The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What the hell is wrong with Facebook?

Marketing, social media, advertising

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Months ago, I created an unpublished video post with headline & CTA using the page post section. I ran it as an ad & it did really well. Tons of engagement.

A few weeks ago, I edited the ad copy in page post section. After saving, my CTA button & headline disappeared. WTF? I said F*ck it, I'll just run it for video views then.

Today, I went to make an edit because my prices have changed...now I'm unable to make any edits due to this: Call-to-Action Button Is Missing: In order to optimize your ad for link clicks, you must include a call-to-action button in your ad creative. Please edit your ad and try again.

There is no way to add a CTA button at all.

FB help center is useless & for some reason FB doesn't let you make link posts with video in the page post section anymore.

I dont want to lose this ad...too much engagement & social proof.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Months ago, I created an unpublished video post with headline & CTA using the page post section. I ran it as an ad & it did really well. Tons of engagement.

A few weeks ago, I edited the ad copy in page post section. After saving, my CTA button & headline disappeared. WTF? I said F*ck it, I'll just run it for video views then.

Today, I went to make an edit because my prices have changed...now I'm unable to make any edits due to this: Call-to-Action Button Is Missing: In order to optimize your ad for link clicks, you must include a call-to-action button in your ad creative. Please edit your ad and try again.

There is no way to add a CTA button at all.

FB help center is useless & for some reason FB doesn't let you make link posts with video in the page post section anymore.

I dont want to lose this ad...too much engagement & social proof.

Does anyone know how to work around this?
I've no idea about FB advertising.

Have you a FB rep? Are there dedicated FB groups or forums where others at the coal-face can help you?

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I solved my problem but the editing is still limited.

I published the post to my FB page & just edited the copy on my phone. Weird that it would not allow me to edit on my computer...smh

If anyone else has this problem, I hope this helps.

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
I've no idea about FB advertising.

Have you a FB rep? Are there dedicated FB groups or forums where others at the coal-face can help you?

I don't think there are any Facebook run groups but maybe independent ones. Hey... do I hear opportunity knocking?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King
I solved my problem but the editing is still limited.

I published the post to my FB page & just edited the copy on my phone. Weird that it would not allow me to edit on my computer...smh

If anyone else has this problem, I hope this helps.

Mister,

If you are running a VPN on your computer:

Sometimes my VPN intereferes with online banking - what!, isn't that one useful application for encryption? - or file downloads: website may have missing features or buttons, etc.

My solution is to change exit points on the VPN. For example, disconnect the VPN from Chicago and then reconnect the VPN to LA. How to know which city will work with your application - Facebook, banking, etc? No way to know, just try a different city until you get the results you need.

Apparently the VPN's router configurations in each city are not standardized and not tested with a variety of applications.

P.S. I've noticed this "feature" with more than one VPN provider. ;)

Cheers,

'57

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
That or change browsers. Some of them have issues with specific things on FB. I remember a similar error with Chrome, I had to wait for Chrome to update to fix it :/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.