The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas for EDDM offer

Idea threads

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
Hello everyone. I am going to give EDDM a try and I am brainstorming offers to convert them little post cards into solid customers. This is for a house cleaning business where I try to acquire weekly/every other week customers on a set price basis. The idea I had for the offer was first cleaning half off. However I am not sure this is the best offer to promote because by the time the second cleaning comes around they may just cancel because they do not want to pay full price on a regular basis.

What are your thoughts on the best type of promotion tactic to apply?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
I would definitely offer a half price clean or maybe even a free clean to get your foot in the door. use the offer as a call to action. (must book within a week)
Don't target crappy neighborhoods. they are more likely to use it once and never again.

Other than that, not much you can do. A lot of people come and go in that industry. as long as you are building a long term client base, that's all that matters

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
What does EDDM stand for?
Every door direct mail.

What are your thoughts on the best type of promotion tactic to apply?

Im a hug fan of the Tim Ferris offer. Instead of a "first clean free!" why not try "if you're not satisfied, we'll refund you 110%!" If you offer free service it discounted service, people expect that of you. Don't devalue your time, but instead show that you are so confident in your abilities, that you'll pay them money if they're not happy. I have not personally tried this yet, but the stories I have heard on it say that there's very few instances of abuse.

Also, when in doubt, split test. Do 1 neighborhood 1/2 off, another first clean free when you schedule 2 services, and the third 110% guarantee. Which ever promo converts the best, use that going forward.

Test, measure, pivot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.