The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Austin Antonelli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My name is Austin and I am new to the forum. I stumbled onto MJ's first book about a month ago and read it in about a week after I started it. The information and perspective of that book is essential to my development and for that MJ, I thank you. As a 21 year old who has always had pieces the fastlane puzzle, but never enough to make any sense of it, the book was extremely refreshing. I immediately felt like I could trust the information I was consuming. I look forward to reading MJ's second book.
Before I truly embraced the idea of taking a route "off the beaten path", I had a strong gut feeling that it would be wise to build an online business. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I believe my gut feeling was correct. However searching for truths in an ocean of fake gurus and BS has been taxing on my confidence, and often I feel as if my progress is behind where it should be. The pressure of wanting to get my fastlane ball rolling weighs heavy on my mind. While I have acquired more pieces to this puzzle, I still look at them with a blank face. I have not started any businesses because I want my first one to be built on a strong foundation of knowledge and potential.
As I write this I can't help but feel like a toddler walking into a high school. There are a few questions I'd like to ask to anybody experienced and kind enough to give me some insight;

1.) If you are along your path of internet business, how did you initially choose your path?
2.) What are some skills that are vital to starting on online business?
3.) What is your best piece of advice to someone trying to get into internet business at an entry level?

I feel like I should state that by no means am I looking for someone to give me all the answers. I understand this path is not easy and requires trial and error, commitment and perseverance. It is a path that I most likely will have to walk alone for the most part. I am simply a little lost at the moment. As the clock ticks I question myself and my dreams because even though I am always thinking about these things and trying to educate myself I have nothing to show for it right now.
To anyone who reads this and replies, I would like to say thank you in advance. I appreciate any input, positive or negative. And MJ, thank you so much for writing about this topic. It has really made me feel like my dreams are possible. When I do find my way, I will not forget the part you played in it.

Thank you,
Austin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Welcome friend :)

1.) If you are along your path of internet business, how did you initially choose your path?
2.) What are some skills that are vital to starting on online business?
3.) What is your best piece of advice to someone trying to get into internet business at an entry level?

1) I've always been interested in social media and growing audiences organically, in the past 10 years I've probably grown over 10 million followers across all social networks. Social media/inbound marketing is something I enjoy as it doesn't require paid ads but still can yield insane results. I enjoy connecting with an audience and being able to make people feel better about their day.

2) Grit! A positive mindset is essential too, as I'm learning thanks to FLF. I've had a rough year and never performed as bad as when I was stuck in a negative mindset without even properly realising and reflecting on how I react to things!

3) Don't spend tonnes on paid ads to attract customers, instead work on engaging with people and understanding your audience.

Ask for help where you need it and be honest about what's going on :) You have to lay everything out to get the best advice!

Austin Antonelli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 9, 2019
Welcome friend :)

1) I've always been interested in social media and growing audiences organically, in the past 10 years I've probably grown over 10 million followers across all social networks. Social media/inbound marketing is something I enjoy as it doesn't require paid ads but still can yield insane results. I enjoy connecting with an audience and being able to make people feel better about their day.

2) Grit! A positive mindset is essential too, as I'm learning thanks to FLF. I've had a rough year and never performed as bad as when I was stuck in a negative mindset without even properly realising and reflecting on how I react to things!

3) Don't spend tonnes on paid ads to attract customers, instead work on engaging with people and understanding your audience.

Ask for help where you need it and be honest about what's going on :) You have to lay everything out to get the best advice!

Thank you for your response it is greatly appreciated! :)

1.) Wow, that is quite a feat! Good for you! I have also had similar ideas regarding social media. As there are many ways to monetize content when you have an audience. The biggest reason I haven't is because I don't know what type of page I would try to create, and I don't know how to "market" myself to grow a personal following based around myself.

2.)I have been working hard trying to get my mind right. Overall my mindset is positive but I struggle daily with focusing on the negatives of everything.

3.)Good advice for sure. I have spent some money already on ads for things and it was equal to setting my money on fire. Word of mouth from happy customers definitely seems more powerful.

This forum was a good find for sure. I will be using it more in the future. Thank you for my first positive interaction!

D

Deleted74396

Thank you for your response it is greatly appreciated! :)

1.) Wow, that is quite a feat! Good for you! I have also had similar ideas regarding social media. As there are many ways to monetize content when you have an audience. The biggest reason I haven't is because I don't know what type of page I would try to create, and I don't know how to "market" myself to grow a personal following based around myself.

2.)I have been working hard trying to get my mind right. Overall my mindset is positive but I struggle daily with focusing on the negatives of everything.

3.)Good advice for sure. I have spent some money already on ads for things and it was equal to setting my money on fire. Word of mouth from happy customers definitely seems more powerful.

This forum was a good find for sure. I will be using it more in the future. Thank you for my first positive interaction!

You can always just find something that is trending and make a page around that. I did that and experienced huge growth, almost a million likes in a year! The hardest part is sticking through the starting stage, I'd even advise paying for an initial 250-1000 likes. It was harder to go from 0 to 100 likes than 25k to 50k for example!

I'm only 22 so around your age and even though I thought I had a positive mindset when I looking into it I realised I didn't. I was stressing about everything and letting my emotions control me, without even being present and making myself feel how I want to feel.

If you are stressing about the future which leads to you focusing on the negatives, I found this article about trusting in uncertainty useful

If you’re truly immersed in the present moment, there wouldn’t be any reason to fixate on what might be coming. But I suspect it’s inevitable we’ll do that from time to time. We’re only human, after all.

Maybe a better suggestion is a combination of being in the moment and trusting in the one to follow.

We can’t always control what it will look like, but we can know that more often than not, it will lead to something good if we’re open to it. When it doesn’t, we’ll get through it—and faster if we haven’t already overwhelmed ourselves with what-ifs and worst-case scenarios.

By catching myself when I begin to feel negative towards or about something, I can almost take a step back and come back to being present with a focus on the emotion I want to feel, and an attitude that supports that. I hope that helps a bit!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had a strong gut feeling that it would be wise to build an online business. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane, I believe my gut feeling was correct.

Actually I see a lot of opportunity in B&M space, local communities, now moreso than the internet space. When I wrote TMF , it was a different time so I don't necessarily agree (NOW) with that the online space is the only way to go.

Welcome aboard.

Austin Antonelli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 9, 2019
Actually I see a lot of opportunity in B&M space, local communities, now moreso than the internet space. When I wrote TMF , it was a different time so I don't necessarily agree (NOW) with that the online space is the only way to go.

Welcome aboard.
Hi MJ! Would you mind elaborating on that? Do you say that because of over saturation in online business?

Also, what are your thoughts on coding? I have been learning code (Python specifically) in hopes that I can turn it into a paying hobby or career. It seems to me that coding is a skill in high demand, with many different applications and opportunities to generate money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...