The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ, why are you recommended Liquid Web hosting in TMF, while you use Go Daddy's?

yesyesyo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 28, 2019
I decided to switch to Liquid Web to give it a try, but before I checked your hosting and it's saying Go Daddy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
No it doesn't. THEFASTLANEFORUM.COM Technology Profile on BuiltWith

Are you trying to produce a "GOTCHA"??? LOL

"I knew MJ was a fake!! He lied, he said he been a loyal liquid web customer for yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs. Come to find out, he uses Go Daddy!!!" What a faker.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great first post, a statement that's completely false ... SMH.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
There is a thread on this somewhere here from years ago. I use liquidweb as well and had moved a a few sizeable clients there way back when. They are still amazing years later.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
O0rUOwb.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Could this be a genuine question and an honest mistake? Why the instant pile on and hate?

Maybe we can be better than this as our first interaction with a new member? Just my 2 cents.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
He might not know the difference between registrar and hosting I guess.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why the instant pile on

Because he afforded me no such opportunity, other than an instant presumption of nefariousness. When one creates a forum account and this is his first post (and no other content was read or consumed based on the time spent here) it's safe to say his intentions aren't forum contribution and/or learning. And based on the location of his IP address, I highly doubt he is (or ever would be) a LW customer. So in short, his original contention ("i decided to switch to LW") is highly suspicious, even moreso that he followed it with an errant conclusion where he presumed duplicity. One assumption deserves another.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Could this be a genuine question and an honest mistake? Why the instant pile on and hate?

Maybe we can be better than this as our first interaction with a new member? Just my 2 cents.
That's what I feel like. I feel like he's just researching hosting companies and wanted an opinion.. not trying to call MJ a fraud lol.

Don't forget about wanting a refund and he better refund you within 30 minutes or else all hell will break loose :eek:

Lol what happened here?

jackwilder94

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 7, 2012
Guys, godaddy, liquidweb, whatever else shit there is, are just shit. If you need real hosting go for Njalla(some sites still get taken down), bpw.sc, prq.se

These are the only proven hosts that won’t F*ck up your site. Anything else, ANY other host, do not trust, the pussy government workers will take your site down on the first dmca notice.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lol what happened here?

That's what I feel like. I feel like he's just researching hosting companies and wanted an opinion.. not trying to call MJ a fraud lol.

Casual observers of the forum have NO IDEA how many accounts are deleted here that are created soley for bullshit purposes.

I've been doing this for ten years and have come to recognize reoccurring patterns from spammers, self-promoters, and troublemakers.

Just to give you an example... if someone writes on their profile that their from the "USA" you can bet that they aren't. #1, people who live in the states NEVER would write in a profile that they're from the "USA" -- minimally, they'd give a state identification. 100% of the time (yes 100%) someone says "USA" as a profile location, their IP comes back from Pakistan, India, or some country where forum accounts are 97% nefarious, and 3% real. So if you're lying on your forum registration form, it's a good bet that you're not at the forum for its intended purpose.

Not saying that was the story from this fellow, but other "tells" are evident.

Notice how this person never came back? Not even to clarify?

That said, I'm all for giving new users a chance and having them feel welcomed. However if your forum registration (and your first post) starts off sketchy, you're not getting the benefit of the doubt.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yeah, I always see USA and I'm thinking.... no one here ever says that. Unless someone is from Arkansas and not wanting others to know you are from there so maybe just put USA. LMAO Just kidding for those from Arkansas :blush::innocent: :halo:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I enjoy a good comic relief thread :)