The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea to make millions

Idea threads

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
I think I have not conveyed my concept fully. The concept to me is to do the market research, find an opportunity where a 'value proposition innovation' can be made. People buy the value proposition that is tailored just for them for max value and customer satisfaction.

In simpler terms, Starbucks looked at a customer segment, and realized in Europe there is an already validated high end european coffee lounge scene. He made some tweaks to see if it would work in America. He innovated the value proposition in order to serve a premium experience with higher end coffee to women, and upper middle class mostly.

In essence, he created a new superior value proposition tailored to his target audience. He kept a supreme focus on continually improving the value proposition for his target audience.

In conclusion, my overall concept is:

superior strategy + superior organization/business model
= superior value proposition for target audience = superior results ( customer satisfaction + profit + growth)

A business wants to create a superior value proposition (value, brand, product, and experience). It needs an optimal strategy and organization/business model to be able to design and create that superior value proposition.

The concept at hand is to achieve an above average or superior value proposition for the target audience. Keep improving the value proposition to improve results(ideally leading to heavy growth and then scale). Would you say that is an accurate enough way to look at it?
What you're saying is correct... but feels very theoretical in the way you describe it. As if it was based on extensive paper research. You're not wrong, it's just your way of communicating is very algorithmic. Do you read a lot or are you a big 4 consultant?

You describe stuff from the business model/supply-side of things. But the magic happens on the user/demand-side. Be careful not to trample a subtle part of seeing the world from another person's perspective and letting them show you what they really need. And then acting on it, watering the seed of productocracy and gaining traction in the real world.

Screenshot_20210808-222735_YouTube.jpg

I'm afraid that this theoretical "approach to the approach" made Starbucks fail in Australia.

I agree with @Kung Fu Steve:
Complexity is the enemy of execution.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
You describe stuff from the business model/supply-side of things. But the magic happens on the user/demand-side. Be careful not to trample a subtle part of seeing the world from another person's perspective and letting them show you what they really need. And then acting on it, watering the seed of productocracy and gaining traction in the real world.

View attachment 39384

I'm afraid that this theoretical "approach to the approach" made Starbucks fail in Australia.

I agree with @Kung Fu Steve:
Right, but they made the adjustment. They did the strategic management and adjusted it for that situation. They project the brand, and what they are offering is strong enough to succeed there long term, and success is likely long term. It's impossible to be 100% accurate which is why they call it strategic management. Strategy needs to be continually adjusted/managed to get the right outcome.

What you're saying is correct... but feels very theoretical in the way you describe it. As if it was based on extensive paper research. You're not wrong, it's just your way of communicating is very algorithmic.
working on the business(at the helm) is different than working in the business. The ceo and coo is in charge of company building, and strategic management to create and achieve the intended high result. I believe it is like asking a person who is strategically using a sniper to use a machine gun up close. Everyone's got their style. I personally find managing strategy to output the intended result, and building an effectively executing organization/business model to achieve that outcome is the approach that works for my thinking. I believe a macro view of things helps in optimizing outcomes. I do agree that at the start of a company you are doing both, working in it and at the helm of it.

If you are working IN your business rather than at the helm leading your business you effectively just spend money to run a job, not run a business. If no one is effectively leading and managing the business it's getting close to gambling. Just my opinion. Company building/managing, and strategy is my thinking on it

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.