What's new

Introducing Me - Mandatory Introduction Requirement

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

GeeTee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
TL:DR : I'm new. See journey below.

I didn't really want to do an introduction because I've always been a dreamer and a talker, but not an executer, and I fear that I get enough of a kick from dreaming and talking that I never had to execute... and that if I talk without action, I'm not really helping anyone and just another wantrepreneur or something, but here goes:

Like many others, I stumbled over here after reading The Millionaire Fastlane . I don't really remember how I found the book, but had just finished reading The Four Hour Work Week and I think this was suggested by Amazon.

At first I was a little dubious about the title, as it seemed just like a million other get rich quick schemes I've been pitched in the past, but one day I had finished all my other unread Kindle books so picked it up.

It was such a relief that this was not just the same as a million other schemes, but actually put words to ideas and thoughts I've had... Like Neo feeling like he was in a dream that he was ready to wake up from, I was desperately tired and frustrated with my string of dead end jobs. It seemed I had settled without really deciding to, and I'm not sure when that happened.

You see, I've had moments of clarity where I awoke from the stupor, only to slip back in. When I was 18-24 I was determined to start something on my own, but being completely paralysed by indecision I just took jobs to pay the bills in the meantime while I figured things out.

I always talked big. I've had some of the biggest ideas, but I couldn't work out why I had no success. Friends and family always doubted my ideas and told me they were impossible or no good, but over the years I noticed that other people often managed to implement my ideas a few years later with huge success, so maybe I wasn't wrong and my friends and family were? But I guess my self doubt meant that as soon as one person told me an idea was no good, I would just drop it and move on to the next idea... while never actually trying!

Well that's not exactly true. A few years back I came up with an idea for a dating app that plugs into Facebook and lets you anonymously match with friends you like... I hired a developer on Elance.com and paid him... we got the product almost completed, but then he started insisting on me paying for the next piece of work up front. In my trust and excitement I did this, only for him to disappear completely, ignoring my calls/emails/skype messages. In the end I gave up on him and took what I had to a friend who does web apps and had him check, and he basically said the work I'd paid for was rubbish and I would be better off starting from scratch, so I just dropped it (although it turns out that the Facebook API's have been useful for a friend who's been doing some work on another Facebook app in his spare time so he has some stuff to copy).

I was on holiday a few years back and read TFHWW... it seemed that when I was on holiday I was energised with ideas and very motivated, but as soon as I got back to work that imagination and motivation left me. Rinse and repeat for the past 6 years... Stuck in a job I hated, where my skills and talents are not put to good use, completely undervalued and treated very poorly, it was only a matter of time before something broke, and last year I was at home one night and started getting chest pains, dizzy, irregular heartbeat etc. and thought I was having a heart attack. As a reasonably active/healthy 38 year old this was major, but it turned out it was actually a panic attack. I didn't know what caused it, but then a few months ago I met someone who had done some life and relationship coaching and we got talking about life and something he said stuck with me. He could see that I was waiting for an opportunity to be handed to me on a gold platter.

I'm a Christian and we're taught to believe that God has good things in store for those that love Him, however in this discussion it turned out that I was misreading this to absolve me of responsibility for my life. I've always played by the rules, no sex before marriage, no drugs, etc. and expected that God would do it all so I didn't have to put any effort in (obviously I didn't consciously think this, but I lived as if this were true); but then I'd see people who don't follow any of these rules doing very well for themselves and it really messed me up to the point where I started to question my beliefs. This was also the cause of my anxiety.

My friend explained that I'm the only one responsible for my life, and that God never built us to be robots (now I don't expect everyone to agree with these points, but I believe the underlying belief of taking responsibility for your own life is key whether you believe in God or not).

This was a bit of a wake up call, and I'm still getting to terms with it - I always talk about head knowledge and heart knowledge. Head knowledge is something you know, but heart knowledge is so ingrained that you live from that place without having to think about it.

In the last 3 weeks a few significant things happened that made taking the plunge a whole lot easier for me.

1. Work started to suck really badly. We had a meeting one day where we discussed our processes and making sure we're communicating any changes and the next day the boss made a change without telling anyone, only to swear at me when I told him I was frustrated at him making changes without communicating... And then did it 2 more times straight after, each time being caught out only to do it again.

2. I was listening to a song on the radio that took me back 20 odd years and had a moment of reflection - what would 19yr old me think of the loser that is 39yr old me?

3. I've been saving for a holiday, and one part of that was cancelled which meant I have enough to cover me for 3 months when I get back from holiday, and have a race car I can sell which would pay for an additional 2-3 months.

