The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you had a check written out to you for $150,000

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
Who would you reach out to first? What type of investment would you make that you'd think will give you the best return in a moderate time frame? When would you imagine it will yield the best gain at the quickest pace? Where else would you disperse other portions of that liquidity? Why wouldn't you might not want to go all in on one idea/asset to expand revenue by a huge dividend? How would you put the pieces together to form a thriving asset?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'd drop it in the brokerage account with the other money and buy some stocks that I think are good long term cruise control opportunities right now and let it sit.

Or

Buy 3 or 4 80% LTV rental homes.

Depends on the mood I'm in. Stocks are cheap enough now and way more liquid.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Who would you reach out to first? What type of investment would you make that you'd think will give you the best return in a moderate time frame? When would you imagine it will yield the best gain at the quickest pace? Where else would you disperse other portions of that liquidity? Why wouldn't you might not want to go all in on one idea/asset to expand revenue by a huge dividend? How would you put the pieces together to form a thriving asset?

I'd probably read one of the other threads here on the same topic.

Here's one of dozens to get you started

$1,000,000 to invest

and one more

*UNSCRIPTED* - What's your focus? Making pennies? Or Millions?

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Suppose that I had a hypothetical question. Imagine there was a forum where there's a FAQ section right up at the top, that says "please don't ask hypothetical questions." Humor me, for the sake of discussion, that my hypothetical question was exactly like the kind the forum owner said, please don't post here. Why by golly, I'd rush to make a new post with that hypothetical question right away. Assuming that was your situation, wouldn't you? Or - I know this is so hard to envision, sorry it's so speculative - would you perhaps do something else with your hypothetical question?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Until my cash flows were firing on all cylinders I would keep investing in my best chance at creating cash flow.

So - if that 150k represents the majority of your money I wouldn't put it into anything but yourself.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Startup capital

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Startup capital

Should be about the right amount to begin the HypotheticalQuestions.com Forum, the Internet's place where evidence and informed conversation are strictly forbidden, and all guesses are welcome!

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Should be about the right amount to begin the HypotheticalQuestions.com Forum, the Internet's place where evidence and informed conversation are strictly forbidden, and all guesses are welcome!
That domain is unused.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I'm actually debating this right now. I'm trying to decide between 3 paths.
1) Buy a 2012 458
2) Buy an FBA business for $150k, use to it make the monthly payments on the 458
3) Start an FBA business from scratch, use to it make the monthly payments on the 458
4) Leave it in the bank at 1.5%

The reason I'm sticking with FBA, is that I really don't want to do alot of extra work with this business (no more employees and no more warehouse space). I have enough going on as is, so I'm trying to be as passive as possible on this venture.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Simple... I’m buying a business with exceptional MRR.

But another part of me is saying models and bottles.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
models and bottles

I discovered that meme in a video of a dumb young guy throwing around money to impress people at an NYC bar, who obviously wouldn't give a damn about him as soon as the money's gone. The video was shared by a guy who teaches young people how to get a job on Wall Street. I found his site when I was searching for advice on how to find affordable suits. (His article on that is excellent.) Unfortunately I don't remember his name or site right now. I think the jobs he helps people get make them King and Queen of the Slowlane, but the business advising people could well be a Fastlane success!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I have many examples that were real life. Most had to do with purchasing crappy properties, renovating them, and selling for incredible profits.

The most recent is a land deal which is outlined here. Land Game (Lot Splitting and Investing)

Basically paid $120K for 40 acres. Selling 9 acres or so in three lots. Keeping 30 acres bordered against state and federal land to build my house on.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I'd immediately hire 2 or 3 employees/contractors in succession to work on my existing projects.

I'd then spread out into other MVP fishing, in attempt to find something juicy, and once I did I'd nail that with everything I had. $150k once off just aint going to cut it. Turning it into $150k a year would.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.