The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Insider Call] How to Kick a$$ with Facebook Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
With Facebook traffic, what are your thoughts on direct to a sales letter going for the sale vs building a basic funnel (ad -> optin (pixeled) -> 10 email autoresponder -> no sale, go into cooling off period, try again in 4-6 weeks)? Tried the sales page with 155 clicks to website (330 overall clicks) and no sales.

I answered this in depth on another post of mine but can't find it.

So a proper "funnel" is really hard to built out-of-the-gate, and then add steps in the funnel as I go. Building a funnel from scratch with little data, little customers, and little marketing experience is like trying to build a Formula 1 car with Ford Pinto parts.

I would suggest getting your sales page to convert, then adding in the autoresponder. Then add in an upsell. Then add in an another product, etc.

Does that help?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I would suggest getting your sales page to convert, then adding in the autoresponder. Then add in an upsell. Then add in an another product, etc.
That is such GOOD advice. Get Step 1, add Step 2.

Everyone should listen to this.

At one time or another, we are all guilty of doing too much at once, and therefore not being able to control the outcomes since we can't control for the variables

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
That helps a lot, thank you Jason! Definitely feel like I've been trying to tackle too much at once. I'll re-write the sales page, try some new targeting, and keep testing.

Agreed Ted, I will be taking his advice.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
@JasonR Seems like the FileDropper linked. Do you happen to have another copy somewhere for the recorded call?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
"Kicking A$$" in Facebook should only be measured in ROAS.

CTR and CPC's are irrelevant if they don't convert to sales.

Its widely known and accepted in the ad community that ROAS has dropped dramatically for most people, and costs have risen dramatically on Facebook. And Facebook still has never outperformed Search or Email Marketing.

So who is getting a good ROAS? Would love to hear those stories here.

We've spent 10's of millions on Facebook.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.