The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'll Buy Web Hosting For You

jazzfreak11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
Boston, USA
I decided to post this thread for two reasons.

1. I'm trying out fiverr, that site where you can hire people to do things for $5. I'm not trying to make a full-time income or anything, I've just seen the name being thrown around and wanted to see how I could use it to profit!

So besides cross-selling my offers and stuff (which by the way, require MINIMAL work from me), I came up with a great idea.

I will buy TWO MONTHS of HostGator.com Baby Hosting for you, for $5.

ryanlucht: I will buy you 2 months of Baby package hosting at HostGator, a 20 dollar value for $5 at Fiverr.com

So I'm sure all you smarty pants here at the forums can figure out why that's a great proposition for me.

Try guessing. If not, I'll reveal how I'm making plenty of money any time somebody buys that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's a great idea if you can cross sell them on your services, especially if they are residually oriented ... I apologize, but I can't remember, what is your service or offering? You might want to post the discount of your offer in percentage terms ... it has gotta be greater than 60%

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
It's probably just my sleep deprived mind, but how do you figure it's a 14$ discount on the fiverr page?

You're giving 2 months which costs 9$ a month: So 18$
You're giving the 2 months for just 5 dollars: 5$

18-5 = 13$ discount? right?

As far as the guess I'll get back to you on that when my mind is working better. :p

Edit: Ha, in my "perfect world" I forgot about taxes... Understandably this was ignored anyways.

jazzfreak11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
Boston, USA
It's a great idea if you can cross sell them on your services, especially if they are residually oriented ... I apologize, but I can't remember, what is your service or offering? You might want to post the discount of your offer in percentage terms ... it has gotta be greater than 60%

My services are all internet marketing related, so when somebody orders an internet marketing gig, I know they're interested and need some type of internet marketing work done.

But check out what I get from this gig:

Because of my status as an affiliate with HostGator, I'll get paid a MINIMUM of $50 for each new customer I refer.

So cost of two months: $18 + taxes, coupla cents in fees.
MINUS coupon for first month free: $9 for two months

Minimum payment: $50

So for each person who orders that gig, I make AT LEAST $41. It's not really scalable, but the concept in itself seems pretty :fastlane: to me.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Sign up as a hostgator affiliate in cj.com and they'll pay you $100 per referral.

There, I just doubled the income/profit of your business ;)

A

Anon3587x

I read on multiple affiliate forums web hosting incentive programs are flawed in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
You could also offer wordpress installations and a quick theme makeover using the free themes out there, by offering to install wordpress and do a quick design in exchange for them using your affiliate link to purchase the hosting from.

This can work and you can use this in a variety of ways, just be sure to make clear the person using the site and new theme is aware of the limitations using a free theme impose. Some dont link to be used for commercial purposes, but some dont mind. Just read the terms and conditions.

Blessings

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
I have also been trying out fiverr, no luck so far. Your idea is great I'm sure you will get a lot of orders. The thing about fiverr is the only way to do well is to provide unbelievable value for your buyers but still have your gigs take very little time.

Jason!

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 28, 2009
Just be careful man! I've worked with almost all the top hosting companies and they have people watching for incentivized sign ups on a daily basis. If they are using a service like Radian6 (which most do) they've already seen this thread because you used their brand name.

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
Please can we learn from your approach? I want to learn. How will make money from this? And If I want to extend the hostgator hosting to 1 full year, will it still be at $5 per month?

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
Reading through the comments, I think one has to be more careful in this our Internet jungle because there are plenty of sharks waiting.

millionairesol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Aug 11, 2011
Please can someone I advise me. I was thinking of using my bluehost account to create multiple websites for people for free, while they only pay me to give them a space to host on my account. But lately I started thinking it's crazy doing that since I do not know all the people that may come and who may have criminal intentions that could jeopardize my business and future.
Using the model of wordpress themes, I have a software I can use to create wordpress templates, how do you advise I apply this to attract both traffic and passive money? I need advice please.

easymoney99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Aug 3, 2011
I decided to post this thread for two reasons.

1. I'm trying out fiverr, that site where you can hire people to do things for $5. I'm not trying to make a full-time income or anything, I've just seen the name being thrown around and wanted to see how I could use it to profit!

So besides cross-selling my offers and stuff (which by the way, require MINIMAL work from me), I came up with a great idea.

I will buy TWO MONTHS of HostGator.com Baby Hosting for you, for $5.

ryanlucht: I will buy you 2 months of Baby package hosting at HostGator, a 20 dollar value for $5 at Fiverr.com

So I'm sure all you smarty pants here at the forums can figure out why that's a great proposition for me.

Try guessing. If not, I'll reveal how I'm making plenty of money any time somebody buys that.

yea man its a good way to earn an extra couple hundred a week (or more)

u have them pay YOU 5$ to set up their hostgator account with your referal link, in doing so you get paid by hostgator TOO. They pay you something like $50 when they renew the month or something like that.

Another twist on the method is to offer a website set up service. You offer to set them up with a basic site/blog and set up their hosting. They pay you $5 then the hosting company you affiliate with pays you for signing them up too.

I was doing something similar on fiverr only I was offering competition SEO analysis reports. I'd give them ALL their competitors backlinks in a list, THEN I'd upsell them later on a service that would also replicate their competitor's backlinks to their own site. It made money but didn't work out in the long run.

But yea as you said its not for full time income or anything, just an easy way to add an extra couple hundred or more to your account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.