The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Importing from Canada to US - FDA Regulated

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2016
Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have experience importing products that are FDA regulated into the US from Canada? Does everyone just use a customs broker and call it a day or has anyone actually done it themselves? What is the process like?

Have been reading a lot on it and it definitely seems like a job for a customs broker but im not ready to give up yet.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
I would definitely get a customs broker for that. It's a small fee for sleeping soundly at night.

Rules are constantly changing, and unless you have training on being a customs broker, hand off that work to them. You don't want to get caught with your pants down.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2016
I would definitely get a customs broker for that. It's a small fee for sleeping soundly at night.

Rules are constantly changing, and unless you have training on being a customs broker, hand off that work to them. You don't want to get caught with your pants down.

Valid point. Any ideas on how the cost is calculated or what kind of cost i can anticipate for a broker? I have a meeting with an FDA broker on Monday and want to know if im being hosed or not on the cost.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
I'm not totally sure to be honest. You could maybe shop around a bit by visiting the US customs and border protection website and get a few quotes from different brokers.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
U.S. Customs and Border Protection said:
For example, questions about products regulated by the Food and Drug Administration should be forwarded to the nearest FDA district office (check local phone book under U.S. government listings) or to the Import Division, FDA Headquarters, 301.443.6553.

Personal Importation

Basic Importing and Exporting | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

How to Import from Canada Into the United States - Flexport

What type of product are your importing? Food? Drugs? Cosmetics? Medical equipment?

I have no experience here, but some quick research leads me to suggest that there is ample information on the web to figure it out yourself. Alternatively, hire a well reputed broker and call it a day. It still would not hurt to educate yourself and do your due diligence.

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text... (via @Black_Dragon43 ) A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom