The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm giving away copies of Unscripted to folks I meet

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
I bought 3 copies of Unscripted book (so far) to give away to folks that I meet that have that entrepreneurial spark and are building something bigger. Maybe it'll be a small push in the right direction. It can be someone in a job that wants to start out on their own, or someone that has already started their own thing... they gotta have that "spark" tho, you all know what I mean. I will write a little note in there and also encourage them to join us here at the forums. Maybe I can buy some @MJ DeMarco signed copies to give away if I can get past @Vigilante :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
Here is my first giveaway. I didn't think to include the book in the photo, whoops. I also need to make better notes, I forgot his name already - shit... Frank maybe? He moved from Belgium (gray shirt) and this little burger shop - By The Way Burger in Sherman Oaks, CA - looks like a chain - professional signage, logo, overall feel etc, and he wants to expand. Lots of options for alternative options like turkey, ground chicken, vegan. It was delicious.

Attachments

• IMG_20200221_124413-F1000x1000.jpg
    IMG_20200221_124413-F1000x1000.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 35

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just wanted to say that I appreciate the recommendations, means a lot!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I gave a copy of both books to all the kids in my family. I think 1 read them so it was 100% worth it.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
The two times I let someone borrow one of the books I found them later used as ashtrays, so I no longer run a library but a book store. You have to pay to play.

BOTH TIMES?!?!

*cough *cough *getbetterfriends *cough

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
It's the ultimate gift I bestow to those who have proven worthy :innocent: :halo:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
In the 5 years since I read TMF I've only successfully gotten ONE person to read it, lol. Pisses me off a bit.

I finally know a new, strong candidate though. A lifelong scripter that's just started having success with his own biz. Looking forward to geeking out.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
BOTH TIMES?!?!

*cough *cough *getbetterfriends *cough
Haha this was back I first read TMF and thought I discovered some magic secret and wanted anyone to know about it. Something something horses drinking water, but replace horses with habitual pot smokers.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I -really- want to get my brother to read it. He's going to start training in Anaesthesiology (very tough) soon.

I want to save him.

Any ideas? Help!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I -really- want to get my brother to read it. He's going to start training in Anaesthesiology (very tough) soon.

I want to save him.

Any ideas? Help!

Anesthesiologists make bank and have a great quality of life. If that's what he wants to do, what are you saving him from? Maybe try being supportive?

Then go out and fastlane something for yourself. If he sees your life is better than his (maybe it will be, maybe it won't), then he might "come around". Entrepreneurship isn't for everyone...

Besides, he'll have money to invest in your future ventures...

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Anesthesiologists make bank and have a great quality of life. If that's what he wants to do, what are you saving him from? Maybe try being supportive?

Then go out and fastlane something for yourself. If he sees your life is better than his (maybe it will be, maybe it won't), then he might "come around". Entrepreneurship isn't for everyone...

True dat.

He was influenced by me to become a doctor in the first place.

He's primarily in it for bank (he admitted it). I want him to see there's more fastlane ways to make it, that's all.

I'm not exactly trying to 'stop' him, just want him to see alternative paths and let him decide whether he really wants to go into it.

Plus, medicine is a dark, dirty business the public doesn't see (unless you're running your own, and even then). Anaes is known for toughness. If they think you're not suitable, they could just directly kick you out.

There is a reason why physician suicide rate is at least twice of the general public.

Last edited:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
True dat.

He was influenced by me to become a doctor in the first place.

He's primarily in it for bank (he admitted it). I want him to see there's more fastlane ways to make it, that's all.

I'm not exactly trying to 'stop' him, just want him to see alternative paths and let hikme decide whether he really wants to go into it.

I've never met an unemployed anesthesiologist. They come out of school and enter a high salary position with job security. They don't work as hard as other highly skilled medical professionals. They have a lot of disposable income. They often invest in real estate, so they can retire by 40-ish, if they hustle. They often don't want to retire because they like their jobs. They like the $$ and the day to day of it. Anathesiologists are the happiest people in the hospital.

Are there faster ways to fastlane/retire? Absolutely. But show me the way that carries less risk and less stress than his chosen path...

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I'm a general practisioner only, and I could retire in around two years, and I'll be 35, so...

Anaes is -EXTREMELY- stressful, lol. In some situations, if you fail to intubate, set an arterial line, etc etc. in a short amount of time, the patient is a goner.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm a general practisioner only, and I could retire in around two years, and I'll be 35, so...

Anaes is -EXTREMELY- stressful, lol. In some situations, if you fail to intubate, set an arterial line, etc etc. in a short amount of time, the patient is a goner.

Huh, maybe I just met 5 happy ones then. They were all older so I probably got their biased version of "the anathesiologists' life". Interesting, because they all made their job sound so light and easy. By their age, the stress wasn't an issue. It was one of them that said "happiest people in the hospital".

And kudos to you on your success. Able to retire by 35. That's pretty awesome.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
The thing is, I can retire at 35 'live'. But it's not enough to REALLY LIVE. That's why I wanna go fastlane :p

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020

I love this reply.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
It's good that you are trying to help people.

My advice, though, is selecting the people you want to unplug from the script.

Most people don't want to be helped when it comes to the script. I've tried several times and all I've got was hatred, because these people were experiencing cognitive dissonance between their original (conditioned) beliefs, and the new beliefs I was trying to instill in their minds.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I gifted the book to my brother, sent him a link to d/l kindle, and he STILL refuses to read it!! BAHHHHH!!!!

He was like "you get rich first, then I'll read it"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.