The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inheriting $200k

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have followed MJ and this site since before it was built. I lost everything during the last downturn. I've rebuilt my life and have a good income (sales job), very little debt, and some money in the bank. I am about to inherit a decent some of money ($200k). I'm 54 with a background in sales, business ownership, and real estate. I'm not going to write my life here I just have a simple question for those who feel qualified to answer it.

I have tolerance for risk but I'm at an age that I don't really need to make huge mistakes. How would you invest this money to achieve security and wealth?

I have learned to make something from nothing. I like buying cheap properties with as much owner financing as possible and reselling with owner financing. But having this sort of money to work with gives me some options to maybe try some different businesses. Or maybe I should stick with what I know? This is something that was just presented to me so I haven't put a lot of thought into it. This is the first place I'm asking this questions as i know there are some successful people here.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Waiting for the next recession where GDP is negative for 2 consecutive quarters and consider buying into the SPY or buying some real estate assuming prices drop 20%+. The stock market is weak right now, but economic growth is above average due to Trumps tax cuts, so this probably isn't the end of the bull market just yet but maybe in the next 1-2 years when interest rates rise to 4%+. Th Federal reserve always overshoots on the federal funds rate which is what leads to a recession. We are only at 2% now and they are raising at .25% per quarter so still some time to go.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Buy a business that doesn't slow down during recession.

I hear people are making bank with upscale Food Trucks. Buy two of those bad boys, upgrade them to a high standard, hire two hot looking gals to operate them for you. And you should clear $100k+ from each one after all your expense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.