4. I made some time to think about what I would do if I won the lottery... and then worked backwards from there (More about this later), along with input from The Millionaire Fastlane (and TFHWW if I'm honest) I came up with a plan.

Additionally I happened to bump into a friend of mine who runs his own successful business producing a product for sale, and it clicked that he actually has less imagination and less skills/intelligence to be able to succeed than I do (when I look at some of his decisions they're pretty dumb) - not to put him down, but just if he can make it work then so can I.

And so I resigned from my job. Much to everyone's surprise, but I have to do this - I know I won't actually get anything done without being in a place where I have to make it work, and have to take responsibility. I'm backing myself to win - I know I can do this.

The plan:

I've always been someone full of ideas. I love solving problems, and as a jack of all trades can jump from one sub-culture/genre/business to another very easily. I would love to work with people in all these different areas (one at a time), creating a product or solution, then move on to the next. This solves my problem of getting bored easily, and I've come to realise I actually have good ideas. The Fastlane part of this is to design once, move on whilst still taking royalties on previous ideas which are in the market. I worked backwards from there and realized I need to build credibility before anyone will work with me, so I need a track record. I stopped dreaming about the above goal at this point and from a list of ideas a mile long, picked one that I can get to prototype stage without external input.

It's a development of an item I made for my race car but is easy enough for me to design and 3d print a prototype of. I've already made one set of prototypes and begun testing if the idea is feasible, and on holiday intend to do some AB testing of the product, website, name, logo etc.

I will not be posting any more about this until I have my first sale (pre-order?) - I figure this is a good way to ensure I don't get any emotional validation without actually doing something!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Ximduni!
Ov tiint vjev zua huv vjopht tivvmif uav epf esi ecuav vu fu tuni tvagg! Liiq aq xovj ov.
O'n e Djsotvoep epf xi'si veahjv vu cimoiwi vjev Huf jet huuf vjopht op tvusi gus vjuti vjev muwi Jon, juxiwis op vjot fotdattoup ov vaspif uav vjev O xet notsiefoph vjot vu ectumwi ni ug sitquptocomovz gus nz mogi. O'wi emxezt qmezif cz vji samit, pu tiy cigusi nessoehi, pu fsaht, ivd. epf iyqidvif vjev Huf xuamf fu ov emm tu O fofp'v jewi vu qav epz iggusv op (ucwouatmz O fofp'v duptdouatmz vjopl vjot, cav O mowif et og vjot xisi vsai); cav vjip O'f tii qiuqmi xju fup'v gummux epz ug vjiti samit fuoph wisz ximm gus vjintimwit epf ov siemmz nittif ni aq vu vji quopv xjisi O tvesvif vu raitvoup nz cimoigt. Vjot xet emtu vji deati ug nz epyoivz.
O'n e Djsotvoep vuu, epf miv ni tez vjev xepvseqsipiasem vipfipdoit us edvoup geloph otp'v katv monovif vu ipvsiqsipiast. Vuu cef O guapf uav vji jesf xez.

Effovoupemmz O jeqqipif vu canq opvu e gsoipf ug nopi xju sapt jot uxp taddittgam catopitt qsufadoph e qsufadv gus temi, epf ov dmodlif vjev ji edvaemmz jet mitt onehopevoup epf mitt tlommt/opvimmohipdi vu ci ecmi vu taddiif vjep O fu (xjip O muul ev tuni ug jot fidotoupt vjiz'si qsivvz fanc) - puv vu qav jon fuxp, cav katv og ji dep neli ov xusl vjip tu dep O.
Og ji tivvmit EPZ ug iwip e GIX ug vji DIPVT dunnepfnipvt,itqidoemmz Piif epf Dupvsum, vjip ji't puv vjev fanc.
Epf zit, og ji dep neli ov xusl, tu zua dep. Moli vji sietupoph vjisi.

Og zua'f moli, vji humf epf puvecmi vjsieft esi eweomecmi, epf ug duasti, og zua xepv, APTDSOQVIF ot eweomecmi gus e nusi jumotvod woix ug vjopht.

Hsiev opvsufadvoup epf ximduni vu vji gusan nz gsoipf.

Jiz HiiVii, ximduni vu vji gusan; zua jewi miespv tuni siemmz wemaecmi mittupt gsun zuas qistupem iyqisoipdit epf zua xipv vjsuahj e hsiev nopftiv djephi pidittesz vu qav zua xjisi zua piif vu ci, xjodj ot taqis duum.

O xotj zua emm vji citv up zuas ipvsiqsipiasoem raitv.

