I need to get out of my current environment as fast as possible.
I live on the floor in my parents' house.
So far I've applied to 6 jobs, and have received a reply from 1 of them. The guy was impressed with my application, and wants to keep me around for a few more days as he finds the rest of the freelancers he needs. I guess imitating the writing style of the job posting helps.
I'm applying to 2-3 jobs a day, but it gets tough when I lose track of my vision. My aim is to move to Thailand for 3-6 months and work there while freelancing and building a software-based fastlane business. The thought came to me one day after reading a blog about digital nomads. I thought to myself, is there anything stopping me from moving to Chiang Mai once I'm 19 (in a few weeks)? Absolutely not. It would be a dream come true. Traveling, meeting awesome people, and being away from the negative influence of my parents? The greatest miracle of life.
My question is, how do I keep the vision alive while I'm doing the monotonous task of applying? I have good discipline (or so I think) from working out on and eating properly on a consistent basis, but as soon as I'm writing words that I know have a big chance of being ignored, I start to get anxious. I get thoughts like "Am I wasting my time? Should I be doing something else? What should I be doing? What if I don't apply to this job and I miss an opportunity?"
The fact is, if I keep sending 3 well-written, "you" based applications a day, I will eventually get steady work. The problem is my F*cking brain can't comprehend that. It thinks I need to be out partying and getting wasted with my friends. Or playing video games. Or not sitting at a coffee shop at 8PM while an old lady stares at me across the room.
I also hustle on Craigslist daily, so far I've made about $120 dollars from 2 pick-ups. I'm trying to specialize in apple products and cameras, since I know most about them. Seems to be a lucrative slowlane strategy for the time being, as you can easily 1.5x your cash if you can talk people down in price.
Anyways, hope I can get some advice from you guys. Thanks in advance.
I live on the floor in my parents' house.
So far I've applied to 6 jobs, and have received a reply from 1 of them. The guy was impressed with my application, and wants to keep me around for a few more days as he finds the rest of the freelancers he needs. I guess imitating the writing style of the job posting helps.
I'm applying to 2-3 jobs a day, but it gets tough when I lose track of my vision. My aim is to move to Thailand for 3-6 months and work there while freelancing and building a software-based fastlane business. The thought came to me one day after reading a blog about digital nomads. I thought to myself, is there anything stopping me from moving to Chiang Mai once I'm 19 (in a few weeks)? Absolutely not. It would be a dream come true. Traveling, meeting awesome people, and being away from the negative influence of my parents? The greatest miracle of life.
My question is, how do I keep the vision alive while I'm doing the monotonous task of applying? I have good discipline (or so I think) from working out on and eating properly on a consistent basis, but as soon as I'm writing words that I know have a big chance of being ignored, I start to get anxious. I get thoughts like "Am I wasting my time? Should I be doing something else? What should I be doing? What if I don't apply to this job and I miss an opportunity?"
The fact is, if I keep sending 3 well-written, "you" based applications a day, I will eventually get steady work. The problem is my F*cking brain can't comprehend that. It thinks I need to be out partying and getting wasted with my friends. Or playing video games. Or not sitting at a coffee shop at 8PM while an old lady stares at me across the room.
I also hustle on Craigslist daily, so far I've made about $120 dollars from 2 pick-ups. I'm trying to specialize in apple products and cameras, since I know most about them. Seems to be a lucrative slowlane strategy for the time being, as you can easily 1.5x your cash if you can talk people down in price.
Anyways, hope I can get some advice from you guys. Thanks in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
