The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm writing an eBook and there are those quotes...

Nekoemon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 18, 2016
Over the rainbow
Hi Fastlaners

I'm writing my eBook now (slightly turbocharged by reading and swallowing the Fastlane) and the main question popping up to my mind is the legal matter of quotes. If I want to quote a famous sentence from let's say Beethoven, I guess there isn't much to worry about. But what if I quote from a book that's on the market? eg The Millionaire Fastlane )
Of course I write my sources but is there a request to make to the editor? Is there a limit of words I can quote without having the heavies waiting at my door?
FYI all my writings are themselves protected by the Belgian PRS SABAM, that also manage the royalties for my songs.

Knowing that some of you already published eBooks, other question will come.

Cheers
Gilles

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC

Nekoemon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 18, 2016
Over the rainbow
Quotes. As long as you use citations and the credits are at the back of the book. That is one section to start in.
OK, thanks.

I'm not sure if this can help but I found this link here:

https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2016/08/how-to-legally-use-quotations-in-your-book/

Talks about the legalities of quotes. I don't know the author or am I an affiliate. I thought the guide was well informed! Good luck!
It helps, thanks.

G.S.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.