The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Ideas]End of the year gifts for B2B customers

Idea threads

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Wondering if anyone has any solid ideas for end/begin of the year thank you's to customers? I'm still in the minor leagues over here, but have a few firms I'm working with consistently I'd like to show appreciation to.

Right now I'm torn between doing something industry-specific (architecture & interior design) and something more general like a "coffee on us" with a Starbucks gift card. I noticed I have a lot of businesses in Seattle so that may end up being just another gift card. The absolute last resort is a coupon which sounds more like a play to get them to spend more money.

Any advice? Doughnuts? Fidget spinners (jk)? Branded swag?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Wondering if anyone has any solid ideas for end/begin of the year thank you's to customers? I'm still in the minor leagues over here, but have a few firms I'm working with consistently I'd like to show appreciation to.

Right now I'm torn between doing something industry-specific (architecture & interior design) and something more general like a "coffee on us" with a Starbucks gift card. I noticed I have a lot of businesses in Seattle so that may end up being just another gift card. The absolute last resort is a coupon which sounds more like a play to get them to spend more money.

Any advice? Doughnuts? Fidget spinners (jk)? Branded swag?
My sawmill sent me a simple Christmas card signed by the owner. Probably sounds dumb but that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I never gave gifts to customers, but did give gifts to some of my contacts in China. This was most often the case if the woman who was my regular contact was getting married or had a baby. It was usually a tiny stuffed Koala toy.

Personally signed cards for Christmas, Chinese New Year and Western New Year were usually exchanged.

If you want to send something to customers, personally signed cards are hard to beat. Gift cards simply don't appeal to me. They seem almost patronizing.

Walter

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Thank you both @broswoodwork and @Walter Hay, I think handwritten thank you cards is the move to make.

Now I have to touch up this handwriting...

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Kind of silly, but a few years ago when I used MailCheat(Chimp) they sent me a pair of socks with the monkey on it.

I've also received whole a$$ books from companies they write. This Won't Scale from Drift comes to mind.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Try and put yourself in their shoes. If you have the industry knowledge, you probably already know what they would like.

I think a handwritten card with a small gift would be nice.

The architect types seem to be pretty nerdy and would maybe like something like this.

ca16bb5567f4a8a57a36c02f0c011657_original.jpg

Or maybe you want to get them something that sits on their desk so they think of your company everytime they see it.

View: https://youtu.be/dlsjNFrHcKk

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Gift cards are impersonal and cheap - it looks like an afterthought that you just happened to notice in the WalMart check out.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
Depending on the number of clients you have and what products are related to both of you would be a good starting point. If you supply knives and forks, then I wouldn't suggest a gift card for 3 free tires at Uncle Fred's secondhand tire emporium.

If they supply you with party supplies and equipment, then perhaps a bottle of clean skin wine, with your own homemade label attached. Say "Shat oh La-Plonk". Not good for consumption except killing weeds.

A client gave me a stainless steel credit card bottle opener, which I still carry in my wallet and use to this day.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
In addition to the card I would send them something thoughtful. Perhaps about their location or yours. First thing that came to mind is connecting coffee to South Dakota and sending them coffee from a local company. Another idea would be connecting their location and niche and I think Etsy would be a good place to search. For instance 1961 Seattle Space Needle Patent Print, John Graham, Rotating Restaurant, Seattle Art, Architecture Gift, Tower Art, Architect Gift

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
It is great that you have your customers in mind and treat them like that assets they are.

I would try to strike a deal with some type of complimentary offer/exclusive discount etc from another business but still related to that market as a whole.

You both do the same for each other....offer some exclusive just for that persons customers/clients as a joint venture.

Win all around.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
There are endless possibilities obtainable from Promotional Products companies, the majority of whom advertise that they will put your brand on "40,000, or 50,000" different products, many of which are insulting cheap and shoddy, but some are handy and worthwhile.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.