The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you're ever feeling down because things aren't going well, watch this

Anything related to matters of the mind

ali.lari2x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 30, 2023
Ever since I watched Shawshank Redemption back in 2018, a particular scene has lived in my head completely rent-free. The one where Andy Dufresne gets to finally drive along the coast with the sunroof exposed, after months in the sh*thole prison he was in. It resonated with me even back then, in high school, because I was pretty much headed for the path of complete mediocrity of living for the weekend and looking at the clock, waiting for the school day to end.

If you're ever doubtful or fearful of how things might turn out, or what the future holds for you, remember that there is only a select few ways to achieve the freedom you desire. I think we can all agree that not a lot of us go down this path solely for the money and status (why not just work in investment banking and drive a cool car right off the bat?), but also for the true FREEDOM and unshackling from the modern wageslavery we are caged in.

A good exercise you can do right now is to imagine what your life will be like if you don't figure this sh*t out. Every day, 5 days a week, for 50-60 years, your time will be stolen from you in exchange for paper. You will wonder where all the time went, why your life went nowhere, but still go back to pretending that nature made such a thing as 'weekends' and 'weekdays' and that you can only do XYZ on 'weekends'. You'll wake up to an alarm, most likely sleep deprived because you scrolled on your phone all night out of spite, desperately squeezing every last drop of your meagre 'free' time for dopamine and fake pleasure. All because you know damn well the next day, it's groundhog day, baby.

Seriously, I cannot comprehend how INSANE this way of life is. It is literally the highest risk life you can ever live, riskier than any business venture you can ever think of. By living the 'normal' life, you're betting on the following:
  • Making it past the age of retirement
  • Living long enough past retirement such that you can make up for all the lost years
  • Having the same zest for life and passion you had when you were 20 (luckily for us I don't think this is really a problem, most entrepreneurs have a never-ending fire in them, not all, but a good portion)
  • Making it in good physical and mental condition to enjoy however much money you saved
  • Having enough money to account for the nifty little thing we have called inflation

It is like one long work week (50-60) years followed by one short weekend (20-30 years), except this time you can't go out drinking with your buddies or booking a spontaneous trip to the Alps because you'd get a stroke right then and there.

It genuinely SCARES me how this is the scripted path of life for the vast majority of human beings.

It is childlike freedom that I desire more than anything else, the one that makes the adults who live their "adult lives" wonder how on earth you live the life you live. Even retiring my mother, because I know I can do that through getting a really high-paying job no problem.

I have tasted freedom. It isn't much, but that one drop of liberty has shattered all the limiting beliefs I had in my mind about escaping the mundane system we are placed in from birth. It's SO good, and I can't wait until I experience more of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.