The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Inbound Marketing Blogging Plagiarism?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 19, 2015
So I am trying to do inbound marketing by writing a blog, but there are so many other businesses that have also done inbound marketing. Essentially all the information is already out there is everything is repetitive.

I get my information from their inbound marketing and books. All information comes from others most of the time.

How do I get over the plagiarism? I write one sentence and feel like I am plagiarizing someone else's content. It is gray line between whether it is fact or or unique content. I looked at the images that other blogs are reusing and it seems nobody is crediting out "Image courtesy of..."
If the information is facts/definitions there really isn't much other way that states the information any clearer.

Anyone else got this problem?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
So I am trying to do inbound marketing by writing a blog, but there are so many other businesses that have also done inbound marketing. Essentially all the information is already out there is everything is repetitive.

I get my information from their inbound marketing and books. All information comes from others most of the time.

How do I get over the plagiarism? I write one sentence and feel like I am plagiarizing someone else's content. It is gray line between whether it is fact or or unique content. I looked at the images that other blogs are reusing and it seems nobody is crediting out "Image courtesy of..."
If the information is facts/definitions there really isn't much other way that states the information any clearer.

Anyone else got this problem?
I don't, but mainly because I don't rehash blog content. When I write a blog it's from experience. So even if the topic is something that's been covered before (let's say the topic is strong body language) it won't be plagiarized because it's unique to my life.

Anybody can write about standing up with good posture, smiling, and tilting your head up rather than down to create an air of positivity and confidence. But if I'm writing about it, I'll write about a time I walked into a business office standing tall, strolled up to the manager, smiled, introduced myself, asked for work, and left with a job.

You can't plagiarize your own life, though some people certainly try!

For the most part this is the only kind of blog content that makes sense now anyway. Nobody reads general content blogs. They search Google for solutions to specific problems that others have solved through real-world experience.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Inbound marketing is mostly about providing relevant content to your readers in a way they haven't experienced before. As @SinisterLex stated, if you write from your experience it should be something from a new perspective. So long as you are writing from your heart, as cliche as that may sound, I wouldn't worry about feeling like your plagiarizing. Just put good, solid content out there. Let the market decide how gray the line is.

OP
OP
MakeMoreMoves

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 19, 2015
I don't, but mainly because I don't rehash blog content. When I write a blog it's from experience. So even if the topic is something that's been covered before (let's say the topic is strong body language) it won't be plagiarized because it's unique to my life.

Anybody can write about standing up with good posture, smiling, and tilting your head up rather than down to create an air of positivity and confidence. But if I'm writing about it, I'll write about a time I walked into a business office standing tall, strolled up to the manager, smiled, introduced myself, asked for work, and left with a job.

You can't plagiarize your own life, though some people certainly try!

For the most part this is the only kind of blog content that makes sense now anyway. Nobody reads general content blogs. They search Google for solutions to specific problems that others have solved through real-world experience.
The thing is that, my perspective has changed about sales. I realized that a good salesperson is just an educator/advisor/expert on the topic. If I position myself as an expert rather than a salesperson I should make more sales, but doing so requires me to pretty much regurgitate concepts that are already out there.

To me, information is widely available and have to bring myself back to reality. The reality is that even though the information is widely available now, the majority still doesn't know any of this technical stuff.

My topics are about the materials that make up a high quality product. Which is all technical details, difficult to not just rehash.

I think I also have impostor syndrome. I read tons and tons, but haven't put out an article or post for the fear of putting out faulty information.

Thanks Lex

Inbound marketing is mostly about providing relevant content to your readers in a way they haven't experienced before. As @SinisterLex stated, if you write from your experience it should be something from a new perspective. So long as you are writing from your heart, as cliche as that may sound, I wouldn't worry about feeling like your plagiarizing. Just put good, solid content out there. Let the market decide how gray the line is.
Will take note of this as well. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
In 2016 when I was doing dropshipping (fairly successful at the time) and a very close friend of...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock