• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

I'm writing an eBook and there are those quotes...

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Nekoemon, Jul 14, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Nekoemon

Nekoemon New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $113
    Hi Fastlaners

I'm writing my eBook now (slightly turbocharged by reading and swallowing the Fastlane) and the main question popping up to my mind is the legal matter of quotes. If I want to quote a famous sentence from let's say Beethoven, I guess there isn't much to worry about. But what if I quote from a book that's on the market? eg The Millionaire Fastlane)
    Of course I write my sources but is there a request to make to the editor? Is there a limit of words I can quote without having the heavies waiting at my door?
    FYI all my writings are themselves protected by the Belgian PRS SABAM, that also manage the royalties for my songs.

Knowing that some of you already published eBooks, other question will come.

Cheers
    Gilles

ruzara5 likes this.
  2. Argue

Argue Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,338
    Nekoemon and ruzara5 like this.
  3. ruzara5

ruzara5 New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $60
    Quotes. As long as you use citations and the credits are at the back of the book. That is one section to start in.

Nekoemon and Christopher777 like this.
  4. Nekoemon

Nekoemon New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $113
    OK, thanks.

It helps, thanks.

G.S.