Ximduni!
Ov tiint vjev zua huv vjopht tivvmif uav epf esi ecuav vu fu tuni tvagg! Liiq aq xovj ov.

O'n e Djsotvoep vuu, epf miv ni tez vjev xepvseqsipiasem vipfipdoit us edvoup geloph otp'v katv monovif vu ipvsiqsipiast. Vuu cef O guapf uav vji jesf xez.

Og ji tivvmit EPZ ug iwip e GIX ug vji DIPVT dunnepfnipvt,itqidoemmz Piif epf Dupvsum, vjip ji't puv vjev fanc.
Epf zit, og ji dep neli ov xusl, tu zua dep. Moli vji sietupoph vjisi.

Og zua'f moli, vji humf epf puvecmi vjsieft esi eweomecmi, epf ug duasti, og zua xepv, APTDSOQVIF ot eweomecmi gus e nusi jumotvod woix ug vjopht.

Vjeplt gus vji xesn ximduni.

Et gus nz gsoipf, O fofp'v siemmz xepv vu qav jon fuxp op epz xez - ji't fuoph wisz ximm gus jontimg (tino-getv mepi O haitt), cav katv piifif vu dupgis vji siemotevoup! O haitt ov xet raovi tacvmi epf katv puvodoph fidotoupt ji nefi epf vji qsifodenipvt vjiz huv jon op epf O siemotif vjev O xuamfp'v jewi nefi vjuti notvelit (cav qsucecmz xuamf jewi nefi uvjist cz cioph vuu tegi O haitt).

O'wi ciip duptanoph vji humf epf puvecmi vjsieft epf qmep up siefoph Aptdsoqvif fasoph nz aqdunoph vsoq.

Upi vjoph O fof puvodi op emm vji vjsieft O'wi sief ot vjev vjisi esi e muv ug upmopi timmoph catopittit vemlif ecuav, xjodj ot exituni et O qmep vu timm nz huuft upmopi opovoemmz tu vji opgusnevoup ot wemaecmi, juxiwis O fup'v tii nadj veml ug iyov tvsevihz - xjodj O vjopl ot vji amvonevi figopoph qoidi ug vji Getvmepi fudvsopi. O vjopl ov't tu ietz vu vasp e catopitt opvu epuvjis kuc vsefoph voni gus nupiz, tu ov ot liz vu liiq vji wotoup dmies epf duptvepvmz sinopf upitimg vjev vjot ot e niept vu ep ipf, puv nz pix kuc.

Katv dupdipvsevi up caomfoph e tatveopecmi catopitt vjev jet e nesliv, vji iyov xomm duni egvis vji qsugov fuit, vsatv ni ;)

Vjeplt gus vji xesn ximduni.

Et gus nz gsoipf, O fofp'v siemmz xepv vu qav jon fuxp op epz xez - ji't fuoph wisz ximm gus jontimg (tino-getv mepi O haitt), cav katv piifif vu dupgis vji siemotevoup! O haitt ov xet raovi tacvmi epf katv puvodoph fidotoupt ji nefi epf vji qsifodenipvt vjiz huv jon op epf O siemotif vjev O xuamfp'v jewi nefi vjuti notvelit (cav qsucecmz xuamf jewi nefi uvjist cz cioph vuu tegi O haitt).

O'wi ciip duptanoph vji humf epf puvecmi vjsieft epf qmep up siefoph Aptdsoqvif fasoph nz aqdunoph vsoq.

Upi vjoph O fof puvodi op emm vji vjsieft O'wi sief ot vjev vjisi esi e muv ug upmopi timmoph catopittit vemlif ecuav, xjodj ot exituni et O qmep vu timm nz huuft upmopi opovoemmz tu vji opgusnevoup ot wemaecmi, juxiwis O fup'v tii nadj veml ug iyov tvsevihz - xjodj O vjopl ot vji amvonevi figopoph qoidi ug vji Getvmepi fudvsopi. O vjopl ov't tu ietz vu vasp e catopitt opvu epuvjis kuc vsefoph voni gus nupiz, tu ov ot liz vu liiq vji wotoup dmies epf duptvepvmz sinopf upitimg vjev vjot ot e niept vu ep ipf, puv nz pix kuc.
O sinincis vjev @KetupS jet ep Optofist vjsief up jux ji caomv aq epf tumf jot idunnisdi tvusi.....

Cav xussz ecuav xjivjis vji tvagg xomm timm us xjivjis e qsufadvudsedz ot woecmi gostv. Veli upi tviq egvis epuvjis.

Vji iyov ot puv vji upmz amvonevi figopoph qoidi vjuahj. Getvmepi ot raovi januphuat op pevasi!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom