• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Inheriting $200k

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by PurEnergy, Nov 23, 2018.

1. PurEnergy

PurEnergy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have followed MJ and this site since before it was built. I lost everything during the last downturn. I've rebuilt my life and have a good income (sales job), very little debt, and some money in the bank. I am about to inherit a decent some of money ($200k). I'm 54 with a background in sales, business ownership, and real estate. I'm not going to write my life here I just have a simple question for those who feel qualified to answer it.

I have tolerance for risk but I'm at an age that I don't really need to make huge mistakes. How would you invest this money to achieve security and wealth?

I have learned to make something from nothing. I like buying cheap properties with as much owner financing as possible and reselling with owner financing. But having this sort of money to work with gives me some options to maybe try some different businesses. Or maybe I should stick with what I know? This is something that was just presented to me so I haven't put a lot of thought into it. This is the first place I'm asking this questions as i know there are some successful people here.

Thank you!

Jeff Noel likes this.
  2. bringitnow28329

bringitnow28329 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $865
    Waiting for the next recession where GDP is negative for 2 consecutive quarters and consider buying into the SPY or buying some real estate assuming prices drop 20%+. The stock market is weak right now, but economic growth is above average due to Trumps tax cuts, so this probably isn't the end of the bull market just yet but maybe in the next 1-2 years when interest rates rise to 4%+. Th Federal reserve always overshoots on the federal funds rate which is what leads to a recession. We are only at 2% now and they are raising at .25% per quarter so still some time to go.

PurEnergy likes this.
  3. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,824
    Buy a business that doesn't slow down during recession.

I hear people are making bank with upscale Food Trucks. Buy two of those bad boys, upgrade them to a high standard, hire two hot looking gals to operate them for you. And you should clear $100k+ from each one after all your expense.

PurEnergy likes this.
  4. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,505
    Wait for market crash. Invest in index funds.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.