The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Marcus P representing for Better Business Blogging

Marcus P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 18, 2017
California
Hey,

I'm Marcus Perkins a beginner entrepreneur. As of now, I am an unpublished owner of the blog Break From Broke that is trying to learn as much as I can about entrepreneurship.

Break From Broke is my growing brain-child that will be designed to help other new entrepreneurs with as many tips, resources, and motivation to get them over the beginner's hump. We all have to start somewhere so I'd like to help those who want it but are completely lost.

A bit about myself

I am an U.S. Navy veteran that has been working full-time since separating. The civilian employment sector just doesn't seem like a fit for me. So, I am looking to becoming an entrepreneur in more the one market but, I'll just stick to one for now.

I am here to learn more about what it is those beginner entrepreneurs are troubled with and provide assistance where I can. Though I haven't read the Fastlane book or Unscripted as of yet, I will be adding them to my reading list.

So, without further ado.

I do have tons of knowledge in the market already, but there is always room for more. If there is anything that you'd like to suggest or ask, let me know. I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm Marcus Perkins a beginner entrepreneur.

I am here to learn more about what it is those beginner entrepreneurs are troubled with and provide assistance where I can.

I don't understand. If you're a beginning entrepreneur, how can you assist when you haven't been through the trials yourself?

It's like saying, "I'm here to get you through the Julliard Music School" but you haven't been through it or passed it yourself.

I am an U.S. Navy veteran

Thank you for your service and a big welcome to the forum. Lot's of vets here!

Marcus P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 18, 2017
California
I don't understand. If you're a beginning entrepreneur, how can you assist when you haven't been through the trials yourself?

It's like saying, "I'm here to get you through the Julliard Music School" but you haven't been through it or passed it yourself.

Thank you for your service and a big welcome to the forum. Lot's of vets here!

Yes, I am a beginner entrepreneur, but I do have some skills. I have areas of expertise such as target marketing, building websites, and using paid ads all of which I gained during MLM (which i am no longer apart of). I finally wanted to try working for myself and not rely solely on membership and team building.

I'm here to learn what veteran entrepreneurs didn't know when there were just starting out that they wish they did. Thank you as well. It was my pleasure to serve.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Just so you know where people are coming from with the initial responses...

We get a lot of “drive by” posters. They either drop by, share a link to their group/blog/course/etc and never come back. Their spam is deleted.

Also, this forum is based on the writings of the above poster MJ DeMarco, The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .

One of the biggest lessons from the books is to beware of Gurus. So, the initial post seemed a little guru-ey. It’s the paradox of practice we hate here. Don’t claim to be an expert in something when you’re not.

Check out the books and we hope you stick around here. Even if you are a squid.

(Marine here)

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Yes, I am a beginner entrepreneur, but I do have some skills. I have areas of expertise such as target marketing, building websites, and using paid ads all of which I gained during MLM (which i am no longer apart of). I finally wanted to try working for myself and not rely solely on membership and team building.

I'm here to learn what veteran entrepreneurs didn't know when there were just starting out that they wish they did. Thank you as well. It was my pleasure to serve.
Pat Flynn, who makes a great deal of money online (by teaching others to make money online) has a quote that fits perfectly for your situation:

"You can't teaching people how to make money online, if you haven't first done it yourself."

Before you teach people how to get over the beginner's hump, you need to get over that hump yourself first. Learn, then implement the things you learn, and once you experience some success, you can share that value with other people.

Not to put down MLM, but you can't sell people a bag of shit on the internet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have areas of expertise such as target marketing, building websites, and using paid ads all of which I gained during MLM (which i am no longer apart of).

Ooh!

Please do tell!

Would love to hear the story that made you say, "Naw, I'm done with this."

Marcus P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 18, 2017
California
Before you teach people how to get over the beginner's hump, you need to get over that hump yourself first. Learn, then implement the things you learn, and once you experience some success, you can share that value with other people.

Not to put down MLM, but you can't sell people a bag of shit on the internet.[/QUOTE]

I completely understand, but I have made money online through MLM. You can use similar if the exact same methods to market. Such as creating lead magnets, building lists, and email marketing to your audience with helpful tips while also promoting your companies membership. It's very similar to affiliate marketing. Plus, they're not all BS just a good bit of them are just in it for the money and don't provide any actual service.

Marcus P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 18, 2017
California
Ooh!

Please do tell!

Would love to hear the story that made you say, "Naw, I'm done with this."

Its a constant battle to build a team with a lot of people who want to just make money fast and think the job is easy. Which a lot of MLM promote that if you just make a post then you'll make money.

Then, companies rise fast and crash just as fast, so you have to switch to the next to ride the wave upward to earn decent. Its an endless cycle of quick high and even faster lows.

In the end, I realized that I was just another cog in another machine and I wanted something for myself. i wanted to earn a consistent income that I can control based on the effort I alone put in. I have plenty of experience creating content so I decided to go with a create a blog that helps people become REAL entrepreneurs.

I never once said I was an authority in this regard. With my blog I plan to build it. The reason I joined the forum is to learn to better help the audience of my blog.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
You should first read the books then come back. This is like coming to a star wars forum without watching the movies

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
You remind me of the obese lecturer who teaches people how to lose weight in MJ's Book.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
The problem is in the "trust". Look, when @MJ DeMarco started FLF he wasn't noob trying to help other noobs to become rich. He was self-made, richer then most of us.

In best case you have uphill battle. In worst you would scam naive beginners as many other gurus did.

Wishing you best and hope you will make a good decision about it.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
The idea is - make the million dollars and write the blog. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...