G-Man
Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2014
- Messages
- 2,038
Rep Bank
$5,375
$5,375
User Power: 540%
I was having a discussion with a mentor of mine earlier this week. He’s a person I look up to in a lot of ways, most of all is his ability to manage other people, which is something I’ve been struggling to develop. I am not a good manager of others. His criticism was that I haven’t truly learned how to manage myself yet. He went into great details in his observations about me, and it was like looking into a ghastly but accurate mirror. He recommended I read and implement Steven Covey’s 7 habits as a starting point. I’m pretty skeptical of self help type stuff, but given my level of respect for this man decided to just stfu and follow directions. I’ve made it a little over half way through the book in the last 3 days, and I’ve decided to make it into a log,… that is a progress thread of the implementation process of the 7 habits into my life.
It’s a coincidence that it’s also the New Year, and I have never done a NY resolution, but I suppose you could call it a NY resolution if the timing is too coincidental for you.
Will post first update either later tonight or in the AM, and as always, appreciative of any observations/insights/criticisms from the forum dwellers.
-G Man
It’s a coincidence that it’s also the New Year, and I have never done a NY resolution, but I suppose you could call it a NY resolution if the timing is too coincidental for you.
Will post first update either later tonight or in the AM, and as always, appreciative of any observations/insights/criticisms from the forum dwellers.
-G Man
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
