The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm only selling one product

Best platform for selling just one product?

• shopify

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • bigcommerce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wordpress

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Griff

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Feb 23, 2015
Chicago
Whats up fastlaners. I have a quick question that I'd like some guidance on.

So I'm looking to start my own brand of a certain product. Well, technically its a couple things combined but I'm selling it together as one single product.

The whole package deal is going to be the main item, a couple accessories, and probably an ebook guide to go with it. For now, I don't plan on selling any more than this.

What platform do y'all recommend for selling a single product like this? Shopify? Bigcommerce? Wordpress?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
WordPress has been an excellent solution for my business and should be more than enough for your single product. I run products and subscriptions using wordpress, woocommerce, and a couple extensions to make my life easier.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
WooCommerce.

Shopify seemed too rigid to me. But I guess thats their goal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rich_l

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 28, 2015
North Carolina
I haven't had much luck with any of the off the shelf platforms. I would only use them for their bulk import feature, big commerce is the best for that but I had trouble adding alt tags to the images. I'm exploring Shopify again after a break and it seems their SEO has gotten much better.

My advice, go with wordpress or squarespace, the latter is a little more restrictive but it can be up and running in a few minutes. wordpress has tons of great plugins and adaptability but it is a little harder to use. Also look into PayPal payments pro, cheapest I've found for payment processing.

Hope this helps.

Griff

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Feb 23, 2015
Chicago
Thanks for the responses everybody! It seems like wordpress/woocommerce is the way to go. I have experience with wordpress already (I have a blog) so I was leaning towards that anyway.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.