The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Indexed vs non indexed backlinks

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Ok, google (topeka) only has one backlink indexed to my best AM site. However, my guess is that they must see more than that due to my ranking. So what does this mean? Market Samuri shows 1800 bl.

Is there any value in looking at indexed backlinks?

If I was looking to go into my niche and am only seeing my site have one backlink I would think it would be easy to attack it. However if the reality is that there are hundreds of unindexed links contributing to the ranking, I may make an uninformed choice.

So does this matter or am I over analyzing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Couple factors at play here.

Google will never show you or display what they are indexing because it would give to much insight into what works for other sites. You can however see a few more if you log into their webmaster tools. It will show you a few of what they have indexed.

MS is using yahoo site explorer which is really the best option for checking sites that arent your's for indexed back links. It will still only give you a general idea.

You are never going to see all of them to be honest, but the answer to your questions in reality is a non indexed or followed link is worthless, but there is no way to tell outside of more complex server side analytics to see what has been seen or indexed. Just focus on getting more and not worry about it.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
I see two things here.

First off, if it's your best site, then I assume it's ranking, and if it's ranking, then i assume it has more then one backlink pointing at it.

Secondly, Market Samurai determines # of backlinks from Yahoo Site Explorer, which is a more comprehensive view of your backlinks.

Not sure about Google Webmaster Tools and what that might be showing...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.