The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea: N95 Masks with a picture of your face

Idea threads

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
If everyone is going to be wearing N95 masks, it would be nice if you could still identify people by their face.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If everyone is going to be wearing N95 masks, it would be nice if you could still identify people by their face.

everyone’s not

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'll take one in the AM, although this should probably be in the Off Topic section

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
everyone’s not

I didn't know it had been decided. I had heard they were considering it.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/cdc-face-masks-virus-C0VlD-19/2020/03/31/id/960671/

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
What I hear from you: "can I sell masks to people if I put what I think is an interesting spin on them?"

I think if you're a good salesman you can for sure do that. I've seen many masks with interesting designs being sold like hot cakes. Some of them on crowdfunding platforms pulling in crazy sums. I actually thought the marketing on one of the products was really cool, I'd have bought a mask like that!

I personally don't care about the picture of your face mask, I think it's pretty lame, but I think if you wanted to sell cool masks, people would be interested and you could make sales.

Is this a business you'd want to be in? Is it more of a quick way to flip some money and have fun with it? Are you going to end up with a bunch of ugly masks that nobody wants to buy? Questions you should ask in addition to the key consideration "can you sell masks".

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
What I hear from you: "can I sell masks to people if I put what I think is an interesting spin on them?"

I think if you're a good salesman you can for sure do that. I've seen many masks with interesting designs being sold like hot cakes. Some of them on crowdfunding platforms pulling in crazy sums. I actually thought the marketing on one of the products was really cool, I'd have bought a mask like that!

I personally don't care about the picture of your face mask, I think it's pretty lame, but I think if you wanted to sell cool masks, people would be interested and you could make sales.

Is this a business you'd want to be in? Is it more of a quick way to flip some money and have fun with it? Are you going to end up with a bunch of ugly masks that nobody wants to buy? Questions you should ask in addition to the key consideration "can you sell masks".

I was wearing an N95 mask and instinctively picked up my iPhone, which did not automatically unlock because the facial recognition failed. I had to type in a long password, which was annoying. If my mask had a picture of my face, perhaps the iPhone would have unlocked automatically. How many times a day do people check their mobile phones? A majority check their phones 160 times a day.

I've worked in a business where we personalized mugs and T-Shirts with people portraits. Why not masks?

This idea isn't some hill I'm willing to die on, I thought I would throw out the idea in case someone was already in that type of business. I would expect on this forum, some people already are in the personalized merchandise business. Maybe it would be easy for them to add masks to their product offerings.

I don't agree that the key consideration is "can you sell masks", I think the key consideration is - do the masks provide a value or benefit to the customer.

I appreciate that you put some thought in to your post, unlike MoreValue/MoreVolume.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't think people would buy masks with their faces printed on them. HOWEVER. I can definitely see people buying 'cool' looking / customized masks. You could start a fashion trend...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I don't think people would buy masks with their faces printed on them. HOWEVER. I can definitely see people buying 'cool' looking / customized masks. You could start a fashion trend...

license from marvel

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
What I thought this thread was going to be about from the title was a way to create N95 masks that fit you perfectly based on a picture of your face.

Everyone's face is shaped a little differently. Apparently it sometimes takes a bit of work to get a mask to fit properly.

Could someone skew value by manufacturing masks that gave everyone a bespoke fit to their face? It would probably cost a little bit more, so you'd have to research whether people would pay extra for a mask that fits them.

Maybe a better direction to go with this would be to make custom goggles this way instead. I saw a bunch of photos of nurses in China whose skin developed sores where the goggles pressed into their cheekbones.

Edit:

P.S. The idea of a mask that looks like your face reminded me of this hilarious video I saw this morning (start at 1:52).

View: https://www.facebook.com/bevmann.medium/videos/1224487511081074/

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I missed this the first time I looked:

image04.jpg

face-if-masks.jpg

D

DeletedUser0287

Fashion masks have been a fashion thing for a while. Especially, in countries where mask use was pretty common pre coronavirus

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

image04.jpg

face-if-masks.jpg

I'd buy it.

Just because it would make people laugh, instead of giving me the nervous side-eye when I'm the only one wearing one in the grocery store.

D

DeletedUser0287

image04.jpg

face-if-masks.jpg

Didn’t think of the phone ID problem. I still got Touch ID. Lol they charging $40 retail per mask.$40 for mask that is meant to be limited reuse.

edit: Wait...can’t you just register a second face with a regular mask on your phone.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I'd buy it.

Just because it would make people laugh, instead of giving me the nervous side-eye when I'm the only one wearing one in the grocery store.

If they sold them in batches, you wouldn't have to worry about anyone stealing your masks.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Since they're using computer technology for passports and scanning your face, I don't think they're going to allow a mask to get in the way. I believe they would use your finger prints if they really needed to identify you. Since I know they have mind in the Netherlands for my Permit to stay here. And the U.S. already had mine from background checks for being a Human Service Worker. I don't think mask technology and photographs are relevant with all the other ways they can identify you in 2020.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.