business is something important, something that consumes your entire life. It’s like a child - you gotta believe in it even when no one does, even when things may look hopeless.

Here are a few threads that you should find helpful in your journey:
MARKETING - Stats + How to Master LinkedIn For Outbound Appointment Setting in 2022/3
SIDE HUSTLE - 3 Steps to Create an Irresistible Message to Market Your Agency

In addition feel free to check out my profile for the free training I did for agency owners about 1 year back or follow me on LinkedIn.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any business concept pushed by some over-hyped guru is a business concept you want to avoid.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm in the process of starting a digital marketing agency, and I don't know whether it is a Fastlane business or not. I get clients on a monthly retainer, and every month I pay a freelancer to do the work for the clients, so I don't spend much time doing actual work(in theory). I started working on it before I came across the Millionare Fastlane, and I just want to know whether I should make this my main income stream or work on a better business model. Here's how it compares to the NECST commandments:

Need: Small businesses need to expand their marketing online to keep their businesses growing/afloat because of the pandemic and the increasing spread of the Internet.
Entry: There's plenty of competition in the digital marketing industry, and I even got the idea from an Iman Gadzhi video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRGkMeITVU&t=1334s
. It is, however, a pretty long process to actually get the business up and running(for me at least).
Control: I'll own the business and make all the business decisions.
Scale: I can easily scale past my local area(which I'm targeting as of now) because my business offers online services. The profit I'll theoretically get from each client is roughly a couple hundred dollars, but I can change that as my services get better. I can take on a pretty large number of clients(theoretically) because I can just hire more freelancers or give one freelancer more clients.
Time: I've organized everything and have streamlined the outreach process, and once I start the business I'll try to automate as much as I can. Additionally, I'm opening the business with a friend, and I'm thinking that if this business isn't a Fastlane business, I can probably just shoulder all the work onto him, and use the extra time to start a Fastlane business(basically withdrawing from the company while taking a good chunk of the profits for some passive income).

This is my first time doing anything even remotely entrepreneurial, so please give me some different perspectives on this business model.
Iman had made his money by selling a course over and over again. If you take MJs equation.

Wealth = Units Sold x Unit Profit
Wealth = Students (Units Sold) x $1,500 (Unit Profit, high margin by the way)

So with a YouTube Channel as a traffic source to amass millions of views. Your Law of Effection is massive and the road to wealth is possible, thus him selling a course amassing tons of money.

Jordan Platten does the same thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.